Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Trinity River projects (both used as flood protection projects):

Dallas = parks, greenspace, new (overpriced) bridges/tolls, trails, nature center

Fort Worth = Urban Lake, canals, River Walks, creation of a new Uptown area/island... basically expanding downtown to twice its size.

Fort Worth's Trinity River project seems better and more vital probably because it's much more needed than what Dallas is doing. Dallas already has plenty and building at a faster rate, so comparatively, they really don't NEED to do anything with the Trinity. They just are because... that's just what Dallas does.

Fort Worth is pretty much revitalizing 17 neighborhoods in the city, and the area directly north of downtown is one of them. West 7th and the Near Southside are also part of those revitalized neighborhoods that are currently transforming or have already transformed, successfully.

I really think Near southside is getting ready to really take off. Over 575 apartments are proposed for that area and the hospital district is booming. I think this area has the chance to be the most unique and hip part of town.

Star-Telegram.com - News, sports & weather for Fort Worth, TX

Old 04-23-2014, 10:57 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I really think Near southside is getting ready to really take off. Over 575 apartments are proposed for that area and the hospital district is booming. I think this area has the chance to be the most unique and hip part of town.

Star-Telegram.com - News, sports & weather for Fort Worth, TX
Few more projects coming along. That part of Main Street is also supposed to take off soon...

Old 04-26-2014, 10:53 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
*Klyde Warren Park......Enuff said.
Really?

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 04-26-2014 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 04-26-2014, 11:16 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Really?
yep. KW just got name dropped.. as if they didnt use a park in Houston to draw inspiration from.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
yep. KW just got name dropped.. as if they didnt use a park in Houston to draw inspiration from.
It was the "Enuff said" part that I lol'd at.

I've been there. It's a nice city park... But it's not special or anything.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
It was the "Enuff said" part that I lol'd at.

I've been there. It's a nice city park... But it's not special or anything.
It is a very nice park, and I've enjoyed my visits to it each time. It's just nothing unique or original. They basically took Phoenix's deck park idea and built a smaller version of Houston's Discovery Green on top.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:52 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
Quote:
It is a very nice park, and I've enjoyed my visits to it each time. It's just nothing unique or original. They basically took Phoenix's deck park idea and built a smaller version of Houston's Discovery Green on top.
Please tell me what city doesn't get something from another city and incorporate it into its design?

For example: The Wilds of Africa at the Dallas Zoo had the world's first exhibit to include every major habitat of an entire continent. Now, many zoos around the world have the same concept.

Old 04-26-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Please tell me what city doesn't get something from another city and incorporate it into its design?

For example: The Wilds of Africa at the Dallas Zoo had the world's first exhibit to include every major habitat of an entire continent. Now, many zoos around the world have the same concept.
I never said anything was wrong about it. I'm just tired of it being hyped like some innovative worlds first in design.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
I've heard this statement before and I've corrected it before. The Woodall Rodgers freeway was designed and built in the early 1960s for a park over that section. Unfortunately, it didn't get built until now for a number of reasons. The Papago freeway tunnel & park in Phoenix came about decades later and was fortunately able to incorporate the park earlier than Dallas.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:17 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Parks are made for people to enjoy themselves .......and thats what you did....what else is important?...KWP is always worth name dropping because its very successful. And since its successful then its not hype. I guess you was expecting a dinosaur to walk through for it to be name worthy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas