Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 PM

6,687 posts, read 9,934,267 times

Advertisements

^^^ I agree

Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM

343 posts, read 804,819 times
Love both cities as well, always have and always will

Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 PM

875 posts, read 1,660,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The list is absolute nonsense and you would be crazy to put any stock in it. There is no factual basis to it at all.

Take the diversity portion of the survey. Youre going to really tell me with a straight face that Austin, Kansas City, Anchorage, and Memphis are more diverse than DFW?????? Really? And some how this survey is supposed to be credible?

I might add this is all ironic coming from you. You were so sure that all of Texas was out to get Houston that you created a thread about it, but then you post a survey with no factual basis and claim no one is out to get DFW. If the shoe was on the other foot, you would be crying foul no doubt. If you think Houston is better than Dallas, thats one thing, but to post something that puts Dallas at the bottom of every category even against cities it clearly excels against and claim its fact?

If you want to post something with a diagonstic method or something that is based on facts and stats that shows Houston in a more favorable light than DFW Ill listen, but there is nothing even remotely factual about the T&L list. Period.
No need to get emotional I just posted this because I thought it was cool if you dont agree with it, You just don't agree with it. Seems to me you are upset DFW lost a survey. I never said Texas was out to get Houston, I pointed out that most Texans dont care to much for Houston that just my opinion. Just like you don't care too much for Houston. Who cares its just a survey...THAT I AGREE WITH. And llike you pointed out, If Dallas won the survey we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Also have you ever actually thought about the downsides of Dallas, because you know the city (just like Houston) is not perfect right. Everyone on this thread may not agree with the survey but there is some truth to it.

Last edited by llmrkc07; 10-10-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old 10-11-2011, 03:34 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,726,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
No need to get emotional I just posted this because I thought it was cool if you dont agree with it, You just don't agree with it. Seems to me you are upset DFW lost a survey. I never said Texas was out to get Houston, I pointed out that most Texans dont care to much for Houston that just my opinion. Just like you don't care too much for Houston. Who cares its just a survey...THAT I AGREE WITH. And llike you pointed out, If Dallas won the survey we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Also have you ever actually thought about the downsides of Dallas, because you know the city (just like Houston) is not perfect right. Everyone on this thread may not agree with the survey but there is some truth to it.
Actually, I love Houston. I love Dallas too. Im of the opinion that both cities do some things better than the other. But there is no truth to the survey, its opinions. Opinions arent facts.

Take Houston out of it and look at it from DFW's perspective. Can you honestly tell me that there is anything accurate about it from DFW's end? Nothing that can be factually verified. Truth be told, outside of a few categories, Houston did poorly as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 AM

875 posts, read 1,660,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Actually, I love Houston. I love Dallas too. Im of the opinion that both cities do some things better than the other. But there is no truth to the survey, its opinions. Opinions arent facts.

Take Houston out of it and look at it from DFW's perspective. Can you honestly tell me that there is anything accurate about it from DFW's end? Nothing that can be factually verified. Truth be told, outside of a few categories, Houston did poorly as well.
So whats the big deal about?

First off, everything on CD is opinionated so dont take it so serious. You may feel that Dallas should be higher in certain categories and thats fine. To me both cities were neck and neck with the ratings. I have lived in both metros and visit them quite often. They are some thing that Dallas lack and there are some things that Houston lack. But for you to give your OPINION that Dallas should have been higher is crazy. Just take it for what it is. I mean if you love Houston then why are we talking about this.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,726,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
So whats the big deal about?

First off, everything on CD is opinionated so dont take it so serious. You may feel that Dallas should be higher in certain categories and thats fine. To me both cities were neck and neck with the ratings. I have lived in both metros and visit them quite often. They are some thing that Dallas lack and there are some things that Houston lack. But for you to give your OPINION that Dallas should have been higher is crazy. Just take it for what it is. I mean if you love Houston then why are we talking about this.
Because this has nothing to do with Houston or Houston vs. Dallas. It has everything to do with a list with no diagnostic method or factual base being given merit.

I do agree with you that cd is pretty much all opinion so it's hard to get around that.

I love both metros and I think both have things they do better than the other, so I'll leave it at that.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,328,949 times
This is a smackdown. It's not supposed to be civil.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:21 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,927,318 times
snoozefest

if this is what you guys call a smackdown then y all are some boring ...................

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,446,768 times
Calatrava Bridge Opening - YouTube

Old 10-11-2011, 02:44 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,977,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Grand opening lighting design eh?

So its not going to look like that all the time I take it.

There sure is a lot of hoopla over this bridge to nowhere isn't there?

A bridge that grand deserves to be over a significant body of water, which the Trinity is not.

That's all I'm going to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas