Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 09:43 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post

No, not every lake is fake. Every lake (but one) in Texas is fake though. The point of me saying that was that dv1033 never said that the future lake where the Trinity currently is is the only fake lake in Texas.

I've never seen you excited about a Houston project. You only complain about how ugly every skyscraper down in Houston is.

A billion dollars? Stop making stuff up. It's no where near a billion dollars.

I only say that to joke around with Htown. But I really hate Chase Tower though.

Don't hate on our river!

Last edited by Dallaz; 08-07-2011 at 10:00 PM..

Old 08-07-2011, 09:58 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:

No, not every lake is fake. Every lake (but one) in Texas is fake though. The point of me saying that was that dv1033 never said that the future lake where the Trinity currently is is the only fake lake in Texas.

I've never seen you excited about a Houston project. You only complain about how ugly every skyscraper down in Houston is.

A billion dollars? Stop making stuff up. It's no where near a billion dollars.
The Bayou Greenway master plan is a waste of money.... why would you waste tax payer money to clean up a giant sewer system. On top of that build parks over a smellly sewer....just gross

Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
The Bayou Greenway master plan is a waste of money.... why would you waste tax payer money to clean up a giant sewer system. On top of that build parks over a smellly sewer....just gross
HA HA HA HA HA! Kdogg, that's funny.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Because who wants to look at and smell a dirty sewer?? Would you??? I guess that's how ya'll rocking out there in East FW....

Also, much more than just beautification is happening around the bayous; it will also help alleviate flood issues within the city.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because who wants to look at and smell a dirty sewer?? Would you??? I guess that's how ya'll rocking out there in East FW....

Also, much more than just beautification is happening around the bayous; it will also help alleviate flood issues within the city.
When the giant sewer is clean...Lets hope another Allison doesn't dump a **** load of rain on Houston because than you guys will be right back at square one (nasty filthy bayou) .

Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
When the giant sewer is clean...Lets hope another Allison doesn't dump a **** load of rain on Houston because than you guys will be right back at square one (nasty filthy bayou) .
That would be very welcomed at this point lol

Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
That would be very welcomed at this point lol
You ain't never lied...

Old 08-07-2011, 10:35 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
In that case, it is exactly the same senario. The only difference is dallas has more piglets that eat more.
nope Dallas and FW share y'alls piglets. You have two mama pigs berthin' dem piglets up there. While Houston is on its own.Galveston is too old and dry to be birthin' any piglets The place can hardly keep itself together let alone spawn suburbs. Sorry but Galveston is only a burb nowadays.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:44 PM

We don't need to clean the water in the Trinity River. The poop filled water flows right into the Houston Area. That's were it belongs! HA HA HA H HA.......

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Yeah, some of Houston's piglets are starting to grow up a little bit,
what's with all the silly piglet talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I would say that Texas liberal laws of annexation hurts Dallas. I think if Texas cities were the same as they are in the majority of the nation, they wouldn't have the money to leech off of DFW. That's all the middle and mostly Northern suburbs are. Bunch of leeches that would be nothing if they were not close to Dallas. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, I've posted this before.
Houstonians: Dallas adds Fort Worth to make them feel bigger than they are as a metro area.
Dallasites: Houston annexed its suburbs to make them feel bigger than they are as a city proper.
Heck, even other cities are starting to say that.
Totally agree with the entire post, but esp the parts in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Leeches are smaller than pigs.
Don't in DFW. Y'all got some juiced up leeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Both are boondoggles, but Dallas might as well build giant peckers and stick them in the middle of a lake. Nothing screams like look at me, then fake bridges over fake lakes. Hell, Dallas could have used that money to improve it's urban infrastructure and finally took the leap ahead of Houston.
LMAO, that is funny. Anyway, whatever Dallas does is just for show, and will never cause the city to jump ahead of Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I know. I get excited about the projects I hear about going on in Houston. People should act the same when we get new projects.
lol, since when??? Boi you lyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I only say that to joke around with Htown. But I really hate Chase Tower though.

Don't hate on our river!
You hate Chase Tower because it finally and permanently kept the tallest title where it belongs, in Texas's real city- Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas