Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,533,373 times

Advertisements

lulz.. i don't think anyone ever said Dallas didn't have a place to "get away from the hustle and bustle of city life".. they just don't have a beach to get away to.. Houston has multiple lakes for water recreational activities as well, so I'm not sure what your pictures prove besides Dallas only has a couple lakes (and a stream/creek/"river"/whatever you want to call the Trinity) for relaxation while Houston has the beach, lakes, and bayous to get away to. hmmm..

Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 PM

speaking of places to get away to..

the $200 million dollar Memorial Park master plan was unanimously approved today..

Houston City Council approves Memorial Park master plan redevelopment - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
The Houston City Council unanimously approved the new master plan for Memorial Park on April 1, according to media reports.

The big initiative for the Houston Parks Board today is Bayou Greenways 2020, an extensive project that would create parks along almost all of the bayous around the city. And now that the Memorial Park master plan has been approved, it could begin as early as this year.

Houston's parks, Memorial Park, Buffalo Bayou to be renovated, receive funding (Video) - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Houston’s economic boom in recent years has led to a dense urban core that transformed a once-lush bayou into a concrete jungle. But through significant efforts by Houston’s wealthiest and most-prominent, the city’s green spaces are in the midst of a revitalization to make Houston more attractive.
Houston’s business community can reap the benefits from investment in its parks, proponents argue.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb View Post
it's not an ocean. It's a gulf. The muddy gulf of mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i know u know View Post
acording to dallasites anything outside of dfw is either dirty or a pit. That post by bcb is a perfect example of the dallitude.

Old 04-01-2015, 03:06 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,610,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Yes I've seen people in the Dallas forum post that one of the advantages of the location of DFW is that it is "only" 4 or 5 hours from the beach. With that said why wouldn't one just live in Little Rock instead of Dallas ? You would be much closer to the Ozarks and not that much further from the coast ?
Thats ridiculous. Dallas offers far more than Little Rock ever could. Its only 3.5 hours as it is. Why would I move to a city a fraction of the size to be one hour closer to the Ozarks?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:15 PM

6,263 posts, read 7,423,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Thats ridiculous. Dallas offers far more than Little Rock ever could. Its only 3.5 hours as it is. Why would I move to a city a fraction of the size to be one hour closer to the Ozarks?
LOL I actually agree , but if living a couple of hours closer to the Ozarks was that big of a deal then Little Rock would be bigger than it is now don't you think ?...

Old 04-01-2015, 05:36 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,610,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
LOL I actually agree , but if living a couple of hours closer to the Ozarks was that big of a deal then Little Rock would be bigger than it is now don't you think ?...
Some people are mountains people and some are beach people. I prefer hills and mountains myself but can see where one would prefer a beach.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:16 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,773,140 times
Houston's traffic congestion getting worse, study says

Olivia Pulsinelli
Houston Business Journal
April 1, 2015

Quote:
If it seems like Houston’s traffic is getting worse, that’s because it is — at least according to a new study.

Houston ranks at No. 12 among the most congested cities in the U.S., according to the 2015 TomTom Traffic Index from Amsterdam-based GPS company TomTom.

That’s up from the No. 14 spot the Bayou City has held for at least the past two years. It’s also still the most congested city in Texas, followed closely by Austin at No. 13 in the U.S. San Antonio and Dallas-Fort Worth make an appearance much farther down the list, at Nos. 31 and 32, respectively.
Full Article

Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post

Olivia Pulsinelli
Houston Business Journal
April 1, 2015

Full Article
lulz, you posted this to prove what? traffic is getting worse ALL OVER TEXAS. if you didn't notice, people are moving here in droves. of course more cars on the road is going to mean more traffic.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:23 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,878,759 times
Quote:

Olivia Pulsinelli
Houston Business Journal
April 1, 2015

Full Article
April Fools.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:31 PM

6,263 posts, read 7,423,640 times
Quote:

Olivia Pulsinelli
Houston Business Journal
April 1, 2015

Full Article
Even if these figures are accurate the difference in commutes between DFW and Houston is only about 4 1/2 minutes per day. That's 2 1/4 minutes each way. Not a significant difference..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas