Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 AM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,772,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
You can't possibly be serious with this post, LOL. Its Tx/OU weekend. Ofcourse there will be "life" in Dallas. Come back next weekend when Downtown Dallas is as dead like it usually is after work hours.
Always try to make up some sort of excuse...people are people. Doesn't matter where they came from.

As far as next weekend....Dallas is hosting:

Autumn in the Arboretum, Lamar Street Festival, Chinese Lantern Festival, Animals Inside and Out at the Perot, State Fair of Texas, TedxKids, Late Nights at the DMA, 10+ Celebration Day at the Nasher, 'til Midnight-10th Anniversary edition at the Nasher, Aurora: Light of Convergence, 2013 Texas Veggie Fair, 2013 Index Festival, 2013 Beat Leukemia Concert for a Cure, 2013 Arthritis Foundation Bone Bash, Third Annual Color Up for Children's Cancer Fund, Komen Race for the Cure, The Southern Gentlemen's Escape fashion/charity event, Michael Buble, Avenged Sevenfold, J Cole, Wale, Jonny Lane at the House of Blues, The Cat in the Hat a children's play, Detroit the play, The Werewolf of London the melodrama, Ghouls and Graveyards a children's play, A Raisin in the Sun the play, I Am a Teacher the play, The Firebird performed by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Lion King musical, and Clybourne Park a play at the Wyly.

Last edited by BCB; 10-13-2013 at 02:09 AM..

Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,387,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
Always try to make up some sort of excuse...people are people. Doesn't matter where they came from.

Autumn in the Arboretum, Lamar Street Festival, Chinese Lantern Festival, Animals Inside and Out at the Perot, State Fair of Texas, TedxKids, Late Nights at the DMA, 10+ Celebration Day at the Nasher, 'til Midnight-10th Anniversary edition at the Nasher, Aurora: Light of Convergence, 2013 Texas Veggie Fair, 2013 Index Festival, 2013 Beat Leukemia Concert for a Cure, 2013 Arthritis Foundation Bone Bash, Third Annual Color Up for Children's Cancer Fund, Komen Race for the Cure, The Southern Gentlemen's Escape fashion/charity event, Michael Buble, Avenged Sevenfold, J Cole, Wale, Jonny Lane at the House of Blues, The Cat in the Hat a children's play, Detroit the play, The Werewolf of London the melodrama, Ghouls and Graveyards a children's play, A Raisin in the Sun the play, I Am a Teacher the play, The Firebird performed by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, The Lion King musical, and Clybourne Park a play at the Wyly.
Right!!!.......but you know we cant count that kind of activity....even though the entire month of October is the most festive time in Dallas. Even though the streets will be busy trains packed going in all directions. It just doesn't count....even though reunion tower's attendance is way beyond what they could ever imagine. ...at $16 a pop....more than when it was free. Klyde Warren park is full on ANY given night...horse drawn carriages litter the west end and uptown streets on ANY given night....NONE of this counts....All of the Weddings and private events held downtown don't count because they are "special events" ..........that chose downtown. ....who would choose such a dead place like downtown to have their wedding?...those people are crazy!....why would someone be caught at kwp at night?....With all the beautifully lit arches and in-park restaurants. Winding romantic walkways under the glistening lighting of the Dallas skyline. ....Downtown Dallas is horrible and dead as a door knob...All of the magnificent stuff thats goin on down there...just ignore it....its because of some stupid event....as usual.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:08 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times
Did you say a "trolley" system that was booked for a private event?

Old 10-13-2013, 02:52 PM

998 posts, read 1,317,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post

I live in Dallas so you can't fool me. Like I said, its foolish to use this weekend as some sort of "example" of Downtown Dallas' vibrance. Its like Houston claiming the downtown activity during All Star weekend is the "norm". Get outta here. Both Dallas and Houston's downtowns are relatively dead after work hours.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:44 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,531,668 times
this whole last page is full of LOLOLs... i guess Dallas is the only city that has "events"..

as Marco (a DALLASITE, stop trying to throw Houstonians under the bus when its a fellow resident of your own city making those statements) said, OU/UT weekend is a terrible example of city life.

BTW i thought the streetcar was closed? it was all fenced off last week when i was in Dallas and looked like it hadnt been used in a while.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
this whole last page is full of LOLOLs... i guess Dallas is the only city that has "events"..

as Marco (a DALLASITE, stop trying to throw Houstonians under the bus when its a fellow resident of your own city making those statements) said, OU/UT weekend is a terrible example of city life.

BTW i thought the streetcar was closed? it was all fenced off last week when i was in Dallas and looked like it hadnt been used in a while.
That had to be the extension that they are working on. The traditional line is always in operation.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,531,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
That had to be the extension that they are working on. The traditional line is always in operation.
ah cool, i had no idea the new extension went north/south, into uptown, from downtown. i thought that was the M line or something. im talking about the tracks that go through Klyde Warren.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
ah cool, i had no idea the new extension went north/south, into uptown, from downtown. i thought that was the M line or something. im talking about the tracks that go through Klyde Warren.
Right...the same tracks that go through klyde warren will connect to the mainstreet line going to oak cliff.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,282 times
My first post on the subject. It was cool reading the old comments from 6 years ago. Both cities have grown. First, I consider all DFW's buildings when comparing cities. Dallas' downtown core (with Uptown right, right on top of it) looks better than downtown Houston. Downtown Houston is taller but has no other districts as adjacent. Houston still has more buildings overall though. Since 2007, The Woodlands has added the 2nd of 400' twin towers, TMC keeps growing (and has lights), Memorial City and West to Katy has more 250' buildings, and more high rises in Uptown and The Heights. Houston holds major weight when it comes to buildings.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Another stinking event downtown. .....look at how emty it is...where are all the people.

Aurora Dallas 2013 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas