Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 01:43 PM

6,689 posts, read 9,935,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I believe they said the tallest "concrete" building west of the Mississippi.
No, they said the tallest concrete structure.

Structure and building are two different things.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:50 PM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
No, they said the tallest concrete structure.

Structure and building are two different things.
OK but the tallest concrete "structure" is not necessarily the tallest structure of any kind is it?

You can have a steel building or structure that is taller, right

My point is when they said it was going to be the tallest concrete structure west of the Mississippi they were not claiming that it was going to be the tallest building west of the Mississippi, were they?

Old 05-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
OK but the tallest concrete "structure" is not necessarily the tallest structure of any kind is it?

You can have a steel building or structure that is taller, right

My point is when they said it was going to be the tallest concrete structure west of the Mississippi they were not claiming that it was going to be the tallest building west of the Mississippi, were they?
The tallest concrete structure is the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas, which is 1,149 ft and happens to be the tallest structure west of the Mississippi.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:20 PM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
The tallest concrete structure is the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas, which is 1,149 ft and happens to be the tallest structure west of the Mississippi.
Maybe at this time but by the time that building gets built another building will have already exceeded it.

The latest addition to the Los Angeles skyline — the New Wilshire Grand, the tallest structure to be built west of the Mississippi — takes a major step forward Saturday when more than 2,000 truckloads of concrete are driven through downtown for what is being billed as the world's largest continuous concrete pour.

They'll be pouring it on at New Wilshire Grand site - Los Angeles Times

There is a reason they specifically state "tallest concrete" so as not to claim the tallest of any kind..Get it

Old 05-04-2014, 02:49 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
I seriously doubt those two buildings will be built. Even the "photos" of them are generic.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Maybe at this time but by the time that building gets built another building will have already exceeded it.

The latest addition to the Los Angeles skyline — the New Wilshire Grand, the tallest structure to be built west of the Mississippi — takes a major step forward Saturday when more than 2,000 truckloads of concrete are driven through downtown for what is being billed as the world's largest continuous concrete pour.

They'll be pouring it on at New Wilshire Grand site - Los Angeles Times

There is a reason they specifically state "tallest concrete" so as not to claim the tallest of any kind..Get it
I already know about that, but it won't be taller than the Stratosphere.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:54 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I seriously doubt those two buildings will be built. Even the "photos" of them are generic.
THIS. It's clear not much money was spent on the renderings/design. Not to mention.. 1300 additional condos in downtown? I've heard only a small percentage of Museum Tower is sold, after like 2 years.. And the Beat lofts apparently remain empty. Not to mention the influx of other residential units hitting the market downtown in a few years like the Elm Place tower conversion, ect.
This project just doesn't seem likely unless parts of the towers have office and hotel components as well. Even then, it doesn't seem likely..

Old 05-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
THIS. It's clear not much money was spent on the renderings/design. Not to mention.. 1300 additional condos in downtown? I've heard only a small percentage of Museum Tower is sold, after like 2 years.. And the Beat lofts apparently remain empty. Not to mention the influx of other residential units hitting the market downtown in a few years like the Elm Place tower conversion, ect.
This project just doesn't seem likely unless parts of the towers have office and hotel components as well. Even then, it doesn't seem likely..
Museum Tower has million dollar condos....the average person cannot afford it. That has a lot to do with it not selling out. Like I said, if these apartments are affordable, it will sell out. There's a demand for apartments in the core.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:03 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
It's called a proposal guys. They need to get an o.k. from the city of Dallas first to develop on what's currently urban park land. Why would you pay a firm an X amount of money for renderings when you can't even have permission to build on the land. When and if the city gives them an ok than expect to see more realistic drawings.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
It's called a proposal guys. They need to get an o.k. from the city of Dallas first to develop on what's currently urban park land. Why would you pay a firm an X amount of money for renderings when you can't even have permission to build on the land. When and if the city gives them an ok than expect to see more realistic drawings.
Exactly!

I would have did the same thing if it was me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas