U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM

779 posts, read 1,402,409 times
it's like texahoma or oklatexas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 PM

36,002 posts, read 18,726,675 times
Default But They Have To Slow Down In OK

Yeah, there are a lot of them up there. It's not just college and university students, but definitely travelers, truckers, and even some couriers, a few of them dispatched from the very office in which I work. And there are also a lot of Oklahoma state troopers waiting near the state line just so they can catch some unsuspecting Texan speeding across the line while forgetting that Oklahoma is a "no-tolerance" state. They see the Texas license plates and they're ready to jump.

Really.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 PM

5,069 posts, read 5,614,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of them up there. It's not just college and university students, but definitely travelers, truckers, and even some couriers, a few of them dispatched from the very office in which I work. And there are also a lot of Oklahoma state troopers waiting near the state line just so they can catch some unsuspecting Texan speeding across the line while forgetting that Oklahoma is a "no-tolerance" state. They see the Texas license plates and they're ready to jump.
Really.
I once took a wrong fork on my way to Amarillo and after awhile, I noticed the speed limit sign was 75 mph. I was thinking to myself, there's something wrong, here... I said something and someone in the back said, you're right, we are in Oklahoma! It was awhile before I found a place to turn around, and I had to pay the toll twice -- one going and one coming back ... then I had to go all the way back to Wichita Falls.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Really.
Oh my goodness, I could not agree with you more. Oklahoma state troopers are like roaches, there's too many of them and they just love pulling over Texans (where is the love?) and Oklahoman and whoever else they want to pull over for, you guessed it, speeding. I do not know what is the deal but something has got to give. I love how the Texas license plates look and of course, so do Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

All I can say is be careful my fellow Texans, because one day I be living in Texas, and want to drive down to Oklahoma (with my Texas tags) to visit my folks.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM

5,069 posts, read 5,614,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Oh my goodness, I could not agree with you more. Oklahoma state troopers are like roaches, there's too many of them and they just love pulling over Texans (where is the love?) and Oklahoman and whoever else they want to pull over for, you guessed it, speeding. I do not know what is the deal but something has got to give. I love how the Texas license plates look and of course, so do Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

All I can say is be careful my fellow Texans, because one day I be living in Texas, and want to drive down to Oklahoma (with my Texas tags) to visit my folks.
There are a few places in Texas where they'll be more than happy to pass out green stamps...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 PM

Oh Lord! I am currently watching to news and Oklahoma State Troopers on U.S. Highway 75 in Tulsa will pull over speeders speeding in construction lanes and will give you a $1,000 fine and will add points to your records which could add more fines. This is due to many OU fans traveling to Texas to watch the big Bedlam match. That is a testament that police in Oklahoma do not play. It's insane. (clears throat) Go Texas! (clears throat again)

Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Oh Lord! I am currently watching to news and Oklahoma State Troopers on U.S. Highway 75 in Tulsa will pull over speeders speeding in construction lanes and will give you a $1,000 fine and will add points to your records which could add more fines. This is due to many OU fans traveling to Texas to watch the big Bedlam match. That is a testament that police in Oklahoma do not play. It's insane. (clears throat) Go Texas! (clears throat again)
Excuse me, but I meant to say the "Red River Shootout."

Last edited by autotech4dallas; 10-10-2008 at 09:01 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 AM

1,297 posts, read 2,871,190 times
Yay, Red River Shootout! At least us regular folks still call it that. I just saw again on the news this morning "Red River Rivalry". Sheesh! Why change a good thing? Damn PC police!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Yay, Red River Shootout! At least us regular folks still call it that. I just saw again on the news this morning "Red River Rivalry". Sheesh! Why change a good thing? Damn PC police!
I am afraid of the police in Oklahoma. Because of this, I only drive 5 over the limit or just the limit and do all that I can to keep a clean driving record and pray that the police in Oklahoma do not pull me over for anything.

Last edited by autotech4dallas; 10-10-2008 at 07:39 PM..

Old 10-10-2008, 08:41 PM

36,002 posts, read 18,726,675 times
Quote:
I am afraid of the police in Oklahoma. Because of this, I only drive 5 over the limit or just the limit and do all that I can to keep a clean driving record and pray that the police in Oklahoma do not pull me over for anything.

I won't even do 1 over unless I'm desperately having to pass somebody on the left. Otherwise, I try to go five below.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas