Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 11:07 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
sorry downtown Houstons vacancy rate is about 3-4 times as low as downtown Dallas'..? and congrats on the potential grocery store. downtown Houston has a 28,000 sq ft Phonecia..

ah, i see that. i still stay by my original comment about downtown Houston.

25 developments currently under construction (including a handful of renovations..), totaling billions dollars. tripling the residential population, adding 2 new light rail lines, building dedicated bike lanes, building new hike/bike trails along Buffalo Bayou, redeveloping the entire convention district, and developing a brand new retail district, to name a few..

http://downtownhouston.org/site_medi...ders_11X17.pdf

both cities downtowns have bright futures, that is for sure.
Go Houston ..................

Old 05-02-2015, 11:38 AM

355 posts, read 469,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
sorry downtown Houstons vacancy rate is about 3-4 times as low as downtown Dallas'..? and congrats on the potential grocery store. downtown Houston has a 28,000 sq ft Phonecia..

ah, i see that. i still stay by my original comment about downtown Houston.

25 developments currently under construction (including a handful of renovations..), totaling billions dollars. tripling the residential population, adding 2 new light rail lines, building dedicated bike lanes, building new hike/bike trails along Buffalo Bayou, redeveloping the entire convention district, and developing a brand new retail district, to name a few..

http://downtownhouston.org/site_medi...ders_11X17.pdf

both cities downtowns have bright futures, that is for sure.
Yes, I agree. Houston is making a good deal of improvement. I'll definitely check it out in 2017! And you should also come to Dallas in 2017!

The main thing I wish Dallas does is get the Trinity River project handled without this whole Trinity Parkway debacle. It needs to be scrapped so that we can focus on the floodway improvement, infrastructure improvements, restoration of the land, and of course the recreational aspects. There is just too much talking heads out there and nothing is going for the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah this is what I saw Dallas as in the 2000s. They renovated many empty buildings.
Would it be a fair statement to say that there are more ambitious projects going on now than in the last decade?

Old 05-02-2015, 02:18 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas12 View Post
Yes, I agree. Houston is making a good deal of improvement. I'll definitely check it out in 2017! And you should also come to Dallas in 2017!

The main thing I wish Dallas does is get the Trinity River project handled without this whole Trinity Parkway debacle. It needs to be scrapped so that we can focus on the floodway improvement, infrastructure improvements, restoration of the land, and of course the recreational aspects. There is just too much talking heads out there and nothing is going for the people.

Would it be a fair statement to say that there are more ambitious projects going on now than in the last decade?
The Trinity toll road boondoggle will die if everyone votes for the right mayor and city council candidates on May 9th! Rawlings needs to go.

Mayor: Marcos Ronquillo
District 3: Wini Cannon or Joe Tave. I prefer Joe Tave, but don't live in District 3.
District 4: Carolyn Arnold
District 5: Sherry Cordova (this one is going to be close)
District 7: Hasani Burton
District 8: Eric Williams
District 9: Mark Clayton (close race)
District 10: James Wight (his opposition is Mike Rawlings puppet)

Dallas Green Alliance

^
Vote for the park
http://coalitionforanewdallas.org/

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 05-02-2015 at 02:30 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 11:03 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
The amount of posts in this thread is remarkable

Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 AM

6,291 posts, read 7,497,291 times
WOW look at this slide show , it must have been quit a sight . You can view the slides without a subscription to the Chron.com.

They first appeared as a distant speck on the horizon of Galveston Bay.
As they slowly made their way up the Houston Ship Channel to Barbours Cut Terminal, they gained definition: four, 30-story-tall, 1,500-ton cranes improbably attached to the deck of a ship - the largest cranes ever to grace the Port of Houston.

Mammoth cranes signify new era for Port of Houston - Houston Chronicle

Old 05-06-2015, 11:36 AM

Hopefully this is a sign that the ball is picking up speed and is about to really start rolling now...fingers crossed.
Trinity non-profit awards Dallas grant ‘in exchange’ for giving money to longtime contractor | | Dallas Morning News
Quote:
“In my 35 years of practice, I have not encountered a project remotely close to the [Trinity River corridor project] in terms of scope, vision and technical complexity,” he said.
Quote:
“Private donations go to keep the Trinity Center open and to fund city amenities – bridges, lakes, trails and parks — in the Trinity,” she said.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:14 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Hopefully this is a sign that the ball is picking up speed and is about to really start rolling now...fingers crossed.
Trinity non-profit awards Dallas grant ‘in exchange’ for giving money to longtime contractor | | Dallas Morning News
Hopefully it funds a lake underneath the Margaret Hunt Bridge.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 PM

More fun stuff.....
State Fair, other Dallas attractions are nominated for USA Today's '10Best' polls | Dallas Morning News

Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 PM

Dallas is always open minded.....weather you like it or not
Food and Drink: A Starbucks like you've never seen is now open in Dallas | GuideLive

Old 05-06-2015, 10:22 PM

638 posts, read 568,486 times
Default Dallas is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Dallas is always open minded.....weather you like it or not
Food and Drink: A Starbucks like you've never seen is now open in Dallas | GuideLive
Dallas has the State Fair of Texas. Six Flags Over Texas. The Cotton Bowl. All games come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas