U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,370,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that Top Chef is not the only thing that has ever filmed in Dallas, sir.

Either way, my statement was more figurative than actual. I honestly feel that between the two cities, Dallas would be the one more likely to compromise its soul for a little shine. That's just the way I see it.

Think about it. For all of the media attention you guys get and love to brag about, how often does the world get to see what you would call "the real Dallas", free from any of those ridiculous Texas stereotypes?
Not buying it. Sounds like you're conveniently trying to explain away Houston's lack of media coverage by insinuating that the city is too virtuous for the cameras. lol

You guys want it and bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM

8,937 posts, read 5,049,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Not buying it. Sounds like you're conveniently trying to explain away Houston's lack of media coverage by insinuating that the city is too virtuous for the cameras. lol

You guys want it and bad.
Pretend that's not what I'm doing (sarcasm). Just humor me and answer the question.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,001,227 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Top Chef is not the only thing that has ever filmed in Dallas, sir.

Either way, my statement was more figurative than actual. I honestly feel that between the two cities, Dallas would be the one more likely to compromise its soul for a little shine. That's just the way I see it.

Think about it. For all of the media attention you guys get and love to brag about, how often does the world get to see what you would call "the real Dallas", free from any of those ridiculous Texas stereotypes?
This can be said for any city that gets alot of media attention...The "REAL" Dallas is what people make of it when they visit...There's a million definitions of real Dallas and they are all opinions....So who cares about who gets to see the REAL Dallas?!....Even the stereotypes are pulled from someones personal experience while visiting...Its just exaggerated a bit.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
This can be said for any city that gets alot of media attention...The "REAL" Dallas is what people make of it when they visit...There's a million definitions of real Dallas and they are all opinions....So who cares about who gets to see the REAL Dallas?!....Even the stereotypes are pulled from someones personal experience while visiting...Its just exaggerated a bit.
What I'm asking is, does the media ever present Dallas as the cosmopolitan and culturally diverse town that it really is?

Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 PM

1,841 posts, read 2,370,599 times
Quote:
What I'm asking is, does the media ever present Dallas as the cosmopolitan and culturally diverse town that it really is?

Man Vs Food Nation - Dallas (Part 1) - YouTube

Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 PM

4,531 posts, read 3,405,550 times
Dallas' newest urban development

Here's the video

Valley View Center to Get $2 Billion Makeover | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM

13,138 posts, read 13,701,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post

Here's the video

If that gets off the ground, that would be huge for Dallas and the entire region.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Not quite what I was going for but still interesting, nonetheless.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM

3,558 posts, read 3,973,341 times
Quote:

Here's the video

Game changer

Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM

118 posts, read 90,194 times
Quote:

Here's the video

Nice! That is a huge development!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas