Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 04:11 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times

Advertisements

Stop comparing Dallas and Oklahoma City folks. They are hardly alike. That said, the densities of Dallas and Houston is nothing really to gush over as of right now anyway. They are still very similar to post ww2 suburban cities around the nation. People in the Northeast and West Coast would laugh at this dialouge about density in Texas. It's improving. But not to the point where that density is impressive anyway.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Htown, these are people's opinions. You cannot make people believe your way of thinking when someone already have their mind made up. It's like you telling me Houston is better than Dallas.....it's not going to work. You are wasting your time.
I know my love, but I can still have my fun with these three who are popping vessels in their heads over this stuff. So funny that they let these things sting them. And one of them is all the way up in Chicago.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:17 PM

469 posts, read 886,125 times
So you guys just sit on here bored while you're at work too, right?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
S That said, the densities of Dallas and Houston is nothing really to gush over as of right now anyway. They are still very similar to post ww2 suburban cities around the nation. People in the Northeast and West Coast would laugh at this dialouge about density in Texas. It's improving. But not to the point where that density is impressive anyway.
They would, just like I laugh at Dallas thinking their density is as consist over large areas as Houston. No where in Dallas is as large as the loop and SW Houston in terms of consistently higher density. The Bellaire /Bissonnet area of the loop? Are you familiar with the area?? west of 288 within the loop going all the way towards uptown and passed it?

Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkispoison View Post
I'll take that over your ugly ass over sized suburb
I lived in Chicago for a year...it ain't all that!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:28 PM

469 posts, read 886,125 times
Houston rap owns my soul. I do miss walking down the street and hearing some bump screw

Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,330,050 times
"Friendly rivalry" my azz. Y'all are being downright nasty with each other, talking about people's mommas and what not.

...but anyway, if I wanted to live in Dallas, I'd just go back to Atlanta: the city that does "Dallas" better than Dallas itself.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:26 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Look, Houston has several hoods. Uptown/Galleria, River Oaks, Upper Kirby, West U/Rice Village, the new City Centre, Midtown...and other places where we can shop, eat fancy tacos and drink exotic beers.

I don't think anyone in Houston envy's your Uptown. Maybe folks in OKC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I think that is it. People from Oklahoma coming in and complimenting them making them think they are special.

Oh Dallas....you so crazy
Do you guys somehow think bringing up Oklahoma is a type of insult? What's the point?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
"Friendly rivalry" my azz. Y'all are being downright nasty with each other, talking about people's mommas and what not.

...but anyway, if I wanted to live in Dallas, I'd just go back to Atlanta: the city that does "Dallas" better than Dallas itself.
You misspelled Detroit

Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
I want somebody to point out all the troublesome Dallas posters...Even if some of us do defend dallas on some occasions we still(as a group)have the most realistic reasoning.We are way more fair and real with our responses...Im not saying that some of my responses don't **** some Houstonians off but they are always realistic and in response to comments made by Houston posters....and for the record....nowhere in this thread or even on this forum have anybody from Dallas tried to act like the City of Dallas is Larger than the City of Houston.Everybody knows that Houston has DOUBLE the population of Dallas...but on the flip-side maybe thats the exact thing that bothers Houstonians...They are sooooooooo much bigger than Dallas but yet Dallas happens to still be neck and neck in every category. Ive said this before...How in the Hell is the 9th largest city in the U.S giving the 4th largest city a run for its money like that????? Houston you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!Dallas is 5 cities behind Houston and no one can tell...This says alot for Dallas...not so much for Houston. Houston is one spot behind Chicago, and it is forbidden to even mention Houston and Chicago in the same sentence. Some Houstonians are CRAZY!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas