Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2007, 03:57 PM

90 posts, read 360,817 times

Advertisements

I cant stand this anymore because it is just people from Houston loving Houston and people from Dallas loving Dallas,im tired of this and done reading it. If I think of anything good though i Might post here again but this post annoys me they are both good cities IN THEIR OWN WAY so im sorry im done w/ this. Also some people are lying about their cities to make them sound better

Old 08-11-2007, 04:45 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Just do what everyone else in Dallas does when they're tired of being online - go shopping.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:02 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,416,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas,texas View Post
I cant stand this anymore because it is just people from Houston loving Houston and people from Dallas loving Dallas,im tired of this and done reading it. If I think of anything good though i Might post here again but this post annoys me they are both good cities IN THEIR OWN WAY so im sorry im done w/ this. Also some people are lying about their cities to make them sound better
Haha, go on ahead man. This discussion is all good fun now. Don't take it too seriously (though it appears you already have).

Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
The Mavs were a fluke last season to me. I moved here in January when they were in their prime. The bandwagon got bigger and bigger as the season went on. Once they were eliminated, the fans left. I think the Rockets will do better than the Mavs this year, especially with their offseason additions (Steve Francis, Luis Scola, etc.).
That was not a fluke season last year. Since 2000, no team has won more games than them except the Spurs. They have won more than 50 games since 2000. They just had one of the better regular seasons last year but choked in the playoffs. No fluke whatsoever though as they have the potential to do so again with all the talent and offensive power they have. Not to mention, the coaching staff is better with the hiring of Mario Elie (toughness which the Mavs lacked and defense) and I believe the Mavs have Paul Westphal now (great offensive coach that will help Del and Avery.

While they did pick up Francis. He is on the decline. He is injury riddled and his numbers are going down each year. Dallas will be better than Houston and finish in the top 3 along with San Antonio and Phoenix once again this season because they have a better coach, a better coaching staff, and simply a downright better team. And they still have many years to go since the core of the team is still young and all of them are still in their 20s.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:51 PM

You can say all the stuff you want about Dallas having the most regular season games, but they haven't done squat in the playoffs. The Rockets haven't either, so I have no where to brag, but the Mavs didn't either. Stevie may be on the decline, but he is still good. Just look at our lineup:

James/Alston/Brooks
T-Mac/Francis/Head
Battier/Bonzi/Snyder
Scola/Hayes/Landry
Yao/Deke/Butler

Mavs can't beat that man. The Rockets can change the line-up to run up and down the court, or they can play half-court. ESPN and SI I believe named the Rockets the most improved team in the NBA. Our offseason additions should tell you why. The Mavs could have had a great team though. You did away with Jason Kidd for one.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
You can say all the stuff you want about Dallas having the most regular season games, but they haven't done squat in the playoffs. The Rockets haven't either, so I have no where to brag, but the Mavs didn't either. Stevie may be on the decline, but he is still good. Just look at our lineup:

James/Alston/Brooks
T-Mac/Francis/Head
Battier/Bonzi/Snyder
Scola/Hayes/Landry
Yao/Deke/Butler

Mavs can't beat that man. The Rockets can change the line-up to run up and down the court, or they can play half-court. ESPN and SI I believe named the Rockets the most improved team in the NBA. Our offseason additions should tell you why. The Mavs could have had a great team though. You did away with Jason Kidd for one.
Well Dallas did go to the finals in 2006 and they should have won that but Avery got to cute with the lineup in the 4th quarter of game 3 and it costed them the game and the series. If they finish that game, Dallas would have won the championship in 2006.

The Rockets have improved. I will not deny that. However they are 4th maybe 5th best in the west and will be that seed unless TMAC has his yearly back problems which will haunt him the rest of his career.

Au contraire. The Mavs can beat that lineup. Houston has the better SF and Center. Everything else favors the Mavs especially the bench. I will post the lineup in a second. Your guards are chuckers who rarely passes the ball. The rockets still have not addressed that position well. Francis is just there. He will give you some minutes, but he is not even half the player he once was. You do not have the speed or quickness to match Jason Terry or Devin Harris and it showed last year in Dallas dominating Houston in 2 games last year. Battier, great defensive player. But he always has subpar games against Dallas. Scola has to prove he can actually contribute in the NBA before anyone annoints him a player that will put the Rockets over the hump.

The Mavs are not done yet with making acuistions(sp) because they have too many players on the roster. They just signed Eddie Jones and may sign James Posey.

The Mavs lineup.
Harris/Terry/Barea
Terry/Stackhouse/Jones/Ager
Dirk/Fazekas/Bass
Howard/George/Reyshawn Terry
Dampier/Diop/DJ Mbenga

Again, this roster will change because we may have 20 on the roster and you can only have 15 so Dallas may make trades. But that lineup favors the Mavs on quickness, speed, and athleticism. Did I mention they will have a superior coaching staff.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Sit down son .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well Dallas did go to the finals in 2006 and they should have won that but Avery got to cute with the lineup in the 4th quarter of game 3 and it costed them the game and the series. If they finish that game, Dallas would have won the championship in 2006.
Yeah Dallas went to the Finals, but losing Game 3 should not have cost them the Finals (they got there on a lucky foul on Manu anyway). That is almost like saying that one fan who caught the foul ball in the Cubs vs. Marlins game. There were still two more games left in the NLCS Series. Same with the Mavs and game 3.

Quote:
The Rockets have improved. I will not deny that. However they are 4th maybe 5th best in the west and will be that seed unless TMAC has his yearly back problems which will haunt him the rest of his career.
I don't know. The Suns are getting older. I see the Rockets at a fourth or fifth seed, too, but don't be surprised if the Mavs and Rockets to switch places.

Quote:
Au contraire. The Mavs can beat that lineup. Houston has the better SF and Center. Everything else favors the Mavs especially the bench. I will post the lineup in a second. Your guards are chuckers who rarely passes the ball. The rockets still have not addressed that position well. Francis is just there. He will give you some minutes, but he is not even half the player he once was. You do not have the speed or quickness to match Jason Terry or Devin Harris and it showed last year in Dallas dominating Houston in 2 games last year. Battier, great defensive player. But he always has subpar games against Dallas. Scola has to prove he can actually contribute in the NBA before anyone annoints him a player that will put the Rockets over the hump.
No. Steve Francis is not half the man he was. He had one bad season last year and was injured just the year before. He wasn't even all that bad last year anyway. Coming of the bench, the guy is scary. T-Mac, Mike James, Scola, and even Francis can be therre for speed. They can match Jason "The Choke in the Playoffs" Terry, or Devin "I'm 12 years old" Harris. Defense wise, we have you beat there.

Quote:
The Mavs are not done yet with making acuistions(sp) because they have too many players on the roster. They just signed Eddie Jones and may sign James Posey.

The Mavs lineup.
Harris/Terry/Barea
Terry/Stackhouse/Jones/Ager
Dirk/Fazekas/Bass
Howard/George/Reyshawn Terry
Dampier/Diop/DJ Mbenga
It isn't like the Rockets are done making acquisitions either. With the way our GM Morey has been getting deals done, Jesus Christ may sign to the Houston Rockets.

Quote:
Again, this roster will change because we may have 20 on the roster and you can only have 15 so Dallas may make trades. But that lineup favors the Mavs on quickness, speed, and athleticism. Did I mention they will have a superior coaching staff.
Ric Adelman is no joke of a Coach either my friend. He can easily get it done.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 PM

609 posts, read 2,921,492 times
Quote:
The Mavs were a fluke last season to me. I moved here in January when they were in their prime. The bandwagon got bigger and bigger as the season went on. Once they were eliminated, the fans left. I think the Rockets will do better than the Mavs this year, especially with their offseason additions (Steve Francis, Luis Scola, etc.).
Let me remind the forum that this same Mavericks team was the WEstern Conference champions the year before when they played the Miami Heat in the finals. This past year they had the best record in the NBA. That's two great seasons. So do not believe we can call them a fluke...we can call them "chokers"...but far from fluke.
THey just happened to draw Golden St., their achilles heel. Too bad. What can you do.

They need a point guard if they're going to go deep into the season next year.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Your right, they are the NBA Chokers for two seasons in a row.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Sit down son .
After you

Quote:
Yeah Dallas went to the Finals, but losing Game 3 should not have cost them the Finals (they got there on a lucky foul on Manu anyway). That is almost like saying that one fan who caught the foul ball in the Cubs vs. Marlins game. There were still two more games left in the NLCS Series. Same with the Mavs and game 3

Luck is part of the reason on winning championships. Luck is what happens when preperation meets opportunity. I know you seen that quote before. The Mavs choked game 3. No doubt. And they had some horrible calls go against htem in game 5. But the momentum of the series swung to the Heat because of game 3. Dallas was up 13 with 6 minutes to go but Avery kept Van Horn on the court tryin to bait Riley into another lineup and he didn't budge. Thus, they came back and won the game. The Mavs hardly recovered from it.

Quote:
I don't know. The Suns are getting older. I see the Rockets at a fourth or fifth seed, too, but don't be surprised if the Mavs and Rockets to switch places.
But the Suns are still talented. I hate the Suns but they still are a team the Rockets do not match up well with at all. They kill the Rockets everytime they play them. I won't be surprised to see the Mavs and Rockets switch because it's not going to happen. The Mavs are a better team.

Quote:
No. Steve Francis is not half the man he was. He had one bad season last year and was injured just the year before. He wasn't even all that bad last year anyway. Coming of the bench, the guy is scary. T-Mac, Mike James, Scola, and even Francis can be therre for speed. They can match Jason "The Choke in the Playoffs" Terry, or Devin "I'm 12 years old" Harris. Defense wise, we have you beat there.
Meaning, he's half the player he was before he went to Orlando. He is not as quick anymore, he is not as aggressive anymore, he is not as young anymore, he's becoming very fragile, and of course, he is a headcase in the lockerroom and a turnover machine. Neither TMAC, James and Francis can match Terry and Harris for speed. I'm sorry but to think otherwise is laughable. Speed is not their strong attribute whatsoever. Especially TMAC and Mike James. I seem to remember Jason Terry killing the Rockets in the 2005 series in games 3 and 4. Defensively, Harris was called one of the best defensive point guards in the league because of his quickness. There are only few point guards that can keep up with Devin Harris and you don't have a guard on your team to do so.

Quote:
It isn't like the Rockets are done making acquisitions either. With the way our GM Morey has been getting deals done, Jesus Christ may sign to the Houston Rockets.
Of course not, because you have too many shooting guards. But you have not addressed the point guard position much less the power foward position. That has been Houston's achillees heel for the past 5 years.

Quote:
Ric Adelman is no joke of a Coach either my friend. He can easily get it done
Well yeah...see my next comment. BTW, I said coaching staff anyway. Dallas will have a superior coaching staff. Avery, Del Harris, and Paul Westphal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas