Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas has the Federal Reserve Bank, HQ of Comerica, and many regional bank HQs
i know, but you said it was a building a bit confused there hun?

Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
i know, but you said it was a building a bit confused there hun?
I meant capital not capitol.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
There's only two three teams everybody cares about. Lakers, Celtics, and the Bulls. Everybody else is filler. Carry on.
I'd throw in Heat before the Bulls.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I meant capital not capitol.
I knew what you meant, just wanted to see how long it would take you to see what you mean. Anyway, here are the banks HQ'ed in Texas

USAA Banking- San Antonio 43B in deposits
Comerica- Dallas
Frost/ Cullen- San Antonio
Guarantee Financial- Austin
Prosperity- Houston
International Bankshares- Laredo
Security Services Credit Union- San Antonio
Sterling Bancshares- Houston
Amegy Bank- Houston
Woodforest National Bank- Houston

Those are the big ones, I know there are many small ones out there.

USAA and Comerica is the largest. For Comerica The Corporate offices are in Dallas but doesn't Detroit have the most workers?

I am really impressed with SA. They have more deposits than Dallas or Houston.

I don't think you can call Dallas the financial capital of Texas if it does have the most Deposits or if its banks doesn't have the most assets.

In finance overall both Houston and Dallas are ahead of SA though.

Last edited by HtownLove; 02-29-2012 at 06:06 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I'd throw in Heat before the Bulls.
I wouldn't. Chicago actually has history and a true fanbase. Miami has none of the above. Hell if Miami is relevant, so us Dallas. They are the defending champions and have as many rings as Miami

Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Bulls? Maybe in the Jordan era.
Well I probably should have said maybe the bulls. However, they still have a huge fanbase because of that era.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I knew what you meant, just wanted to see how long it would take you to see what you mean. Anyway, here are the banks HQ'ed in Texas

USAA Banking- San Antonio 43B in deposits
Comerica- Dallas
Frost/ Cullen- San Antonio
Guarantee Financial- Austin
Prosperity- Houston
International Bankshares- Laredo
Security Services Credit Union- San Antonio
Sterling Bancshares- Houston
Amegy Bank- Houston

Those are the big ones, I know there are many small ones out there.

USAA and Comerica is the largest. For Comerica The Corporate offices are in Dallas but doesn't Detroit have the most workers?

I am really impressed with SA. They have more deposits than Dallas or Houston.

I don't think you can call Dallas the financial capital of Texas if it does have the most Deposits or if its banks doesn't have the most assets.

In finance overall both Houston and Dallas are ahead of SA though.
Federal Reserve is what puts us ahead of the rest. This bank distributes money to all the banks in Texas and to many other banks in different states.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
Quote:
Don't need to prove that it is true. It already is true.
Of course it is. You said it is so it is. I see that now. Your debate tactics are too good.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I went to Dallas for the first time this month. I have been a resident of Houston for the past 4 years.

I was impressed by Dallas. I thought it was a nice smaller city, with all you need for city life. The suburbs are..well, suburbs.

I felt that Dallas has a slight California vibe, while Ft. Worth was so Texan. Interesting with them being in the same metro area.

I prefer Houston because I enjoy really big cities. Houston has more of everything, that's really the only difference. Houston is HUGE next to Dallas. Both have great hoods, sites, restaurants and things to do.

If I had to move to Dallas, I could see myself adjusting rather quickly. My friend simply said "Wow, it's the same exact thing (as Houston)". I thought that was funny. So I know that people like to say one city is better than the other...but Dallas and Houston are more alike than different.
Austin has the whole Northern California vibe going on, not Dallas.

Dallas feels & looks more like a large Midwestern city in comparison though it pretends to be a NYC, LA, Milan, or Paris. Fort Worth on the other hand feels & looks very Western-Southwestern staying true to its roots & doesn't care too much for its neighbor 30 miles to the east. The two cities might as well be on opposite sides of the country that's how little they have in common.

Houston feels & looks like a conglomerate of Los Angeles, New Orleans, & Miami.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Austin has the whole Northern California vibe going on, not Dallas.

Dallas feels & looks more like a large Midwestern city in comparison though it pretends to be a NYC, LA, Milan, or Paris. Fort Worth on the other hand feels & looks very Western-Southwestern staying true to its roots & doesn't care too much for its neighbor 30 miles to the east. The two cities might as well be on opposite sides of the country that's how little they have in common.

Houston feels & looks like a conglomerate of Los Angeles, New Orleans, & Miami.
That's a lie Matt! Dallas does not try to be Paris, Milan, LA, or NYC. You always have to say something negative about Dallas and majority of the time it's a complete lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas