Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,535,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
the point was not it being part of Houston, I only brought that up when you tried to make it sound far, the point was this is not the situation like Clarence was trying to make it, that is the FW situation. TW is an area that might have been part of the city of Houston while FW is a whole other city. It is a different situation to off shoot suburbs than to rely on another big city for growth.

Dunno how to make it simpler so if you don't get it now, by jove you might as well grab your balls and your stick and take off after those 18 holes.

PS, Houston has far better ones

LOL, that's what you don't get. IT IS FAR!!!!! IT IS 30 miles away from Houston's core!!!!!!!! That is JUST as far as Fort Worth. The fact that it's open to annexation doesn't make it closer. I'm beginning to think you live in The Woodlands by how much you defend it and want to use it as a crutch for Houston.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I'm not white.
like Michael Jackson or like Eminem??

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakold23 View Post
I kind of see what you are saying about the Woodlands. Sure, its different than Fort Worth, but its still just as far away as Frisco... imagine about how "important" the Dallas city limits would be if we had all that land. Honestly I think the massive land area is a negative for Houston.

and okay im gonna give this one up, its like arguing with a 2 year old. you dont play golf, you specifically said that! DFW has better golf.

but nice innuendo...makes me wonder if your old as fellow Dallasite Dallaz on here!
Well we are not discussing Frisco, we are talking about the two main cities in the region. When I make fun of y'all I use your reliance on FW not Frisco of other places. It is not like Frisco is a city of 700K people.

Anyway how far is risco From Dallas City Limits. TWL is only 5M away from Houston's City limits at its closest point. That is the limit for ETJ. Five miles in all directions from the city.

and no, Golf is better in Houston. You just have not played with Gramps

Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
LOL, that's what you don't get. IT IS FAR!!!!! IT IS 30 miles away from Houston's core!!!!!!!! That is JUST as far as Fort Worth. The fact that it's open to annexation doesn't make it closer. I'm beginning to think you live in The Woodlands by how much you defend it and want to use it as a crutch for Houston.
TW is 5 miles away from Houston. none of your from the core BS. Houston is odly shapped. Just because Clear Lake juts out far from the core doesn't make it any less a part of us.

No crutch here, that is your speciality. TW is no FW. When TW becomes a 2.5M peopled metro division we will talk. Until then it is silly to compare the TW which is not even a city yet to the 15th largest city in the country

Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Well we are not discussing Frisco, we are talking about the two main cities in the region. When I make fun of y'all I use your reliance on FW not Frisco of other places. It is not like Frisco is a city of 700K people.

Anyway how far is risco From Dallas City Limits. TWL is only 5M away from Houston's City limits at its closest point. That is the limit for ETJ. Five miles in all directions from the city.

and no, Golf is better in Houston. You just have not played with Gramps
Quote:
TW is 5 miles away from Houston. none of your from the core BS. Houston is odly shapped. Just because Clear Lake juts out far from the core doesn't make it any less a part of us.
No crutch here, that is your speciality. TW is no FW. When TW becomes a 2.5M peopled metro division we will talk. Until then it is silly to compare the TW which is not even a city yet to the 15th largest city in the country
You're completely missing the point. The Woodlands is 30 miles from Houston's core. If we're going from city border to city border, then I can run from Dallas to Fort Worth. It's only 8.5 miles.

If you live in Oak Cliff and want to go to the Stockyards, that is a shorter drive than going from Rice University to the Woodlands. Nobody cares about municipality lines. That doesn't effect your quality of life living in either city.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
You're completely missing the point. The Woodlands is 30 miles from Houston's core. If we're going from city border to city border, than I can run from Dallas to Fort Worth. It's only 8.5 miles.
you have no point. FW and TW are not comparable.

FW is its own city. Closest Houston has to compare to FW is Sugarland, and that is still tiny compared to FW. Sugarland is like what 90K.

FW is 700K.

major fail dude. Soooo weak.

And I highly doubt you can run that far if you play golf

Old 09-22-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
you have no point. FW and TW are not comparable.

FW is its own city. Closest Houston has to compare to FW is Sugarland, and that is still tiny compared to FW. Sugarland is like what 90K.

FW is 700K.

major fail dude. Soooo weak.

And I highly doubt you can run that far if you play golf

What's not comparable? You're using a closeby area that's technically NOT Houston to prop up Houston, we're using a closeby area that's technically not Dallas to prop up us. I mean, it's cute that you think Galveston and the Woodlands are part of Houston but they really aren't.

You need to make up your mind if we're comparing metro areas or city municipalities. You're making our heads spin.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Do Houston have a large lake surrounded by a park in the middle of the city..........NO!
Who needs lakes when you have the ocean at your back door?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Greetings from the 'barren prairie':
Nice illusion, but you can't fool me.

Waterways are typically surrounded by greenery anywhere you are in the World. Dallas has patches of greenery here & there, but the city, metro, & region as a whole is very sparse. What you guys call "trees" would be classified as overgrown bushes east of say Canton. Dallas looks like typical Middle America....you know, fly over country. There's a reason you guys have such a massive airport. Houston's airport while not as large, serves as the more international hub of air travel in Texas & is a gateway into America from all across the World.

If I wanted to fly within the mainland I'd probably leave from D/FW or Love. If I wanted to travel abroad I'd leave from Houston. Simple as that. I can get to either in just a a matter of minutes from Tyler Pounds Regional on American or Continental.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-22-2011 at 10:57 PM..

Old 09-23-2011, 03:00 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Nice illusion, but you can't fool me.

Waterways are typically surrounded by greenery anywhere you are in the World. Dallas has patches of greenery here & there, but the city, metro, & region as a whole is very sparse. What you guys call "trees" would be classified as overgrown bushes east of say Canton. Dallas looks like typical Middle America....you know, fly over country. There's a reason you guys have such a massive airport. Houston's airport while not as large, serves as the more international hub of air travel in Texas & is a gateway into America from all across the World.

If I wanted to fly within the mainland I'd probably leave from D/FW or Love. If I wanted to travel abroad I'd leave from Houston. Simple as that. I can get to either in just a a matter of minutes from Tyler Pounds Regional on American or Continental.
Oh quit lying matt. This is so dumb of you to say..or do. You try so hard....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas