Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Post Hole Digger View Post
Not only is this true about Houston, it actually has been so for many years. Still, this Trinity Grove concept is indeed a game changer. When piecing together the interior designs of these restaurants, owners won't have to drive very far to get to the Dallas Design district. Just piecing together the 80 acres of property for the development was a monumental task. In fact, during construction of the iconic bridge, interested developers in the potential of West Dallas were shocked that the best positioned properties were already snapped up.
That sounds great to development geeks, but I don't think great Chefs or food critics will warm to the idea of a business incubator as a means to develop fine dinning. It just doesn't sound like something that will incubate a unique dinning experience, the focus seems to be more on the business side of the equation. Great Chefs will not need to resort to this type of financing to spur interest in their food. I do see more successful franchises that will generate good profits but nothing special. We will see

Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-8m0ZedXPj4

I always liked this approach to DT Houston from the south !

Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
You just make it sooo obvious that you doubt houston on alot of things. if you didnt you wouldnt have to name everything houston has just because someone mentions Dallas......Highway interchanges are nothing to brag about....oh but houston has 10...it should have more than that.....
doubt what about Houston?
and why should Houston have more than 10 5-stack interchanges when no other city in the WORLD has 10 5-stacks?
youre delusional dallasboi.. how many times do i have to point out this is a VS thread. sheesh, im being ridiculed for responding in a manner in which the OP intended..?

Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 PM

17 posts, read 38,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
That sounds great to development geeks, but I don't think great Chefs or food critics will warm to the idea of a business incubator as a means to develop fine dinning. It just doesn't sound like something that will incubate a unique dinning experience, the focus seems to be more on the business side of the equation. Great Chefs will not need to resort to this type of financing to spur interest in their food. I do see more successful franchises that will generate good profits but nothing special. We will see
Indeed, wholesale business is that way. But from the point of the view of the consumer, this development seems something like a theme park.

And the greatest chefs aren't always recognized as such. This concept not only will allow any chef in the world to present their menu of dishes to be put into a restaurant, but will pay them beyond that if it is franchised.

Or, think of it this way. The restaurants of the greatest chefs typically start off as upscale. In the case of these experimental and original foods, that determination will have yet to be determined. The restauranteur investors are going to help the burgeoning chefs make that determination. So, the development will be a bargain for customers who choose to eat at a restaurant within the district.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
doubt what about Houston?
and why should Houston have more than 10 5-stack interchanges when no other city in the WORLD has 10 5-stacks?
youre delusional dallasboi.. how many times do i have to point out this is a VS thread. sheesh, im being ridiculed for responding in a manner in which the OP intended..?
You are right!!!...This IS a vs thread so the right response (since you had to) would have been to top my video from a houstons standpoint. ......nobody cares about how many highway interchanges a city has. ....You always go the wrong path in discussions ....bad comprehension. .....just like all the unplanned mediocre developments in Houston.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:51 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
That's one writers opinion, but maybe?

Whether or not it is actually "more diverse" is not the point. The point is it, (Houston restaurant scene) is in the national conversation when talking about , lets say "top tier" Restaurant cities, and is not seen as this wasteland of Podunk franchises as you seem to see it..
Considering how well traveled and known he is, that's a pretty large statement to make.

I never quite said that exactly.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=-8m0ZedXPj4

I always liked this approach to DT Houston from the south !
Houston's freeways dont look wide on that video.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Houston's freeways dont look wide on that video.
LOL Didn't you just smack TT for nitpicking a video instead of posting a counter video ? That smacks of doubt boi ?

Just to humor you 288 is an older freeway at this point, didn't you see the pop up notes in the video about all the good stuff to come on 288 ? Oh yea and the dig the video takes when he compares TMC to DT Dallas...

Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 PM

577 posts, read 512,098 times
Great vid, thanks for posting. It reminds me of why I don't mind driving in Houston, the roads and the layout makes so much sense. When I go to Dallas it's a nightmare figuring out the highways. I prefer loops that completely circle a city and have the same highway number the entire stretch. The last time I was in Dallas and got to the west end of 635, I had no idea which of the several numbered freeway choices to take to my destination.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Great vid, thanks for posting. It reminds me of why I don't mind driving in Houston, the roads and the layout makes so much sense. When I go to Dallas it's a nightmare figuring out the highways. I prefer loops that completely circle a city and have the same highway number the entire stretch. The last time I was in Dallas and got to the west end of 635, I had no idea which of the several numbered freeway choices to take to my destination.
I like that too. All of the freeways pretty much stay straight and both loops are complete rectangles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas