Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Dart needs crosstown routes. Downtown Dallas is too far away to be the nexus for all of these lines.

Nothing matters down there.
I guess Fair Park and the Dallas Zoo doesn't matter.

BTW DART is expanding the blue line in Oak Cliff. Two new stations will be opened (Camp Wisdom Station and University of North Texas Station) by 2016.

Source: DART.org - DART Rail Expansion Maps

Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
its still asking to sign up for your link as well. just copy/paste the link to google and click on the article when the results pop up if you want to read the full article.
When I previewed the post it still gave me the free preview. Stupid Houston Comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I guess Fair Park and the Dallas Zoo doesn't matter.

BTW DART is expanding the blue line in Oak Cliff. Two new stations will be opened (Camp Wisdom Station and University of North Texas Station) by 2016.

Source: DART.org - DART Rail Expansion Maps
You'd be right......

....sorry you couldn't catch the sarcasm in the original post.

Quote:
Agreed! People tend to overlook the development going on South of the River/Downtown.
Yeah like Fox 4 not highlighting any DART lines down there.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
When I previewed the post it still gave me the free preview. Stupid Houston Comical.

You'd be right......

....sorry you couldn't catch the sarcasm in the original post.

Yeah like Fox 4 not highlighting any DART lines down there.
Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet....

I hope you know that was Fox 4's graphics.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Top 15 Reasons Dallas Is Better Than Houston | Cities Journal

Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM

725 posts, read 1,240,852 times
From the DMN...

Houston, middle-class magnet | Dallas Morning News

Old 08-01-2014, 02:18 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
The innovation section really failed to mention the huge tech breakthroughs.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet....

I hope you know that was Fox 4's graphics.
Yeah I said those were.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
there you go again, posting another baseless list with no merit..

15. lol, 3 of those 5 teams arent even from Dallas.

14. seriously? Dallas has TORNADOS. at least we know when a tropical storm is coming..

13. lol, bragging about better air, and then acknowledging its BARELY better than Houstons air. thats pretty sad considering all the refineries we have down here..

12. theyre seriously going to throw out Oliver Stones JFK? the only reason that was shot there was because Kennedy was KILLED IN DALLAS.

11. i guess theyve never heard of Beyonce?

10. lol, Houstons economy destroys Dallas' economy.

9. there are more millionaires in Houston than there are in Dallas.

8. congratulations on having more watered down shopping centers.. Houston just happens to have theGalleria (and no, Dallas Galleria is NOT the same).

7. i guess the first heart transplant isnt as innovative as a convenient store or a margarita machine..

6. umm.. Houston Rodeo...

5. lol, congrats on having one niche thing to brag about..

4. last i checked Houston was 20th worst commute in the nation and Dallas was 24th. not exactly much difference..

3. lmao.. Dallas doesnt even make the top 10 in terms of cities with the most annual visitors. at least Houston usually comes in around number 8-9 (highest in the state).

2. they compare the Dallas Arts District to Houstons Theater District but fail to include the MUSEUM DISTRICT and MONTROSE.

1. i can assure you Houstonians are not jealous of some silly oversized big tex doll.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
there you go again, posting another baseless list with no merit..

15. lol, 3 of those 5 teams arent even from Dallas.

14. seriously? Dallas has TORNADOS. at least we know when a tropical storm is coming..

13. lol, bragging about better air, and then acknowledging its BARELY better than Houstons air. thats pretty sad considering all the refineries we have down here..

12. theyre seriously going to throw out Oliver Stones JFK? the only reason that was shot there was because Kennedy was KILLED IN DALLAS.

11. i guess theyve never heard of Beyonce?

10. lol, Houstons economy destroys Dallas' economy.

9. there are more millionaires in Houston than there are in Dallas.

8. congratulations on having more watered down shopping centers.. Houston just happens to have theGalleria (and no, Dallas Galleria is NOT the same).

7. i guess the first heart transplant isnt as innovative as a convenient store or a margarita machine..

6. umm.. Houston Rodeo...

5. lol, congrats on having one niche thing to brag about..

4. last i checked Houston was 20th worst commute in the nation and Dallas was 24th. not exactly much difference..

3. lmao.. Dallas doesnt even make the top 10 in terms of cities with the most annual visitors. at least Houston usually comes in around number 8-9 (highest in the state).

2. they compare the Dallas Arts District to Houstons Theater District but fail to include the MUSEUM DISTRICT and MONTROSE.

1. i can assure you Houstonians are not jealous of some silly oversized big tex doll.
You make Houston look bad...

Old 08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Best Places For Business and Careers List - Forbes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas