Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,783,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Sigh. That isn't the point here.

The point is that taking one data point on one day doesn't prove anything at all.
Nothing at all? Not even an insight into the two markets?

Really?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
Those mentalities are what you get because your biased towards Houston, like I am for DFW. You don't think Houston posters come off as insecure and jealous as well? It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Ummmm. Not really. Overall, the mentalities are like that. Houston posters can brag, but it's not about stuff that they know Houston ISN'T good or is top dog at. Now, I can say that Dallas promotes itself better then Houston, even though Houston is the rising underdog.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Ummmm. Not really. Overall, the mentalities are like that. Houston posters can brag, but it's not about stuff that they know Houston ISN'T good or is top dog at. Now, I can say that Dallas promotes itself better then Houston, even though Houston is the rising underdog.
...oh so now Houston is the underdog?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
There are two theme parks that begin construction in the coming months.

Adventure Pointe is going to release the groundbreaking date in the coming days.
Adventure Pointe

And Grand Texas has set a tentative opening date for the waterpark and sports complex portions of their new theme park

Grand Texas Entertainment District-Theme Park-Water Park-Sports-Arts-Restaurants-Houston TX

But Houston has the biggest theme park in the world. It's called Galveston.
Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark | Galveston Water Park
Moody Gardens Galveston Texas | Amusement Theme Parks | Houston Attractions | Family & Group Vacation Idea TX
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
plus the strand, cruise terminal, salt water fishing, and free ferry rides where you can watch the dolphins.

How's the dolphin watching in Dallas?
This is far fetched.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
When it comes to being in the state of Texas...Everyone downs Houston about the heat, the lack of zoning, the minorities, the ugliness, etc. So, yes, I feel that it's the underdog, but through it all, it continues to rise. Beyonce' said it best: "Bow down *******."

Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebor79 View Post
There are two theme parks that begin construction in the coming months.

Adventure Pointe is going to release the groundbreaking date in the coming days.
Adventure Pointe

And Grand Texas has set a tentative opening date for the waterpark and sports complex portions of their new theme park

Grand Texas Entertainment District-Theme Park-Water Park-Sports-Arts-Restaurants-Houston TX

But Houston has the biggest theme park in the world. It's called Galveston.
Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark | Galveston Water Park
Moody Gardens Galveston Texas | Amusement Theme Parks | Houston Attractions | Family & Group Vacation Idea TX
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
plus the strand, cruise terminal, salt water fishing, and free ferry rides where you can watch the dolphins.

How's the dolphin watching in Dallas?
Oh really? I do not believe this.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM

81 posts, read 105,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Oh goodness.....HOUSTON JUST LOST......the last gasping breath of a debate is always the "race card". But to label an entire sport as racist, well, that comes across as pretty biggoted and racist in of itself.....the more posts I see, the more I KNOW Houston falls far behind DFW. Poor Houston....always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Are you serious? Houston is losing? How? Please elaborate more on this theory if yours..Houston isn't falling behind Dfw.. Look around bro.. Houston us trending right now who's influenced pop culture more in the last 3 years?? That's right.. h town ..so you can go with that bs about houston falling behind crap somewhere else!

Old 08-26-2014, 10:14 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Never heard of Adventure Pointe until now

Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 PM

81 posts, read 105,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Please explain how it is that you think houston is below dallas. . What has dallas done to influence the country in any way.. I don't know about you but I see a lot of houston influence though. .

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Never heard of Adventure Pointe until now
That's the little one in Texas City, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas