U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 PM

8,937 posts, read 5,923,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Was I lying or something???
I didn't mention your name. Are you feeling guilty? A hit dog will holler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 AM

3,227 posts, read 2,463,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I didn't mention your name. Are you feeling guilty? A hit dog will holler.
Well....since we were the only two who posted I just put two and two together and figured you had to be directing that to me.....anyways... Can u answer his question because if im wrong I will own up to it.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM

391 posts, read 474,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
Texans, let's admit it, no matter where we live, there are only 2 REAL cities in this state, DFW and H-town. Yeah, San Antonio, Austin and El Paso are cities but they're not CITIES, am I right?

So, here's the question, and I mean this in all good sport, no personal insults allowed:

Which city is the BEST and WHY, between Dallas and Houston?

I'll offer the opening volley in what I hope will be a lively Texas-friendly smack-down.

Houston might have heinous humidity, traffic, smog and floods, but I think it beats Dallas hands-down for culture. Seems like far more musicians, artists, and other interesting cultural types come from H-town. Dallas is good for... ummm..... shopping? And, uh... Malls?

Houston has a more cosmopolitan, multicultural vibe to me. OK, so one of the cultures happens to consist of cockroaches the size of economy cars, but heck, if we can train them then maybe we can use them to get around town and save on our energy bills, right?

Houston is a port city, it's near the ocean and it's very GREEN with beautiful big trees. Dallas is landlocked and doesn't even have an attractive waterway like San Antonio and Austin.

Anybody wanna take a shot at this? Which city represents Texas best? ALL IN GOOD FUN! Cuz I don't want this thread deleted or locked....

Well, first off... DFW isn't a city it is a metropolitan area consisting of 2 major cities and 100+ suburbs. Houston is a single major city that doesn't rely on another major city to boost its stats.

I will agree though that Houston and Dallas are the 2 dominant cities in Texas... Houston being by far the most dominant!

When you look at just the 2 cities, Houston outdoes Dallas over and over when it comes to the economy, business transactions, etc. Dallas is a strong business area, but is also extremely dependent on neighboring communities to help feed their economy particularly Fort Worst, I mean Fort Worth!

I am by far the biggest supporter of Houston and actually keep a running list of reasons why Houston is better than Dallas on a word document on my work laptop. Right now I am up to 415 reasons! If you ever need ammunition in an facts argument between Houston and Dallas you know who to contact! =)

Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM

8,968 posts, read 8,691,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyAusmus View Post
Well, first off... DFW isn't a city it is a metropolitan area consisting of 2 major cities and 100+ suburbs. Houston is a single major city that doesn't rely on another major city to boost its stats.

I will agree though that Houston and Dallas are the 2 dominant cities in Texas... Houston being by far the most dominant!

When you look at just the 2 cities, Houston outdoes Dallas over and over when it comes to the economy, business transactions, etc. Dallas is a strong business area, but is also extremely dependent on neighboring communities to help feed their economy particularly Fort Worst, I mean Fort Worth!

I am by far the biggest supporter of Houston and actually keep a running list of reasons why Houston is better than Dallas on a word document on my work laptop. Right now I am up to 415 reasons! If you ever need ammunition in an facts argument between Houston and Dallas you know who to contact! =)
Post the word document!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM

727 posts, read 502,768 times
Quote:

Please do, I'd love to see that. And Fort Worth is awesome.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that Houston is the more internationally respected city/metro, but DFW is better respected and viewed as more important to Americans?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 AM

1,841 posts, read 2,582,697 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Post the word document!

Is there a reason someone would be so focussed on another city outside of the one they live in?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:58 AM

8,968 posts, read 8,691,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post

Smellin a troll.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM

103 posts, read 130,070 times
I don't know how to read all of these more than 700 pages. Just one by one? That is going to be horrible. It may take one week.

Is there an easy way to read all these 700 pages altogether easily?

Please advise!!!

Last edited by ericeric; 04-12-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdonjuan View Post
Please do, I'd love to see that. And Fort Worth is awesome.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem to anyone else that Houston is the more internationally respected city/metro, but DFW is better respected and viewed as more important to Americans?
Most likely. And this no doubt has to do with the fact that Houston is known as an industry leader.

Dallas may just be the All-American golden town, and they are a more organized area than us, but years from now, I see Houston as having the larger global footprint. Just my opinion.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeric View Post
I don't know how to read all of these more than 700 posts. Just one by one? That is going to be horrible. It may take one week.

Is there an easy way to read all these 700 posts altogether easily?

Please advise!!!
More like 7000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas