Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,735,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Its a smack down thread my friend. You call it hating, I call it jonin'.

And lets not act like it doesn't come from both sides. You and all your other Dallasite friends on here do nothing but hate on Houston. Even your officials hate on Houston when an Olympic committee wants to scope it out Houston because Dallas gets eliminated.
I don't hate on Houston, I just hate when people from Houston bash Dallas ( yes we bash Houston too) We shouldn't bash each other we are in the same state.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
No they are cable stayed bridges, a suspention bridge has two towers with two massive cables on each end with smaller cables coming down from the massive cables to the road.
Nope.

Dallas on track with 1st Trinity River suspension bridge - Related Stories - AGC SmartBrief

TxDOT Reshapes Travel Over Dallas’s Trinity River | Story ID: 12922 | Construction Equipment Guide Story

Dallas considers options for 2nd Calatrava bridge | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

And many more articles to choose from. They are called "cable-stayed suspension bridges".

Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,075,936 times
SMACKDOWN!

Dallas is 4th fattest city in US, Houston is only 9th! Take that!

The Fattest Cities - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss (http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100257787&gt1=31036 - broken link)

Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,948,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
SMACKDOWN!

Dallas is 4th fattest city in US, Houston is only 9th! Take that!

The Fattest Cities - MSN Health & Fitness - Weight Loss (http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100257787&gt1=31036 - broken link)
Uhh Houston we have a problem...

Being 9th is nothing to be proud of.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,608,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Uhh Houston we have a problem...

Being 9th is nothing to be proud of.
By that list, Austin and Fort Worth are the fittest cities in Texas.

Dallas might not have done well, but Fort Worth sure did.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
By that list, Austin and Fort Worth are the fittest cities in Texas.

Dallas might not have done well, but Fort Worth sure did.
Houston and Dallas really should look into learning from their younger Texas siblings.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,602 times
I have to admit one thing to everyone is that no other city in Texas can stand ground or overtake Dallas because Dallas is the leader of the pack. It has the best amenities such as an expansive light/commuter rail system, a ton of mixed used developments, vibrant entertainment, 7 Elevens, Taco Bueno, Braums, Grandy's ,great weather, and everything that anyone could imagine.The reason I despise Houston so much is because it reminds me of a gigantic version of Silsbee/Beaumont , which is where I'm from being too country ,boring and depressing.Another reason I put Houston on my hate list is because the city refuses to add more miles of rail line and it is ruled by the automobile society and it doesn't have transit orient developments like Dallas has. Even Austin is getting its act together with the large number of high rise developments and light rail system.It's no wonder that Houston is the most hated city in america.It's stuck in the 70s where you have to ride for dozens of miles in the hot , blistering and humid heat just to get somewhere.Another thing I don't like about Houston is that it lacks of an entertainment district. I would also say that Atlanta is even better than Houston when it comes to public transportation , beautiful night time skyline , education , and excellent nightlife. Houston doesn't even have no amusement park and no good radio stations either. To me ,Houston is nothing but a big old raggedy , nasty , tore up, boring, car driven, country bumkin, sorry , and lame city that doesn't appeal to no one.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub2b View Post
I have to admit one thing to everyone is that no other city in Texas can stand ground or overtake Dallas because Dallas is the leader of the pack. It has the best amenities such as an expansive light/commuter rail system, a ton of mixed used developments, vibrant entertainment, 7 Elevens, Taco Bueno, Braums, Grandy's ,great weather, and everything that anyone could imagine.The reason I despise Houston so much is because it reminds me of a gigantic version of Silsbee/Beaumont , which is where I'm from being too country ,boring and depressing.Another reason I put Houston on my hate list is because the city refuses to add more miles of rail line and it is ruled by the automobile society and it doesn't have transit orient developments like Dallas has. Even Austin is getting its act together with the large number of high rise developments and light rail system.It's no wonder that Houston is the most hated city in america.It's stuck in the 70s where you have to ride for dozens of miles in the hot , blistering and humid heat just to get somewhere.Another thing I don't like about Houston is that it lacks of an entertainment district. I would also say that Atlanta is even better than Houston when it comes to public transportation , beautiful night time skyline , education , and excellent nightlife. Houston doesn't even have no amusement park and no good radio stations either. To me ,Houston is nothing but a big old raggedy , nasty , tore up, boring, car driven, country bumkin, sorry , and lame city that doesn't appeal to no one.
They just approved to add 4 more lines to the current 1 that exists right now. Total will have 64 miles of rail service, currently it's 8.

Houston has the second largest theater district in the country after NYC on seating, and has over 9 performed acts for it. It's in the top 5.

Education- Rice University is 17th overall college in America.

It's building a theme park called Earth Quest Adventures.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Houston and Dallas really should look into learning from their younger Texas siblings.
Houston is obviously doing something right if it keeps going down in rankings...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,061,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Houston is obviously doing something right if it keeps going down in rankings...
I feel the only reason why Houston ranks so high is because of its size. It has annexed lots of land and is physically large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas