Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,859,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Did he say anything that wasn't true? BTW, most of DFW sports reside in Dallas County. The Dallas Cowboys play in Tarrant County. That's about it. Their offices and more are still in Dallas County. Dallas has the better infrastructure right now compared to Fort Worth. They need rail badly but their leaders shot it down.
Dallas Cowboys - Tarrant County (Arlington)
Texas Rangers - Tarrant County (Arlington)
TCU - Tarrant County (Fort Worth)

Dallas Mavericks - Dallas County (Dallas)
Dallas Stars - Dallas County (Dallas)
SMU - Dallas County (Dallas)

FC Dallas - Collin County (Frisco)

Houston Texans - Harris County (Houston)
Houston Rockets - Harris County (Houston)
Houston Astros - Harris County (Houston)
Houston Dynamo - Harris County (Houston)
UH Cougars - Harris County (Houston)
Rice Owls - Harris County (Houston)

As you can see, the only thing Houston lacks compared to Dallas is a hockey team. Every team plays IN Houston & just a short distance from downtown. The same can't be said about Dallas where you've got teams 15-25 miles from the city.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:40 AM

6,620 posts, read 9,835,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post

As you can see, the only thing Houston lacks compared to Dallas is a hockey team. Every team plays IN Houston & just a short distance from downtown. The same can't be said about Dallas where you've got teams 15-25 miles from the city.
The Rangers isn't a Dallas team anyway. Dallas doesn't have a baseball team. The City of Arlington is what made the team move to North Texas. TCU is a university in Fort Worth so why would it be in Dallas??

Old 07-26-2011, 12:50 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,859,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
The Rangers isn't a Dallas team anyway. Dallas doesn't have a baseball team. The City of Arlington is what made the team move to North Texas. TCU is a university in Fort Worth so why would it be in Dallas??
Dallas had a soccer team. Why did they let them slip off to the suburbs?

I remember watching a Sidekicks game when I was just a kid. Tatu was an awesome player.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:55 AM

6,620 posts, read 9,835,764 times
Quote:
Dallas had a soccer team. Why did they let them slip off to the suburbs?
Because Lamar Hunt wanted to move them. I don't even like soccer so I wasn't even mad. LOL

Last edited by Dallaz; 07-26-2011 at 01:49 AM..

Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,605,908 times
Quote:

There's also the Dallas Vigilantes Arena football team

Official Home of the Dallas Vigilantes of the Arena Football League

Old 07-26-2011, 05:51 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,871,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Did he say anything that wasn't true? BTW, most of DFW sports reside in Dallas County. The Dallas Cowboys play in Tarrant County. That's about it. Their offices and more are still in Dallas County. Dallas has the better infrastructure right now compared to Fort Worth. They need rail badly but their leaders shot it down.
When was the last time you've been to FW? He said a lot of things that weren't true. The Dallas Zoo has improved, but the FW Zoo is still loads better. FW has a lot of old money (with new money coming in) in it and is home to a few billionaires. Dallaz said they have no sports teams, which isn't true. Still trying to find where it says "Dallas" on the Texas Rangers. He said "what live arts", and I don't think I need to go deeper on that. Yes, the majority of FW's growth is coming from far out suburban development, but it's not like FW's core isn't getting more urban. Fort Worth is like Houston, in that it'll get growth both ways, while Dallas only really has one way.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,328,535 times
Quote:

As you can see, the only thing Houston lacks compared to Dallas is a hockey team. Every team plays IN Houston & just a short distance from downtown. The same
can't be said about Dallas where you've got teams 15-25 miles from the city.
I don't know how many times I have to tell you this. The Dallas Cowboys only PLAY in tarrany county. Their operations from business to training to everything else is in Dallas County. It's like you want to ignore things to feed your own agenda.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,328,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
When was the last time you've been to FW? He said a lot of things that weren't true. The Dallas Zoo has improved, but the FW Zoo is still loads better. FW has a lot of old money (with new money coming in) in it and is home to a few billionaires. Dallaz said they have no sports teams, which isn't true. Still trying to find where it says "Dallas" on the Texas Rangers. He said "what live arts", and I don't think I need to go deeper on that. Yes, the majority of FW's growth is coming from far out suburban development, but it's not like FW's core isn't getting more urban. Fort Worth is like Houston, in that it'll get growth both ways, while Dallas only really has one way.
He never said the FW zoo was bad or not better. He said the Dallas zoo was improving nothing more after that. The thing with FW is that its core is tiny and their urban development is much smaller than Dallas urban development. Dallas right now has more potential to increase density due to establishing a rail network around the city compare to FW. The Texas Rangers play in Arlington,true. But they are there because of the proximity to Dallas and nothing more. Also I'm glad Dallas can grow one way. It will make for a mature dense and vibrant city in the future.

I guess to you fine people, New York doesnt have a football team. Miami only has one team since they only have one in the city though that will change to two next year. Boston doesn't have a football team. Detroit doesn't have a basketball team and so on and so on. People make a big deal about teams not playing in the city limits. So what. While I believe they need to. It's not Dallas fault that they don't. Well not entirely. But thete us no need to cry over spilled milk.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,781,060 times
OMG, you all done put on the brass knuckles, lol I was just messin with Dallaz

Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,291,579 times
Like it was mention in another post and hated on. Houston has a inland port one of the world busiest, Space center, The birthplace of texas, 4 rivers in its vicinity ( Trinity,San Jacinto, Brazos, San Bernard) The worlds largest concentration of Hosptials, 3 domes( 2 that open). I am a cowboys fan though. Houston area has the largest migration to a metro area in the country. I can go all day now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas