Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Have you ever been to Houston????
I used to live there..I went to T.S.U.......I still go quite often..why do u ask?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I used to live there..I went to T.S.U.......I still go quite often..why do u ask?
Than you would know Houston is much more lush than Dallas. Dallas offers nothing like Memorial Park.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM

882 posts, read 2,245,825 times

From Wikipedia

Midtown and Uptown Sunset on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/75619307@N00/526342384 - broken link)

corgi photos: texas medical center pictures

Thermal Therapy for Cancer: Directions to Clinic

Houston Medical Center Buildings on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/trasksmith/4276444741/ - broken link)

flying high above a city on the rise on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/slightclutter/4200885929/ - broken link)
Everything in the foreground of this picture was built in the past decade.

Uptown+TMC+Downtown(Houston) is better than Dallas.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Than you would know Houston is much more lush than Dallas. Dallas offers nothing like Memorial Park.
...Trust me its not all its made out to be down there....Houston offers nothing like white rock,Mountaincreek,Cedar Crest or Turtle creek....all of those are very lush..and if those areas are NOT lush as houtons MP...then big deal...i doubt if the diffrence i that noticeable anyway....Its just fine up here.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
no...wait!!!!!....I think you are mistaking the billboards for trees down there....thats the only forrest i see when i drive into houston...
LOL. Now that's funny! It would be funnier if the billboards actually outnumbered the trees.

Quote:
...Trust me its not all its made out to be down there....Houston offers nothing like white rock,Mountaincreek,Cedar Crest or Turtle creek....all of those are very lush..and if those areas are NOT lush as houtons MP...then big deal...i doubt if the diffrence i that noticeable anyway....Its just fine up here.
Are you kidding me? Mountaincreek isn't even in the city of Dallas, just like The Woodlands isn't in Houston buy TW offers some small rolling hills. Turtle Creek is just outside Uptown Dallas, big deal Dallas has no TMC, it has no Eleanor Teasley park or Buffalo Bayou walk.

And Whiterock lake=Lake Houston. And to top it off Houston has Galveston Bay, Gulf of Mexico in its backyard. PLEASE don't try to compare Whiterock to anything in Houston. You're going to get hurt

Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2h (comingtohouston) View Post
lol. Now that's funny! It would be funnier if the billboards actually outnumbered the trees.
pow!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
LOL. Now that's funny! It would be funnier if the billboards actually outnumbered the trees.

Are you kidding me? Mountaincreek isn't even in the city of Dallas, just like The Woodlands isn't in Houston buy TW offers some small rolling hills. Turtle Creek is just outside Uptown Dallas, big deal Dallas has no TMC, it has no Eleanor Teasley park or Buffalo Bayou walk.

And Whiterock lake=Lake Houston. And to top it off Houston has Galveston Bay, Gulf of Mexico in its backyard. PLEASE don't try to compare Whiterock to anything in Houston. You're going to get hurt
Most Hostonians have never even heard of lake houston....let alone even been there....Trust me it's not White rock.....Turtle creek is simply Beautiful...which is connected to Riverchon park and Lee Park. Now if you argue that that those are not lush then it is too obvious that u are just Hating...Yall need to visit Dallas forreal and quit acting like yall know everyhing there is to know and see. I bet none of yall have even been to any of these places i named but you will be so quick to discredit them as being inferior and not lush....

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Most Hostonians have never even heard of lake houston....let alone even been there....Trust me it's not White rock.....Turtle creek is simply Beautiful...which is connected to Riverchon park and Lee Park. Now if you argue that that those are not lush then it is too obvious that u are just Hating...Yall need to visit Dallas forreal and quit acting like yall know everyhing there is to know and see. I bet none of yall have even been to any of these places i named but you will be so quick to discredit them as being inferior and not lush....
are you sure you've been to houston?

yes turtle creek and white rock lake are very nice places, but there is absolutely NO place in dfw that is as nearly green as places in houston like memorial park, the woodlands, kingwood, atascocita

somebody please post some pictures so this man can see

Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
are you sure you've been to houston?

yes turtle creek and white rock lake are very nice places, but there is absolutely NO place in dfw that is as nearly green as places in houston like memorial park, the woodlands, kingwood, atascocita

somebody please post some pictures so this man can see
I USED TO LIVE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

Old 04-27-2010, 01:24 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Billboards are not the only road hazard on Houston highways -- they seem to be paved with some material which shreds tires. You will see them all over the place. I used to see a lot of mattresses and drill pipe so I suppose this is an improvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas