U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,958 posts, read 3,205,898 times
Reputation: 1213

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that Top Chef is not the only thing that has ever filmed in Dallas, sir.

Either way, my statement was more figurative than actual. I honestly feel that between the two cities, Dallas would be the one more likely to compromise its soul for a little shine. That's just the way I see it.

Think about it. For all of the media attention you guys get and love to brag about, how often does the world get to see what you would call "the real Dallas", free from any of those ridiculous Texas stereotypes?
Not buying it. Sounds like you're conveniently trying to explain away Houston's lack of media coverage by insinuating that the city is too virtuous for the cameras. lol

You guys want it and bad.

 
Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 8,534,412 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Not buying it. Sounds like you're conveniently trying to explain away Houston's lack of media coverage by insinuating that the city is too virtuous for the cameras. lol

You guys want it and bad.
Pretend that's not what I'm doing (sarcasm). Just humor me and answer the question.
 
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
 
3,791 posts, read 3,942,786 times
Reputation: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that Top Chef is not the only thing that has ever filmed in Dallas, sir.

Either way, my statement was more figurative than actual. I honestly feel that between the two cities, Dallas would be the one more likely to compromise its soul for a little shine. That's just the way I see it.

Think about it. For all of the media attention you guys get and love to brag about, how often does the world get to see what you would call "the real Dallas", free from any of those ridiculous Texas stereotypes?
This can be said for any city that gets alot of media attention...The "REAL" Dallas is what people make of it when they visit...There's a million definitions of real Dallas and they are all opinions....So who cares about who gets to see the REAL Dallas?!....Even the stereotypes are pulled from someones personal experience while visiting...Its just exaggerated a bit.
 
Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 8,534,412 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
This can be said for any city that gets alot of media attention...The "REAL" Dallas is what people make of it when they visit...There's a million definitions of real Dallas and they are all opinions....So who cares about who gets to see the REAL Dallas?!....Even the stereotypes are pulled from someones personal experience while visiting...Its just exaggerated a bit.
What I'm asking is, does the media ever present Dallas as the cosmopolitan and culturally diverse town that it really is?
 
Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
1,958 posts, read 3,205,898 times
Reputation: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
What I'm asking is, does the media ever present Dallas as the cosmopolitan and culturally diverse town that it really is?

Man Vs Food Nation - Dallas (Part 1) - YouTube
 
Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Dallas,Texas
4,787 posts, read 5,561,685 times
Reputation: 1454
Dallas' newest urban development

Here's the video

Valley View Center to Get $2 Billion Makeover | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
 
Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
15,838 posts, read 19,614,668 times
Reputation: 6654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas' newest urban development

Here's the video

Valley View Center to Get $2 Billion Makeover | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
If that gets off the ground, that would be huge for Dallas and the entire region.
 
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 PM
 
Location: The Magnolia City
8,931 posts, read 8,534,412 times
Reputation: 4853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Not quite what I was going for but still interesting, nonetheless.
 
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Funky Town, Texas
3,766 posts, read 5,501,514 times
Reputation: 1525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas' newest urban development

Here's the video

Valley View Center to Get $2 Billion Makeover | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Game changer
 
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
121 posts, read 147,147 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas' newest urban development

Here's the video

Valley View Center to Get $2 Billion Makeover | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Nice! That is a huge development!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2016, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top