Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Dallas has plenty of beautiful areas, not denying that. Downtown, areas around downtown, and probably North Dallas really come to mind. But I'm not fooled, south Dallas, Oak Cliffe, Duncanville, and all those areas are indeed very large parts of the city and they look older and some parts are more rundown, complete opposite of what you see in the afformentioned areas. Same with Houston, its nice around Eleanor Tinsley, River Oaks, Rice, Uptown, and West Houston, but not so nice on the Eastside, parts of Southeast, and i could go on. My point is that outsiders of Houston often generalize Houston to be the uglier areas while they don't do the same with Dallas.
Duncanville is a suburb, not a neighborhood within the city of Dallas. It is not Oak Cliff or South Dallas and shares the characteristics of other mostly built-out, inner-ring suburbs in the area. I'm not trying to inject myself into this Dallas vs. Houston back-and-forth, but I just wanted to clear that up.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
I'm not trying to inject myself into this Dallas vs. Houston back-and-forth.
You know you love it and want a piece of the action

Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,271,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
Duncanville is a suburb, not a neighborhood within the city of Dallas. It is not Oak Cliff or South Dallas and shares the characteristics of other mostly built-out, inner-ring suburbs in the area. I'm not trying to inject myself into this Dallas vs. Houston back-and-forth, but I just wanted to clear that up.

Actually I found Duncanville a pretty decent area. It's not flashy or anything but isn't bad. I am aware Duncanville is more of a suburb but i guess i was talking about the general around of South Dallas. I didn't even mention east Dallas.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)

Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,165 times
Default Guys keep Dallas on the defense. oh wait.... their defense sucks.... typical of Dallas.

Dallas is just a bunch of dead dried up boring grassy hills. Most of the country dislikes Dallas. It rarely does well in popularity polls. Never does it beat Houston in the cd popularity polls. Dallas is losing the argument in this threaD and losing vs Houston period. Houston even grew more in population last decade which I know that had to hurt Dallas pride. I dare you to put a poll on the general forum Houston vs Dallas. Oh Houston would l
Kick Dallas tails badly go on I dare you.. Don't let anyone in Texas vote. It would be game over. Oh yes keep going on and on about your double Decker wal marts. I really don't think anyone is impressed what do you see from the second floor? A bunch of brown dead grass for miles. Are there any buffalo grazing out there?

Last edited by jd433; 09-20-2011 at 11:08 AM..

Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 AM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,765 times
Quote:
Actually I found Duncanville a pretty decent area. It's not flashy or anything but isn't bad. I am aware Duncanville is more of a suburb but i guess i was talking about the general around of South Dallas. I didn't even mention east Dallas.

Understood. The southern suburbs are sometimes grouped together with neighborhoods within the Dallas city limits as if they aren't separate entities. I've run into this several times and since we have very few regular posters from our communities on this forum, I make it a point to clarify the distinctions between the two.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Oh yes keep going on and on about your double Decker wal marts.
I really wouldn't mind if they double deckered some stores here in Houston. Gives it kind of that funky urban feel.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
My point is that outsiders of Houston often generalize Houston to be the uglier areas while they don't do the same with Dallas.
I personally wouldn't call Houston ugly. Just not very exciting to look at. Kind of blah. Which is why I look forward to Houston building up and beautifying its core.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I personally wouldn't call Houston ugly. Just not very exciting to look at. Kind of blah. Which is why I look forward to Houston building up and beautifying its core.
Well, it's about as exciting as Dallas. Just minus the glitz and flash of their nighttime skyline and the new suspension bridges to nowhere. lol

Old 09-20-2011, 04:10 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,367 times
Quote:
Well, it's about as exciting as Dallas. Just minus the glitz and flash of their nighttime skyline and the new suspension bridges to nowhere. lol
Hey now, let's not get brash with anti-Dallas rhetoric and false accusations.

It's a cable-stayed bridge, not a suspension bridge.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
I actually find Dallas to be more pleasing to the eye. Even you yourself said it's sleeker and more modern. Maybe you were just talking about the skyline, but I enjoy the overall smoother look of Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas