Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 AM

10 posts, read 27,763 times

Advertisements

We left Texas for better employment opportunities, a change of climate, and people. We recently moved back because of the downturn in the economy. I am not a native Texan, and in all honesty hope to leave again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfjr View Post
We left Texas for better employment opportunities, a change of climate, and people. We recently moved back because of the downturn in the economy. I am not a native Texan, and in all honesty hope to leave again.

Exactly! I have been discouraging people from moving here, mainly because it's difficult applying for jobs out of state, making it near impossible to get out of the state once you move into it.

I even know a native Texan that wants out so badly, but nobody will hire him from out of state. He can't afford to just up and leave and move to a state not knowing if he will be hired of not. He has a family and needs to make sure he has insurance for his kids. He is really frustrated.

Nobody moves to Texas because they want to, it's because as you stated, downturn of the economy. It won't stay this way forever and many people will be leaving.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:30 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Exactly! I have been discouraging people from moving here, mainly because it's difficult applying for jobs out of state, making it near impossible to get out of the state once you move into it.

I even know a native Texan that wants out so badly, but nobody will hire him from out of state. He can't afford to just up and leave and move to a state not knowing if he will be hired of not. He has a family and needs to make sure he has insurance for his kids. He is really frustrated.

Nobody moves to Texas because they want to, it's because as you stated, downturn of the economy. It won't stay this way forever and many people will be leaving.
Am I to assume that you know everybody???

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Am I to assume that you know everybody???

Don't have to.. public opinion.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,683,952 times
exactly....just an opinion.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:02 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
Quote:
To say nobody is a stretch though. Sure you don't like Texas and didn't want to move here, but others do. You can't speak for everyone else.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
I know quite a few people who moved to Texas because they wanted to. And love it. They would constitute "public opinion" as well. Just as valid as yours.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:39 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,939,956 times
I had to leave when I was young and parents got transferred. Got out of that state and went to another one for college.

I'll be back as soon as I graduate.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 PM

Texas is like black liquorice you either love it or hate it.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
To say nobody is a stretch though. Sure you don't like Texas and didn't want to move here, but others do. You can't speak for everyone else.
EXACTLY! I know PLENTY of people that moved to Texas because they like it and never plan on leaving.

Saw this quote the other day and thought about some of the negative people:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

No place, NO PLACE is perfect. Not one single place on the face of this earth is perfect. It is up to each individual to find happiness no matter where their feet are planted at that time in life. This quote was put on a friends facebook the other day. She lost her husband unexpectedly this summer and they have two young children. She has the most wonderful outgoing always happy outlook on life and she has PLENTY of reasons to be negative IF she let it all get to her. She has chosen to see the positive in everything that has been handed to her and in return gets a much blessed life out of everything she does and her wonderful LARGE circle of friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas