Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 02:45 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
l'm talking about all the photos (including Fort Worth)
We know your not a fan of Fort Worth either. But when it comes to Dallas you post just about every new development project that is going on in Dallas. Some of the other cities deserve a little shine too. So how is DART ridership looking these days?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:46 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
UNT Dallas opened not too long ago. It takes awhile for a university to get really established.
Right...and the predicted enrollment will eventually be around 25,000 in ??years.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:07 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Right...and the predicted enrollment will eventually be around 25,000 in ??years.

DFW needs to focus on gaining a tier 1 college and more post graduate degrees. I shouldn’t have to drive 3 hours away to attend a tier 1 state research institution. The biggest problem with DFW is the need for more medical and law schools. We lag behind Houston in this department. Since DFW black community has a substantial amount of kids that attend PV it might be a good idea to convince PV to help fund a medical, law, or pharmacy school in the DFW area. At the undergraduate degree level the schools in Houston area outside of little bitty Rice University are not much better. Actually I think slightly worse than the DFW area but I am impressed with wide range of degrees the Houston metro offers at the post graduate level. DFW has some catching up to do at the post graduate level.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:09 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
We know your not a fan of Fort Worth either. But when it comes to Dallas you post just about every new development project that is going on in Dallas. Some of the other cities deserve a little shine too. So how is DART ridership looking these days?
I find it kinda boring to talk about the way a university looks. You guys might find it interestng, but I don't. How's TCU doing since the drug bust?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
DFW needs to focus on gaining a tier 1 college and more post graduate degrees. I shouldn?t have to drive 3 hours away to attend a tier 1 state research institution. The biggest problem with DFW is the need for more medical and law schools. We lag behind Houston in this department. Since DFW black community has a substantial amount of kids that attend PV it might be a good idea to convince PV to help fund a medical, law, or pharmacy school in the DFW area. At the undergraduate degree level the schools in Houston area outside of little bitty Rice University are not much better. Actually I think slightly worse than the DFW area but I am impressed with wide range of degrees the Houston metro offers at the post graduate level. DFW has some catching up to do at the post graduate level.
UNT is going to convert the Municipal Building (Old Dallas City Hall) into a law school, but I think it's gonna take longer than originally planned.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
BCS is not Huntsville its a much larger town. It has its own metro of more than 228,660 residents. They don't associate themselves with the Houston metro. They are central Texas at heart.
I know it is not Huntsville. I did not say it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
BCS is too isolated. Its different from Huntsville in that theres conroe and the Woodlands fairly close. Theres not much around BCS.
The Woodlands and Conroe grew exponentially the last 15 years, they were not always that size. Who knows Prairie View and Hempstead can pick up on their growth too, which would make that way less isolated. It just takes a few amenities being put out that way for growth to spring up. The population is already skewed that way already. Houston is increasingly moving west and North bringing the center of population closer to Central Texas.

Quote:
UNT Dallas opened not too long ago. It takes awhile for a university to get really established.
And that too is a shame. Why did it take that long to get a Public University in Dallas? And it got a satellite campus with the flagship in Denton. It would be nice if Dallas had a flagship University in Dallas.

Quote:
I find it kinda boring to talk about the way a university looks. You guys might find it interestng, but I don't. How's TCU doing since the drug bust?
you don't have to read/watch it

Old 03-17-2012, 03:28 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The Woodlands and Conroe grew exponentially the last 15 years, they were not always that size. Who knows Prairie View and Hempstead can pick up on their growth too, which would make that way less isolated. It just takes a few amenities being put out that way for growth to spring up. The population is already skewed that way already. Houston is increasingly moving west and North bringing the center of population closer to Central Texas.

And that too is a shame. Why did it take that long to get a Public University in Dallas? And it got a satellite campus with the flagship in Denton. It would be nice if Dallas had a flagship University in Dallas.

How far is PV from the outskirts of Houston?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:32 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,548 times
Quote:
DFW needs to focus on gaining a tier 1 college and more post graduate degrees..
Isn't UT-Dallas positioning itself to become Tier 1?

Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 PM

998 posts, read 1,325,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
How far is PV from the outskirts of Houston?
In my opinion, PV is alot closer to Houston than what it may seem. I would guess that its about 20-25minutes from Cypress which is basically NW Houston these days.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

I've always wondered the same thing. Hopefully, one day UNT Dallas will seperate from UNT System and become a flagship university. Maybe we can call it North Texas State University (NTSU) A man can only dream..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas