Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,857,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I've never been to Waco.
Don't worry you're not missing much except for maybe the older architecture around Baylor & Dr. Pepper Museum.

Other than that its just a midway stop on I-35 between Dallas & Austin.

Some spots around Waco are absolutely beautiful, most of it is not. Just a town of 100,000+ built over more treeless prairie.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:03 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Don't worry you're not missing much except for maybe the older architecture around Baylor & Dr. Pepper Museum.

Some spots around Waco are absolutely beautiful, most of it is not. Just a town of 100,000+ built over more treeless prairie.
I don't recall me or Dallaz asking for your opinion. I apologize if I somehow made you think I cared.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 AM

6,620 posts, read 9,834,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

I really wanna go to Waco. Now you make it sound boring and uninteresting. Now I don't wanna go.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,857,943 times
Quote:
I really wanna go to Waco. Now you make it sound boring and uninteresting. Now I don't wanna go.
Go once & see how you like it for sure. Don't let me stop you.

I wonder if they still have that circle diner there that was always kinda cool.

Just not my type of town even though I have family from there.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,870,878 times
Quote:
When the Eiffel Tower was built, they thought it looked horrible and they thought it was out of place. Look at it now........
You trying to compare the bridge to the Eiffel Tower, which still looks out of place? I'm just saying, we live in the middle of the prairie. A huge bridge like that looks out of place, IMO, even if it is nicely designed.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:32 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times
Quote:
I'll put it like that; Metro thinks of Waco the way he thinks of Dallas. His opinions are exaggerated and invalid. It's pretty much what you would expect for a town its size. Better than Tyler though.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
You trying to compare the bridge to the Eiffel Tower, which still looks out of place? I'm just saying, we live in the middle of the prairie. A huge bridge like that looks out of place, IMO, even if it is nicely designed.
Who cares. I wonder did people say that when the first skyscraper was built in Dallas. I had to learn that the people will never be satified, they will alway find something to complain about. It could be the smallest thing.......ummmmmm like the size of a river. These conversations never get anywhere.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Who cares. I wonder did people say that when the first skyscraper was built in Dallas. I had to learn that the people will never be satified, they will alway find something to complain about. It could be the smallest thing.......ummmmmm like the size of a river. These conversations never get anywhere.
We're talking about a bridge here, not a skyscraper. Building a building on the prairie isn't the same as building a bridge across the prairie (that doesn't go over any significant water mass, or connect to anything really). Don't get mad just because I feel it looks out of place, even if its nice. Should I be singing its praises instead? I already said its nicely designed, especially in person. What more do you want? I'm done.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
We're talking about a bridge here, not a skyscraper. Building a building on the prairie isn't the same as building a bridge across the prairie (that doesn't go over any significant water mass, or connect to anything really). Don't get mad just because I feel it looks out of place, even if its nice. Should I be singing its praises instead? I already said its nicely designed, especially in person. What more do you want? I'm done.
There's no difference. It connects with singleton blvd.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
There's no difference. It connects with singleton blvd.
There is a difference. You're comparing a skyscraper with a bridge. I see the analogy you're trying to reach for, but it isn't the same thing. You can build more buildings as the city grows and develops. You can try to create a waterfront in the middle of the prairie. And there is nothing over on Singleton (unless you want to list some things). Seriously, how many years will it be before this bridge is even widely used for traffic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas