Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,391,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I always state good things about Dallas; I have already mentioned many times before that I like it just as much as I like Houston. The only reason I moved to Houston was because it was farther from my family than Dallas.
U know jluke...i knowu have...BUT.......you are aways sure to challenge any kind of compliment or props thats given to dallas....its like it irks houstonians to hear ANYBODY give dallas props. Because then houstonians have to go and find an article stating the opposite.....its like houstonians want all the glory....lol.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:28 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,243,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
U know jluke...i knowu have...BUT.......you are aways sure to challenge any kind of compliment or props thats given to dallas....its like it irks houstonians to hear ANYBODY give dallas props. Because then houstonians have to go and find an article stating the opposite.....its like houstonians want all the glory....lol.
not true. And it Dallas doesn't just do this on City-data. Remember the 2012 olympic bid? When the Olympics committee was about to check Houston out after eliminating Dallas? Didn't Dallas officials pull a hater move and say to watch out for the mosquitos or something like that? Like Dalas doesn't have their share of mosquitos?

Your post represents how often Dallas is quick to call the kettle black. In reality Houston doesn't give a damn about Dallas and vice-versa, but occasionally a Dallas official or journalist will take a small sucker punch at Houston. I remember a few years ago a Dallas article was talking about "Houston, that sinking feeling. Would Anyone miss it? OR something like that.

My point, don't act like Dallas is in the clear because the bashing comes from both sides.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:41 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,613,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post

My point, don't act like Dallas is in the clear because the bashing comes from both sides.
Yes it does and the sooner people realize that its just as bad on both ends, the sooner we can move past this.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,797,452 times
Quote:
not true. And it Dallas doesn't just do this on City-data. Remember the 2012 olympic bid? When the Olympics committee was about to check Houston out after eliminating Dallas? Didn't Dallas officials pull a hater move and say to watch out for the mosquitos or something like that? Like Dalas doesn't have their share of mosquitos?

Your post represents how often Dallas is quick to call the kettle black. In reality Houston doesn't give a damn about Dallas and vice-versa, but occasionally a Dallas official or journalist will take a small sucker punch at Houston. I remember a few years ago a Dallas article was talking about "Houston, that sinking feeling. Would Anyone miss it? OR something like that.

Nobody worried about that big ugly slum down in Houston. Like that OP posted that time "Houston kinda grossed me out" And I couldn't have describe Houston better myself. The Dallas officials did the right thing to let the Olympic committee know how horrible of a town Houston really is. We all know that DFW run this state. Maybe thats why all the Texas A&M Aggies rave about how much they like Dallas and how clean it is.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 04-21-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,025,710 times
Why would we want to move past this?

Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,797,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Why would we want to move past this?
Right... somebody has to put the Houstonians in their place.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Nobody worried about that big ugly slum down in Houston. Like that OP posted that time "Houston kinda grossed me out" And I couldn't have describe Houston better myself. The Dallas officials did the right thing to let the Olympic committee know how horrible of a town Houston really is. We all know that DFW run this state. Maybe thats why all the Texas A&M Aggies rave about how much they like Dallas and how clean it is.
LOL! Just like nobody's worried about that big, country hillbilly, soulless, sterile, wanna-be city up in Dallas. AKA the city that just feels like a "movie set" of a city, but no real city. AKA- the city that tries too hard, AKA, the city that wants to pretend like its an east coast city, AKA, the city that has to use Fort Worth as a crutch to be able to compete with the real cities like Houston!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,736,237 times
Quote:
LOL! Just like nobody's worried about that big, country hillbilly, soulless, sterile, wanna-be city up in Dallas. AKA the city that just feels like a "movie set" of a city, but no real city. AKA- the city that tries too hard, AKA, the city that wants to pretend like its an east coast city, AKA, the city that has to use Fort Worth as a crutch to be able to compete with the real cities like Houston!
Houston is just a big, swampy, and smelly city by the Gulf!Houston is a real city!?! Dallas-Fort Worth is the BEST metro area in Texas! We shouldn't put Dallas and Houston in the same category, Dallas is far supirior. Houston might be on the Dallas level one day, but it will never happen in my life time, that is just the way it is!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Houston is just a big, swampy, and smelly city by the Gulf!Houston is a real city!?! Dallas-Fort Worth is the BEST metro area in Texas! We shouldn't put Dallas and Houston in the same category, Dallas is far supirior. Houston might be on the Dallas level one day, but it will never happen in my life time, that is just the way it is!
The only smells in Houston are the crabs and fish by the water which Dallas doesn't even have! LOL. All Dallas has is some imitation man-made lake in the city surrounded by miles of dry and crusty prarie land. Unlike Houston, Dallas has no greenery. Big D claims to have trees but they're just really large bushes! Dallas sits on a brown, boring featureless prarie. Dallas will always just be that city that tries hard to be something its not, a city that will never escape its cowboy roots no matter how hard it tries! YEEEEEEEEEEE- HAW!!!!!

And to top it off, Houston's hosted the NBA and MLB Playoffs and 2 Superbowls while Dallas is just now getting around to hosting its first and probably only Superbowl!... Seeing that the game will really be in Arlington and people won't want to waste time driving back and forth between cities to experience what they should in one city! Pathetic.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:04 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,736,237 times
Quote:
The only smells in Houston are the crabs and fish by the water which Dallas doesn't even have! LOL. All Dallas has is some imitation man-made lake in the city surrounded by miles of dry and crusty prarie land. Unlike Houston, Dallas has no greenery. Big D claims to have trees but they're just really large bushes! Dallas sits on a brown, boring featureless prarie. Dallas will always just be that city that tries hard to be something its not, a city that will never escape its cowboy roots no matter how hard it tries! YEEEEEEEEEEE- HAW!!!!!

And to top it off, Houston's hosted the NBA and MLB Playoffs and 2 Superbowls while Dallas is just now getting around to hosting its first and probably only Superbowl!... Seeing that the game will really be in Arlington and people won't want to waste time driving back and forth between cities to experience what they should in one city! Pathetic.
Dallas is very green in the spring and summer! Houston sits by the Gulf it is flatter than Dallas! All the lakes in Texas are man-made except one. Dallas has trees have you ever heard of the Great trinity forest? What are you talking about Dallas never had Cowboys, except for the football team. It is ok you wish Houston was on Dallas' level, but it will never happen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas