U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 PM

4 posts, read 7,792 times
Default somewhere between Dallas and Richardson

Our family is considering a move from Eastern US to TX. One family member would be working in Dallas and another one would be working in Richardson. What would be a logical area to look into for housing? We like wide open spaces. Have two kiddos and don't like traffic (at least one of us doesn't). A nice quiet small town would be nice. Am I asking the impossible?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 AM

1,672 posts, read 4,236,089 times
What kind of driving commute would you consider? I would definitely suggest looking north, but are you wanting a rural area where you can have several acres or more suburban. I live in Plano which i love. Moderator cut: soliciting

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-03-2008 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Soliciting is not permitted per ToS

Old 09-24-2008, 02:49 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,936,878 times
Victor is correct. More info would be needed. A price range helps too as well as where in Dallas you will be working? downtown? It's pretty spread out, so that would help to direct you. Age of kids for schools?

Naima

Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 AM

6,487 posts, read 10,126,808 times
Dallas and Richardson border each other, and this isn't a rural area. The nearest "small towns" will be a significant drive away from both places. Also, where in Dallas will one person be working? It is a big town, and there is a lot of geographic difference between North Dallas and downtown Dallas.

I aggree we need more info. Price range will be a key here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas