Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
^^^This^^^

I almost went with Dallasdude...but it looked too much like"Dallatude"...hmm did I spell that right?...looks ugly....oh well
Ok, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't beating up on some poor misguided local. To bad you're not from the Island you may have caught a break!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Default In Conclution...

In conclution there are a lot of variables as to what would happen if either Houston or DFW either disappeared or never existed. I will say it is harder for me to imagine that some kind of city would not have formed in southeast texas as opposed to north texas. There are different senerios that "could" have happened in S.E. Texas, Might Galveston have been a bigger city if it hadn't been destroyed by the 1900 hurricane. Might the Golden triangle have been bigger if any one of those three cities had been managed better? Why wasn't Fort Worth picked over Dallas to be the bigger city, or perhaps Whichita Falls, and if things had worked out differently would people from Beaumont and Fort Worth be posting on this site about why one is better than the other? Probably so....

Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
In conclution there are a lot of variables as to what would happen if either Houston or DFW either disappeared or never existed. I will say it is harder for me to imagine that some kind of city would not have formed in southeast texas as opposed to north texas. There are different senerios that "could" have happened in S.E. Texas, Might Galveston have been a bigger city if it hadn't been destroyed by the 1900 hurricane. Might the Golden triangle have been bigger if any one of those three cities had been managed better? Why wasn't Fort Worth picked over Dallas to be the bigger city, or perhaps Whichita Falls, and if things had worked out differently would people from Beaumont and Fort Worth be posting on this site about why one is better than the other? Probably so....
Yep...and we will never know the real answer...Im sure glad things happened the the way they did though.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Yep...and we will never know the real answer...Im sure glad things happened the the way they did though.
Me too, of course nothing happens perfectly in nature or politics, so we will be making adjustments "here and there"...!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
But thats just it. We will never know what would have been if city X or city Y never existed. Many things could have happened. Therefore, why speculate?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:57 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times

LBJ Express Project Video - 01.08.2013 - YouTube

Old 01-13-2013, 10:03 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,411,884 times
Default Dallas and Houston

Dallas and Houston are entwined in and endless debate as to which of the two is the better. I think it is time to call it a draw. What a great thing it is to be on par with such great cities.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:21 AM

Default Cartoon fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
What a nice little cartoon. It helps you fantizise about moving from one end of town to another without ever even slowing down for a traffic jam , what a nice ficticious presentation. What time of day does this fantasy occure btw? The cartoon that is.

"Our" tax dollars at work!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Dallas and Houston are entwined in and endless debate as to which of the two is the better. I think it is time to call it a draw. What a great thing it is to be on par with such great cities.
Amen brother!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
What a nice little cartoon. It helps you fantizise about moving from one end of town to another without ever even slowing down for a traffic jam , what a nice ficticious presentation. What time of day does this fantasy occure btw? The cartoon that is.

"Our" tax dollars at work!
Ummm this is just a video of the expanison of LBJ Freeway in Dallas (Interstate 635) which is already under construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas