U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,535 posts, read 13,863,989 times
Reputation: 4873
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
It all boils down to Houston being about Quanity and Dallas being about Quality. Dallas doesn't have to have the same amount of people to compete with Houston.Dallas can definately hold its own against Houston. Example: Houston and Dallas both have aquariums downtown.Dallas' is a ZILLION times better. Houston has more stadiums downtown. Dallas' stadiums are spreaded out everywhere, but are a ZILLION times better than Houston's(worth the drive).Houston has a million more buildings in its downtown than Dallas does. Dallas buildings look a ZILLION times better. Houston is home to Foley's(now MACY'S) with stores in just about every mall in the U.S. Dallas is home to Neiman Marcus which has 32 stores in only the BEST malls in the U.S.

If Houston was walmart
Dallas would be Target
if Houston was honda
Dallas would be Acura
If houston was Toyota
Dallas would be Lexus

Houston= 1 gallon of taka vodka
Dallas = 1/2 gallon of Grey Goose

Houston= floor model 62" BIG screen tv.
Dallas=42" mountable plasma FLAT screen tv

Houston= j.crew
Dallas= lacoste'

Houston= beer
Dallas= Wine

I think this should clear things up.
Ridiculous

If I wanted to buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, or Rolls Royce I could buy one in Houston just as easily as in Dallas. Uptown Exotics in Houston you can even rent one for a night. Their head office is based in Houston with rentals available in Dallas, Austin, & San Antonio.

http://pomcltd.com/

http://www.risiferrari.com/

http://www.uptownexotics.com/index.php

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-17-2011 at 09:13 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
LOL, YOU WISH Dallas People. Houston trumps Dallas in quality and we have more of it too.

We have better museums and more of it.

someone mentioned aquariums, but decided to pick the small one to compare, they know Moody gardens trumps them all. Houston has multiple Aquariums so nice job picking the smaller one

Houston just does good better
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
4,691 posts, read 3,943,616 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
LOL, YOU WISH Dallas People. Houston trumps Dallas in quality and we have more of it too.

We have better museums and more of it.

someone mentioned aquariums, but decided to pick the small one to compare, they know Moody gardens trumps them all. Houston has multiple Aquariums so nice job picking the smaller one

Houston just does good better
Are you done now?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
 
2,640 posts, read 2,326,617 times
Reputation: 1755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Ridiculous

If I wanted to buy a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, or Rolls Royce I could buy one in Houston just as easily as in Dallas. Uptown Exotics in Houston you can even rent one for a night. Their head office is based in Houston with rentals available in Dallas, Austin, & San Antonio.

Post Oak Motor Cars, Ltd. - Bentley and Rolls-Royce Dealer

RIsi Ferrari

http://www.uptownexotics.com/index.php

now c'mon metro matt. I'm a houstonian but you gotta give dallasboi his props on that one. It was funny.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
4,691 posts, read 3,943,616 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
now c'mon metro matt. I'm a houstonian but you gotta give dallasboi his props on that one. It was funny.
It was hilarious!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Are you done now?
not hardly
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2011, 10:21 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
4,691 posts, read 3,943,616 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
not hardly
I know pookie bear.........HA HA HA HA JK
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
788 posts, read 1,753,544 times
Reputation: 595
Default This was already resolved once before

Houston--Atlanta--Dallas--Miami**"SMACKDOWN"**

This thread already resolved this same smack down. Houston won, even over Atlanta and Miami. Houston won and appears to be winning again here. I just spent days looking over every comment on this entire thread. I analyzed every argument for each city based on endless criteria and it appears to be getting clearer that Houston is winning this thread.

Dallas people have ignored countless questions and have failed to respond to a lot of concerns. Their only argument seems to be that the city is zoned and looks a little nicer in their opinion.

The City Of Dallas Is:...........
1. super boring at night,
2. has no beach anywhere near,
3. The landscape is covered with brown dead grass half the year. Dallas has a VERY PLAIN BORING landscape!!!!!!
4. Dallas tends to be racist and presumptuous,
5. it is too close to Oklahoma and too far from New Orleans.
6. It has less culture than Houston. I mean Houston has WAAAAAY! more cultural activities than Dallas.
7. It is far from anything fun.
8. It is too hot in the summer, And too cold in the winter but still only snows rarely
9. has high taxes.
10. If you want an affordable house you have to go far from the city.
11. Nothing is within walking distance, you have to drive everywhere to do anything.
12. There tends to be an elitist (snobby) attitude.
13. The freeways in Dallas are UGLY really UGLY.
14.Dallas is geographically unappealing - very little natural beauty.
15. Police corruption. Seems like once a week or so there's always someone in a law enforcement position that's been suspended, fired or is otherwise under investigation for some crime.
16.Lack of competitive college sports in the Metroplex, I mean who do they root for??
17. Traffic is a HORRIBLE Mess. The toll roads are way behind the growth. BAD PLANNING!!
18. The singles scene is very boring and dull unless you are a white church going christian. A warning to newcomers, Dallas has one of the WORST DEAD social scenes in the world. The people will say hello and smile but to find long term meaningful friends is difficult. Remember that people in Dallas are Presumptuous and snobby.
19. The only recreation area nearby is White Rock lake. Only 1 rec area? Houston is on the Gulf coast.....Imagine how many recreation areas are nearby..... A LOT!!
20. The roads are in terrible condition. Potholes everywhere.

I am sorry guys but I don't know what this argument is about. Dallas loses this one by a long shot. They need to be doing a Dallas-Oklahoma City smack down. Houston needs to be declared the winner and then close this thread so we can all get back to our normal lives.

Last edited by jd433; 09-18-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
4,691 posts, read 3,943,616 times
Reputation: 1354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Houston--Atlanta--Dallas--Miami**"SMACKDOWN"**

This thread already resolved this same smack down. Houston won, even over Atlanta and Miami. Houston won and appears to be winning again here. I just spent days looking over every comment on this entire thread. I analyzed every argument for each city based on endless criteria and it appears to be getting clearer that Houston is winning this thread.

Dallas people have ignored countless questions and have failed to respond to a lot of concerns. Their only argument seems to be that the city is zoned and looks a little nicer in their opinion.

The City Of Dallas Is:...........
1. super boring at night,
2. has no beach anywhere near,
3. The landscape is covered with brown dead grass half the year. Dallas has a VERY PLAIN BORING landscape!!!!!!
4. Dallas tends to be racist and presumptuous,
5. it is too close to Oklahoma and too far from New Orleans.
6. It has less culture than Houston. I mean Houston has WAAAAAY! more cultural activities than Dallas.
7. It is far from anything fun.
8. It is too hot in the summer, And too cold in the winter but still only snows rarely
9. has high taxes.
10. If you want an affordable house you have to go far from the city.
11. Nothing is within walking distance, you have to drive everywhere to do anything.
12. There tends to be an elitist (snobby) attitude.
13. The freeways in Dallas are UGLY really UGLY.
14.Dallas is geographically unappealing - very little natural beauty.
15. Police corruption. Seems like once a week or so there's always someone in a law enforcement position that's been suspended, fired or is otherwise under investigation for some crime.
16.Lack of competitive college sports in the Metroplex, I mean who do they root for??
17. Traffic is a HORRIBLE Mess. The toll roads are way behind the growth. BAD PLANNING!!
18. The singles scene is very boring and dull unless you are a white church going christian. A warning to newcomers, Dallas has one of the WORST DEAD social scenes in the world. The people will say hello and smile but to find long term meaningful friends is difficult. Remember that people in Dallas are Presumptuous and snobby.
19. The only recreation area nearby is White Rock lake. Only 1 rec area? Houston is on the Gulf coast.....Imagine how many recreation areas are nearby..... A LOT!!
20. The roads are in terrible condition. Potholes everywhere.

I am sorry guys but I don't know what this argument is about. Dallas loses this one by a long shot. They need to be doing a Dallas-Oklahoma City smack down. Houston needs to be declared the winner and then close this thread so we can all get back to our normal lives.
Are you a comedian?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,516 posts, read 16,492,210 times
Reputation: 7270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I know pookie bear.........HA HA HA HA JK
lol,don't call me that
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Houston--Atlanta--Dallas--Miami**"SMACKDOWN"**

This thread already resolved this same smack down. Houston won, even over Atlanta and Miami. Houston won and appears to be winning again here. I just spent days looking over every comment on this entire thread. I analyzed every argument for each city based on endless criteria and it appears to be getting clearer that Houston is winning this thread.

Dallas people have ignored countless questions and have failed to respond to a lot of concerns. Their only argument seems to be that the city is zoned and looks a little nicer in their opinion.

The City Of Dallas Is:...........
1. super boring at night,
2. has no beach anywhere near,
3. The landscape is covered with brown dead grass half the year. Dallas has a VERY PLAIN BORING landscape!!!!!!
4. Dallas tends to be racist and presumptuous,
5. it is too close to Oklahoma and too far from New Orleans.
6. It has less culture than Houston. I mean Houston has WAAAAAY! more cultural activities than Dallas.
7. It is far from anything fun.
8. It is too hot in the summer, And too cold in the winter but still only snows rarely
9. has high taxes.
10. If you want an affordable house you have to go far from the city.
11. Nothing is within walking distance, you have to drive everywhere to do anything.
12. There tends to be an elitist (snobby) attitude.
13. The freeways in Dallas are UGLY really UGLY.
14.Dallas is geographically unappealing - very little natural beauty.
15. Police corruption. Seems like once a week or so there's always someone in a law enforcement position that's been suspended, fired or is otherwise under investigation for some crime.
16.Lack of competitive college sports in the Metroplex, I mean who do they root for??
17. Traffic is a HORRIBLE Mess. The toll roads are way behind the growth. BAD PLANNING!!
18. The singles scene is very boring and dull unless you are a white church going christian. A warning to newcomers, Dallas has one of the WORST DEAD social scenes in the world. The people will say hello and smile but to find long term meaningful friends is difficult. Remember that people in Dallas are Presumptuous and snobby.
19. The only recreation area nearby is White Rock lake. Only 1 rec area? Houston is on the Gulf coast.....Imagine how many recreation areas are nearby..... A LOT!!
20. The roads are in terrible condition. Potholes everywhere.

I am sorry guys but I don't know what this argument is about. Dallas loses this one by a long shot. They need to be doing a Dallas-Oklahoma City smack down. Houston needs to be declared the winner and then close this thread so we can all get back to our normal lives.
lol, +1
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top