Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,795,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Says the guy from East Fort Worth. Talk about dirty.
Yes I am from the East Side between loop 820 and I 30 (Eastchase area). My mother has a beautiful two story home. Don't hate because the majority of Houston look rough. Would you like to compare lets say the Stop Six/ East Wood area to the TSU area. Lets keep it real Houston would never win a beauty contest against any Texas big city.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 PM

770 posts, read 1,789,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Yes I am from the East Side between loop 820 and I 30 (Eastchase area). My mother has a beautiful two story home. Don't hate because the majority of Houston look rough. Would you like to compare lets say the Stop Six/ East Wood area to the TSU area. Lets keep it real Houston would never win a beauty contest againstany Texas big city.
Most of Houston doesn't actually look like a dump.. However, most of San Antonio does. However, from what I have heard from my friends here in DFW who are native Texans, Houston does hold a "Blue Collar" image, but in actuality, there is just as much wealth in Houston as in DFW. I like both areas alot, so I can't hate on either one.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:25 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Yes I am from the East Side between loop 820 and I 30 (Eastchase area). My mother has a beautiful two story home. Don't hate because the majority of Houston look rough. Would you like to compare lets say the Stop Six/ East Wood area to the TSU area. Lets keep it real Houston would never win a beauty contest against any Texas big city.
We can. There are plenty of nice areas near TSU (and not talking about the other side of 288 either). Houston has plenty of nice areas. People think all of Houston looks like the North Freeway. Get off the freeways and explore next time you're in town.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:29 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,523,402 times
Quote:

East Fort Worth is my favorite Fort Worth. There is some underappreciated natural terrain on the eastside. My buddies and I used to go four-wheeling around the trinity river everywhere from 820/Trinity Blvd to 360. Some neighborhoods are a little more rundown, but everything from Beach St. to the River Trails is really pretty, IMO. Seems like the foliage gets thicker the further east you go, too.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Most of Houston doesn't actually look like a dump.. However, most of San Antonio does. However, from what I have heard from my friends here in DFW who are native Texans, Houston does hold a "Blue Collar" image, but in actuality, there is just as much wealth in Houston as in DFW. I like both areas alot, so I can't hate on either one.
Every city has rough areas...Houston just has more. (I can't speak for San Antonio never ventured through the city. Fort Worth the southside is very rough looking and I avoid the area because its depressing to look at (would fear for my life at night time). I never said the city of Houston is poor. Its a very wealthy city with tons of millionaires. It still doesn't change the fact its rough looking IMO.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 PM

717 posts, read 892,983 times
Quote:
Dallas isn't too far from the mountains in Southeast Oklahoma, as well as Arkansas. Houston isn't too far away from the Texas Hill Country. Miami just has nice beaches, IMO, but to each his own.
Yes, I'm aware of the Interior Highlands of OK and AR. They really can't compare to the Blue Ridge and Smoky mts tho.

"Just has nice beaches" is an interesting take on the vibrancy of Miami.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
We can. There are plenty of nice areas near TSU (and not talking about the other side of 288 either). Houston has plenty of nice areas. People think all of Houston looks like the North Freeway. Get off the freeways and explore next time you're in town.
I will do that...Im not picking on H-Town...Its a cute town...Yall know I love H-town.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 PM

717 posts, read 892,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
The nicest areas of Houston look more attractive than the nicest areas of DFW. Let's just put it like that.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:02 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
East Fort Worth is my favorite Fort Worth. There is some underappreciated natural terrain on the eastside. My buddies and I used to go four-wheeling around the trinity river everywhere from 820/Trinity Blvd to 360. Some neighborhoods are a little more rundown, but everything from Beach St. to the River Trails is really pretty, IMO. Seems like the foliage gets thicker the further east you go, too.
Yeah, the Fort Worth side is probably the hilliest side of DFW. Especially western and SW Fort Worth. I like that about it.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 AM

770 posts, read 1,789,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
The nicest areas of Houston look more attractive than the nicest areas of DFW. Let's just put it like that.
Oh I definitely agree with you. I have seen some of those nice areas that are shaded within the Piney Woods areas of Houston and they are very nice indeed! Also saw some very nice areas in the Coastal Prarie areas of Houston as well.

I can also see why some people claim that a lot of Houston is rough looking, because it is such a large city, the "older areas" are larger than the older areas of say Dallas, Austin, or SA. I believe that Houston covers something like 580 square miles, which is almost twice the size of Dallas! I will say though, overall, most of Houston is pretty decent. For a city as big as it is and having over 2 million residents, I think that it is doing pretty good for itself. Also, I think because of the natural environment in and around the city, it helps make those nice neighborhoods even more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas