Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,808,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Ever driven on Houston and Dallas freeways? I'd say by that, Houston definitely feels faster. Even just driving through both metro areas. The Fort Worth side especially feels a lot slower, in my opinion.
pretty much. i've never seen anything as fast paced in the south as the katy freeway

the only part of houston that really feels slow is the northside where all the pine forests get real thick and you feel like you're directly in the southeast

Old 11-05-2010, 07:57 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,395,615 times
Default Houston and Dallas are the same

Neither has the Glitz and Glamor of Hollywood or Park Avenue. neither has the rich history of Boston or Philadelphia. Neither has the great outdoors like Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, Denver, Los Angeles etc with mountains, Crystal clear roaring rivers Ski resorts etc. neither has immense Cityscapes like Midtown Manhattan or the Chicago Loop. They are pretty much the same.

I have been to every attraction, place, building, event, store, restaurant, club, bar, venue etc. and have met a lot of people in both places. I have NEVER seen ANYTHING! that would make any difference at all or have any bearing at all on how happy someone would be living in either place. this is generally speaking if you have something specific then maybe one place is better for you but only sightly. Overall they are just about the same

Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 AM

286 posts, read 404,050 times
The people from Houston on here are funny. You guys have a serious Dallas complex. I don't see people from Dallas trying to make Dallas out to be something it's not. Face the facts, Dallas is a better city than Houston. And what is this "international" crap you guys speak of? The first time I seen police wearing cowboy hats was in Houston. Yeah, that's "international" for you.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:03 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,608,391 times
Both cities have a complex.

Dallas does because Houston is bigger.

Houston does because Dallas gets a lot more attention (if I have to hear one more Houstonian whine because Dallas is on the national weather maps and Houston isnt more times than not, Ill heave).

Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,808,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Neither has the Glitz and Glamor of Hollywood or Park Avenue. neither has the rich history of Boston or Philadelphia. Neither has the great outdoors like Seattle, San Francisco, Portland, Denver, Los Angeles etc with mountains, Crystal clear roaring rivers Ski resorts etc. neither has immense Cityscapes like Midtown Manhattan or the Chicago Loop. They are pretty much the same.

I have been to every attraction, place, building, event, store, restaurant, club, bar, venue etc. and have met a lot of people in both places. I have NEVER seen ANYTHING! that would make any difference at all or have any bearing at all on how happy someone would be living in either place. this is generally speaking if you have something specific then maybe one place is better for you but only sightly. Overall they are just about the same
and yet, houstonians and dallasites alike have just as much if not more character than the people from either of those cities do. that's what really counts. the people

and of course it's all about the individual. personally i would gladly choose to live in houston or dallas before i would ever consider san francisco, seattle, portland, denver, los angeles, etc

Old 11-05-2010, 10:53 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,243,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
The people from Houston on here are funny. You guys have a serious Dallas complex. I don't see people from Dallas trying to make Dallas out to be something it's not. Face the facts, Dallas is a better city than Houston. And what is this "international" crap you guys speak of? The first time I seen police wearing cowboy hats was in Houston. Yeah, that's "international" for you.
The fact that you have to keep saying the same thing over and over is what's funny! You really think Houston has an inferiority complex? You make me laugh so hard i almost made me give myself a brain annurism. I don't see Houston doing anything that Dallas is doing. Although there are some things about Dallas i would like to see Houston do, but Houston's definiitely not in the business of building Hollywood stage bridges over grainage ditches just to look like it's boston, NYC, or Philadelphia.

If you ask me, Dallas cries so much for attention, it's the one with the inferiority complex to all the northeastern cities. But, justaskme was right, i think both cities have a complex over eachother though in TX

Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,019,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
personally i would gladly choose to live in houston or dallas before i would ever consider san francisco, seattle, portland, denver, los angeles, etc

At least most Dallasites and Houstonians are open and friendly - folks from these towns can be very cold - especially when they find out you are from Dallas or Houston.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,011,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
At least most Dallasites and Houstonians are open and friendly - folks from these towns can be very cold - especially when they find out you are from Dallas or Houston.
Exactly. Many of them will snub you if they find out you're from Texas. Unless you say you're from Austin, in which case you instantly become somehow tolerable (based on myths and makes absolutely no sense).

As far as Houston vs Dallas.... dumb argument. These days, the two cities are too similar, basically like sibling cities.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:09 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,867,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
State Troopers wear cowboy hats, not local PD.

You're too funny.

Go back to the first page & you'll see that an Austinite started this thread & a Dallasite was the first one to be all over it like white on rice.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:14 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Exactly. Many of them will snub you if they find out you're from Texas. Unless you say you're from Austin, in which case you instantly become somehow tolerable (based on myths and makes absolutely no sense).

As far as Houston vs Dallas.... dumb argument. These days, the two cities are too similar, basically like sibling cities.
I can only speak for Los Angeles here, but I have never been "snubbed" after saying I was from Texas. Most thought it was cool and it was a good conversation starter. They learned that we don't drive horses to school and do have freeways as big as the ones in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas