U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-08-2010, 10:41 AM

10,185 posts, read 3,916,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
It all comes down to preference. While I like Houston better, the cities are not drastically different. Houston's about to get even better with all the new stuff that's planned. Earthquest Adventures
That's just one of many things planned that are about to get a jump start, yeah!

I know Dallas is preoccupied with it's Trinity River Project, so alls well ends well.

And they are essentially the same city, I just like Kemah, so that's what influences my decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-08-2010, 11:37 AM

15,753 posts, read 17,565,774 times
Quote:
It all comes down to preference. While I like Houston better, the cities are not drastically different. Houston's about to get even better with all the new stuff that's planned. Earthquest Adventures
I agree; they aren't drastically difference as far as architecture and layout, but the atmosphere, people, and culture is relatively different. Dallas is more of traditional Texas whereas Houston is a cross between Texas and the gulf coast influence.

Unread 08-08-2010, 01:40 PM

11,717 posts, read 11,444,862 times
Quote:
Which will be like a mini Jurassic Park.

Unread 08-17-2010, 12:42 PM

18,521 posts, read 13,794,042 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is crazy to claim they are drastically different. The differences are too insignificant. And they need to hurry that Earthquest thing up sheesh

Unread 08-17-2010, 01:44 PM

3,026 posts, read 4,324,486 times
Having spent more time in both cities than I would like to admit, I can honestly say, BOTH CITIES SUCK Moderator cut: one word, see comment!!!

Last edited by Bo; 08-20-2010 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: The one word takes the sentence beyond PG-13. This is a PG-13 message board.

Unread 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM

341 posts, read 355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Having spent more time in both cities than I would like to admit, I can honestly say, BOTH CITIES SUCK Moderator cut: see comment!!!
Houston does not suck Moderator cut: orphaned, the only problem with houston is our public transit and by 2014 that problem will be solved, we get a little better nightlife and there will be very little wrong with houston other than the weather which is only bad 4 months of the year

Last edited by Bo; 08-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: updated quote to match original and removed orphaned word to align comment with quote.

Unread 08-19-2010, 11:26 AM

15,829 posts, read 23,521,738 times
Oh come on TXTwizter, we miss you in Dallas!

Unread 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 612 times
Default Potential Move to Houston in 2011

I've been to Houston twice and absolutely loved it! Granted, I haven't been everywhere, but Humble, Tomball and The Woodlands looks promising.

I live in Pittsburgh and trust me, you all don't know cold, frigid weather with no sun, 27+ inches of snow, wind chill making it feel like 20 below zero!

Yes, we have road salt, cinders and plows, which is great during the day. However, when night arrives and temperatures plunge, all the melted snow/ice refreezes and we have black ice! No fun driving at 5 am to work worry about if you are driving on an icy pavement or just wet roadwayl

Looking for job at either major banks in Houston. Would like to live near the I-45 North area (north of IAH). Not crazy about the humidity but I survived 4 days in May 2010 when the temps were 97 degrees! We only get that humid in July/August!

I found everyone so friendly. Everyone says Pittsburgh is friendly; I don't think so! If you can drive here, you can drive anywhere. That's true ... no problems getting around Houston. Maybe I passed my destination a time or two, but I wasn't totally lost or panicked; helped to have my portable GPS unit with me.

Houston is clean, roads are in superb shape! No potholes and plenty of room to move on the roadways. People don't ride your butt and blow the horn or shoot you the bird! Yes, all cities have their problems and bad
people; no place is perfect. Here's to a successful relocation and being happier in Houston than I ever was here.

Unread 09-21-2010, 10:25 PM

4,919 posts, read 2,032,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Marie Stepnick View Post
Houston is clean, roads are in superb shape! No potholes and plenty of room to move on the roadways. People don't ride your butt and blow the horn or shoot you the bird! Yes, all cities have their problems and bad
people; no place is perfect. Here's to a successful relocation and being happier in Houston than I ever was here.
You sure you visited Houston? I've never once heard "superb" and "roads" in the sentence... unless it was "The Alley Theater play was superb, but the roads totally %$(^$* my suspension and alignment trying to get there."

Unread 09-21-2010, 10:25 PM

2,415 posts, read 1,804,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Marie Stepnick View Post

Houston is clean, roads are in superb shape! No potholes and plenty of
You lost me here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas