Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,243,003 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

It's a SMACKDOWN thread. If there's any place to do it, this is the place. So people ought to stop being pu$$ies about it. It's all Texas fun battling out the two Biggest cities/metros in TX.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,389,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Hey all,

It's a SMACKDOWN thread. If there's any place to do it, this is the place. So people ought to stop being pu$$ies about it. It's all Texas fun battling out the two Biggest cities/metros in TX.
In that case. ........Houston did a horrible job copying I-75 in Dallas. I believe 59 was supposed to be a similar design but it totally missed the mark.THERE ARE NO EXITS for the cheap looking bridge overpasses!!! The Lights never work and the light post for the freeway are hideous. The whole project just looks like a cheap knockoff replica that was thrown together as an after thought. I know one thing....whenever dallas gets done with all of its freeway projects,they will be alot better than Houston's. Might not be as wide(which is good),but definately designed better(as usual).

Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,877,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
No one is telling you to bash but I see you doing it.
That doesn't make any sense. You're the one complaining about the thread, but keep clicking on it. I'm not complaining about any bashing (and I'd like to see where I was bashing).

Old 09-22-2011, 09:38 AM

659 posts, read 1,370,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
In that case. ........Houston did a horrible job copying I-75 in Dallas. I believe 59 was supposed to be a similar design but it totally missed the mark.THERE ARE NO EXITS for the cheap looking bridge overpasses!!! The Lights never work and the light post for the freeway are hideous. The whole project just looks like a cheap knockoff replica that was thrown together as an after thought. I know one thing....whenever dallas gets done with all of its freeway projects,they will be alot better than Houston's. Might not be as wide(which is good),but definately designed better(as usual).
Copy I-75? That's funny. 59 is a major freeway-not a conduit from the plastic burbs to the fake downtown.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:47 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,258,900 times
Dallas is still much nicer, neat, and tidier than Houston.

....Just trying to help the Dallasites out.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,790,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Hey all,

lol, dunno what else they are wanting from a smackdown. Maybe a Mayweather V Ortiz love fest?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Dallas is still much nicer, neat, and tidier than Houston.

....Just trying to help the Dallasites out.
Nicer?? LOL, I told you don't drink the Cool Aid up there. It is made from Trinity water. Made you see all Psychedelic. lmao.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,258,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Nicer?? LOL, I told you don't drink the Cool Aid up there. It is made from Trinity water. Made you see all Psychedelic. lmao.
Yes, Dallas looks nicer. More organized and very sterile. Hillier.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,243,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
You think 59 is a replica of US 75? They look nothing alike except the fact they're both trenched freeways. US75 is beige colored, US 59 through Montrose is covered with Greenery and arches. Get your facts straight..

Katy Freeway is newer in design and looks clean, and also wider. Although not trenched, resembles US75 more in my opinion.

Quote:
Dallas is much smaller on scale, so it has less to work with. Again, lets not limit all of Dallas to downtown and areas around, and NCE corridor. Try visiting other parts of Houston and you'll see they have many beautiful areas, some even nicer than Dallas, that actually have trees and not those large bushes in Dallas.

stoneclaw/C2H

Last edited by stoneclaw; 09-22-2011 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well nice is subjective. If your tastes are sterile then I guess. But most people don't think Sterile is nice.

To me Houston has the nicer areas. It is more Green, It is more coastal, has really nicer Neighborhoods. Dallas has sterile.

If you think that is nice I guess you are still on that Trinity water Koolaide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas