Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 03:48 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
so Dallasboi.. you like interactive stuff with colorful lights.. i stumbled across something that takes place in Houston that should be right up your alley...

Architects of Air - Discovery Green, Houston, Texas

and a video highlighting some of the arts in Houston for the first 2 minutes, then discussing the importance of art to the economy and the city..

Boring Boring Boring...that first video is just a playhouse for a birthday party.
The second video was very interesting...but the presentation of the arts in Houston is boring....These videos wouldnt make me say WOW Ive got to get to houstons museum district.
Houston has great things...museums being one...but its something I could do without if I visit Houston...Im sorry...its a nice area though...reserved and quiet.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:04 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Boring Boring Boring...that first video is just a playhouse for a birthday party.
The second video was very interesting...but the presentation of the arts in Houston is boring....These videos wouldnt make me say WOW Ive got to get to houstons museum district.
Houston has great things...museums being one...but its something I could do without if I visit Houston...Im sorry...its a nice area though...reserved and quiet.
LOL, you crack me up dallasboi..
how is the presentation of the arts any different in Dallas than it is in Houston?

Old 01-29-2014, 05:16 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Hey, boi can say what he wants , but I think the giant neon Bouncy Castle is really cool !

Also please stop asking him how something Dallas is doing is different, he is different in his own mind, and all that he loves is special to him. Kinda like the mother with the ugly baby who thinks it is beautiful, You will never make him admit otherwise

Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
LOL, you crack me up dallasboi..
how is the presentation of the arts any different in Dallas than it is in Houston?
Compare your birthday party video with my aurora video and you tell me....listen to what the artists say....especially the one from L.A that lives in Austin.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:24 PM

I knew this would get ignored.....this is why the layout of the DART rail system is better than the metro streetcar system.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Compare your birthday party video with my aurora video and you tell me....listen to what the artists say....especially the one from L.A that lives in Austin.
my "birthday party video" was one event out of the whole year, (that i figured would appeal to you given your preferences toward bright colors and things you can interact with..) hardly a representation of Houstons presentation of art.

so basically what your saying is 1 day a year Dallas apparently presents its art differently than Houston, but the other 364 days they are presented the same? interesting.. what makes you think Houston doesnt have festivals and events different from what Dallas has..?

Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I knew this would get ignored.....this is why the layout of the DART rail system is better than the metro streetcar system.
i skimmed past it because it didnt strike me as anything significant.. are you telling me the METRO lines dont spur development? because if so you are badly mistaken... (EDIT: i just did the math on just the developments in downtown and the medical center, and only the ones i could find construction costs for [couldnt find costs for 609 Main, or Hilcorps new tower], and its over 2 billion in developments that have gone up along the original 8 mile stretch of the Main Street line since it was built in 2004.. not counting any developments between the medical center and downtown. over 2 billion for EIGHT MILES of rail. compared to 7 billion for 85 miles) if you are telling me its a larger system, then good for you. thats something we all knew, just like we all know METRORail's 8 miles of rail served around 40,000 people a day, and DARTs 85 miles of lightrail serves around 90,000.
you do realize if Houston had 85 miles of light rail, the rail would surely be going out to places like The Woodlands and the Energy Corridor, where billions in development happen to be going up currently, even without rail.. we dont have the same rail infrastructure as Dallas but we are still getting a huge number of corporate relocations and employee consolidations.. and many to places not serviced by rail. basically what im getting at is i really doubt all of that Dallas development can be attributed to DART. sure DART might of swayed some of them, but to say its solely responsible for everything is outlandish.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 01-29-2014 at 10:22 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,012 times
So glad I left this discussion…such a waste of time.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:56 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Seems that Houston and Dallas are both Beta + cities these days according to GaWC

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2012

Old 01-30-2014, 07:36 AM

229 posts, read 304,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Seems that Houston and Dallas are both Beta + cities these days according to GaWC

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2012
We are in good company in that category, but not quite sure how Atlanta, Boston, Miami, would rank higher than our cities. We either need to be bumped up a notch, or they need to be bumped down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas