U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Cool kids with echosmith
11 posts, read 8,497 times
Reputation: 22

Advertisements

WOW, THATS GREAT! (For IAH to have their 4th trans pacific route, not including Singapore) DFW has 6 trans pacific routes, planning another one to Beijing.

And guess what? IAH is ending service to Victoria TX.

4 DFW terminals are being renovated to be like terminal D.

We're the 4th busiest airport in the nation, 8th in the world. IAH is 18 in the nation. I mean, Las Vegas and Charlotte are busier than IAH!

 
Old 10-21-2014, 05:11 PM
 
4,061 posts, read 5,191,312 times
Reputation: 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by David364 View Post
WOW, THATS GREAT! (For IAH to have their 4th trans pacific route, not including Singapore) DFW has 6 trans pacific routes, planning another one to Beijing.

And guess what? IAH is ending service to Victoria TX.

4 DFW terminals are being renovated to be like terminal D.

We're the 4th busiest airport in the nation, 8th in the world. IAH is 18 in the nation. I mean, Las Vegas and Charlotte are busier than IAH!
We are the 8th busiest and Houston is the 28th busiest
Quote:
Rank Airport Location Code
(IATA/ICAO) Total
passengers Rank
Change %
Change
1. United States Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport Atlanta, Georgia, United States ATL/KATL 46,950,533 Steady Increase0.8%
2. China Beijing Capital International Airport Chaoyang, Beijing, China PEK/ZBAA 41,268,295 Steady Increase1.2%
3. United Kingdom London Heathrow Airport Hillingdon, London, United Kingdom LHR/EGLL 35,083,389 Steady Increase1.9%
4. United Arab Emirates Dubai International Airport Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates DXB/OMDB 34,676,090 Increase3 Increase6.2%
5. United States Los Angeles International Airport Los Angeles, California, United States LAX/KLAX 34,334,921 Increase1 Increase6.6%
6. Japan Tokyo Haneda Airport Ōta, Tokyo, Japan HND/RJTT 33,787,778 Decrease2 Increase5.9%
7. United States O'Hare International Airport Chicago, Illinois, United States ORD/KORD 33,219,851 Decrease2 Increase3.9%
8. United States Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, United States DFW/KDFW 31,116,091 Increase1 Increase4.4%
9. France Charles de Gaulle Airport Roissy-en-France, Île-de-France, France CDG/LFPG 30,787,209 Decrease1 Increase4.3%
10. Hong Kong Hong Kong International Airport Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, China HKG/VHHH 30,642,000 Increase1 Increase6.5%
11. Indonesia Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Cengkareng, Banten, Indonesia CGK/WIII 27,882,000 Decrease1 Decrease5.1%
12. Germany Frankfurt Airport Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany FRA/EDDF 27,787,828 Steady Increase2.4%
13. Turkey Istanbul Atatürk Airport Istanbul, Turkey IST/LTBA 26,988,757 Increase5 Increase10.1%
14. China Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport Huadu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China CAN/ZGGG 26,713,189 Increase2 Increase4.5%
15. Singapore Singapore Changi Airport Changi, Singapore SIN/WSSS 26,606,802 Decrease2 Increase1.4%
16. United States Denver International Airport Denver, Colorado, United States DEN/KDEN 25,936,343 Decrease1 Increase2.1%
17. Netherlands Amsterdam Airport Schiphol Haarlemmermeer, North Holland, Netherlands AMS/EHAM 25,725,205 Decrease3 Increase4.2%
18. United States John F. Kennedy International Airport Queens, New York City, New York, United States JFK/KJFK 24,926,073 Increase1 Increase4.2%
19. China Shanghai Pudong International Airport Pudong, Shanghai, China PVG/ZSPD 24,469,701 Increase2 Increase7.8%
20. Malaysia Kuala Lumpur International Airport Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia KUL/WMKK 24,458,182 Steady Increase9.7%
21. United States San Francisco International Airport San Mateo County, California, United States SFO/KSFO 22,627,356 Increase1 Increase5.5%
22. Thailand Suvarnabhumi Airport Bang Phli, Samut Prakan, Thailand BKK/VTBS 22,577,808 Decrease5 Decrease12.1%
23. United States Charlotte Douglas International Airport Charlotte, North Carolina, United States CLT/KCLT 21,962,586 Steady Increase2.6%
24. South Korea Seoul Incheon International Airport Incheon, Republic of Korea ICN/RKSI 21,605,214 Increase1 Increase7.7%
25. United States Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Phoenix, Arizona, United States PHX/KPHX 21,308,676 Increase2 Increase3.7%
26. United States McCarran International Airport Las Vegas, Nevada, United States LAS/KLAS 21,225,387 Decrease2 Increase2.3%
27. United States Miami International Airport Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States MIA/KMIA 20,745,599 Decrease1 Increase1.7%
28. United States George Bush Intercontinental Airport Houston, Texas, United States IAH/KIAH 20,176,820 Steady Increase2.2%
29. India Indira Gandhi International Airport Delhi, India DEL/VIDP 19,555,780 Increase3 Increase4.7%
30. Spain Madrid Barajas Airport Madrid, Spain MAD/LEMD 19,518,354 Decrease1 Increase3.3%
 
Old 10-21-2014, 05:58 PM
 
Location: The Bayou City
3,220 posts, read 3,582,099 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
We are the 8th busiest and Houston is the 28th busiest
are we really getting into this crap again? congrats on being a mega regional hub.. IAH is an INTERNATIONAL hub. how many flights does DFW have to central/south america? or across the Atlantic? considering how many more international destinations IAH serves, something tells me we have more.

do you want to point out how you have a bigger convention center, and more miles of light rail track while youre at it?

Last edited by TexasTallest; 10-21-2014 at 06:11 PM..
 
Old 10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
 
Location: The Bayou City
3,220 posts, read 3,582,099 times
Reputation: 1454
you get more bang for your buck in Houston..

Houston blows the other metros out of the water when it comes to adjusted annual earnings.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oNl5-opdDr...%2C%2B2014.jpg
 
Old 10-21-2014, 06:23 PM
 
4,061 posts, read 5,191,312 times
Reputation: 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
you get more bang for your buck in Houston..

Houston blows the other metros out of the water when it comes to adjusted annual earnings.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oNl5-opdDr...%2C%2B2014.jpg
Where is the BANG in Houston......No sense of place anywhere...just a bunch of huge neighborhoods that look no different from each other....the nice neighborhoods are just as seedy as the regular neighborhoods.....ALL MIXED IN
 
Old 10-21-2014, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Cool kids with echosmith
11 posts, read 8,497 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
are we really getting into this crap again? congrats on being a mega regional hub.. IAH is an INTERNATIONAL hub. how many flights does DFW have to central/south america? or across the Atlantic? considering how many more international destinations IAH serves, something tells me we have more.

do you want to point out how you have a bigger convention center, and more miles of light rail track while youre at it?
JFK has more trans-Atlantic flights than IAH, and cheaper.
if I want to travel to South America/ Carribeans, I would go to Miami since they have more Latin America routes than IAH.
 
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM
 
Location: The Bayou City
3,220 posts, read 3,582,099 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Where is the BANG in Houston......No sense of place anywhere...just a bunch of huge neighborhoods that look no different from each other....the nice neighborhoods are just as seedy as the regular neighborhoods.....ALL MIXED IN
what the heck are you yapping about? better quality of life, better parks, better museums, better theater, better arts, better food, better highway infrastructure, nicer neighborhoods, bigger malls, a beach, more travel options.. i think you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David364 View Post
JFK has more trans-Atlantic flights than IAH, and cheaper.
if I want to travel to South America/ Carribeans, I would go to Miami since they have more Latin America routes than IAH.
do you realize how illogical that is?
good for JFK.. thats a major airport for the New York City metro. right on the eastern seaboard, perfect for the shortest/most efficient flights across the Atlantic possible.
and Miami is a HUGE Latin American and Caribbean cultural hub. more so than Houston. and much closer location to the Caribbean. of course its going to have more of those flights. just as DFW has more regional flights than IAH. those airports are better positioned for those particular routes you purposely singled out.
 
Old 10-21-2014, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Willowbend/Houston
13,403 posts, read 20,312,718 times
Reputation: 10183
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
are we really getting into this crap again? congrats on being a mega regional hub.. IAH is an INTERNATIONAL hub. how many flights does DFW have to central/south america? or across the Atlantic? considering how many more international destinations IAH serves, something tells me we have more.

do you want to point out how you have a bigger convention center, and more miles of light rail track while youre at it?
Thats an ignorant statement TexasTallest. I thought you would research your stuff before posting.

Im an airline consultant, let me help you:

By region, destinations served (nonstop):

Latin America (not including Mexico):
IAH: Caracas, Bogota, Quito, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero, Panama City, Managua, Roatan, Belize City, San Salvador, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Liberia, San Jose, Guatemala City.
DFW: Caracas, Bogota, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janerio, Sao Paulo, Panama City, San Salvador, Liberia, San Jose, Roatan, Belize City, Guatelama City.

Europe:
IAH: London, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Moscow
DFW: London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Amsterdam

Africa:
IAH: Lagos
DFW: None

Middle East and Central Asia:
IAH: Istanbul, Dubai, Doha
DFW: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha

Oceana:
IAH: None
DFW: Sydney

Asia:
IAH: Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Singapore (not nonstop), Taipei (announced)
DFW: Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Beijing (announced)

Its increasingly clear the biggest difference between IAH and DFW internationally is Latin America. IAH serves more destinations in Mexico.

But let me ask you a question TexasTallest, are you bold enough (or really stupid enough) to say DFW is merely a regional hub? IAH is more international by about 20-25% passenger wise, but the difference is almost entirely Latin America. As far as passengers overseas are concerned, they are about even with IAH having only a slight lead.

Bottom line, calling DFW a regional hub is idiotic and uneducated.
 
Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Cool kids with echosmith
11 posts, read 8,497 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
what the heck are you yapping about? better quality of life, better parks, better museums, better theater, better arts, better food, better highway infrastructure, nicer neighborhoods, bigger malls, a beach, more travel options.. i think you get the point.



do you realize how illogical that is?
good for JFK.. thats a major airport for the New York City metro. right on the eastern seaboard, perfect for the shortest/most efficient flights across the Atlantic possible.
and Miami is a HUGE Latin American and Caribbean cultural hub. more so than Houston. and much closer location to the Caribbean. of course its going to have more of those flights. just as DFW has more regional flights than IAH. those airports are better positioned for those particular routes you purposely singled out.
"Better Parks"- Houston wins
"Better food"- it depends in the restaurant and what it serves. Different opinions
"Better highway"- good for Houston for adding tollways and making the Houston Map look like rings.
"Nicer neighborhoods"- only SW of Houston and The Woodlands. Don't consider Baytown as "nice neighborhood"
"Bigger malls"- you may have the biggest mall, but DFW has a lot of malls and better stores
"Beach"- A real Texan rather go to Padre island
"Travel options"- airport is a yes, but Houston only has 1 Interstate that crosses state lines .Excluding I-69.
 
Old 10-21-2014, 07:43 PM
 
Location: The Bayou City
3,220 posts, read 3,582,099 times
Reputation: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Thats an ignorant statement TexasTallest. I thought you would research your stuff before posting.

Im an airline consultant, let me help you:

By region, destinations served (nonstop):

Latin America (not including Mexico):
IAH: Caracas, Bogota, Quito, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janiero, Panama City, Managua, Roatan, Belize City, San Salvador, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa, Liberia, San Jose, Guatemala City.
DFW: Caracas, Bogota, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janerio, Sao Paulo, Panama City, San Salvador, Liberia, San Jose, Roatan, Belize City, Guatelama City.

Europe:
IAH: London, Paris, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Moscow
DFW: London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Amsterdam

Africa:
IAH: Lagos
DFW: None

Middle East and Central Asia:
IAH: Istanbul, Dubai, Doha
DFW: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha

Oceana:
IAH: None
DFW: Sydney

Asia:
IAH: Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing, Singapore (not nonstop), Taipei (announced)
DFW: Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Beijing (announced)

Its increasingly clear the biggest difference between IAH and DFW internationally is Latin America. IAH serves more destinations in Mexico.

But let me ask you a question TexasTallest, are you bold enough (or really stupid enough) to say DFW is merely a regional hub? IAH is more international by about 20-25% passenger wise, but the difference is almost entirely Latin America. As far as passengers overseas are concerned, they are about even with IAH having only a slight lead.

Bottom line, calling DFW a regional hub is idiotic and uneducated.
sorry im not going to waste my time researching airline stats for that dude. congrats on specializing in the airline industry. want to talk skyscrapers, developments, or infrastructure? DFW is very much a regional hub. where else do you think the other 10 million passengers or whatever come from if we have "practically the same international destinations, minus Houstons advantage in Latin America"? it is much better suited for regional transfers and short hops to surrounding cities. Houston is more limited in that regard and better suited for long haul trips down south and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David364 View Post
"Better Parks"- Houston wins
"Better food"- it depends in the restaurant and what it serves. Different opinions
"Better highway"- good for Houston for adding tollways and making the Houston Map look like rings.
"Nicer neighborhoods"- only SW of Houston and The Woodlands. Don't consider Baytown as "nice neighborhood"
"Bigger malls"- you may have the biggest mall, but DFW has a lot of malls and better stores
"Beach"- A real Texan rather go to Padre island
"Travel options"- airport is a yes, but Houston only has 1 Interstate that crosses state lines .Excluding I-69.
Houston continually rates a top foodie destination. i dont hear much about Dallas..
you do realize DFW has been pumping out tollways left and right for the last 5 or so years, right?
and i dont consider south dallas to be a "nice neighborhood"
better stores is debatable..
sure if you dont live near a beach and are going to have to make a big hassle to make a trip out of it anyways. we can just throw on our swim suit, hop in the car, and be at the beach in less than an hour.
ohh, so you can take a cruise out of Dallas??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top