U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 PM

779 posts, read 1,425,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
We will my friend, we will - need to get my Texas fix somehow dont I!? Its an addiction, really!
I hear ya. I am so transfixed on this Texas thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 06:05 PM

250 posts, read 276,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Things I love about Texas: (even though I'm not away from the state)

** winters, snow, ice, and the temperatures when they're in the 30s

** pouring down rain that lasts for a long time (without severity)

** long-range views (I don't like to be enclosed and am grateful that I can see for miles and miles from my back door).

** from my back door, viewing the cattle and/or horses

** rural areas without hustle and bustle

** wildflowers and blossoming fruit trees

** seeing deer, raccoons, armadillos, road runners, opossums, and fireflies

** running and swimming with the dogs at the lake when not a soul is in sight ~ only noise may be of nature (wind rustling leaves, birds chirping, dogs splashing in the water) or the occasional sound of a motor boat

** clean country air

** leaves turning in autumn

** cool Spring days when the leaves are coming out and are in every shade of green imaginable

** stunning sunrises and sunsets especially in the country

** sitting in the backyard on a clear night with the stars shining brightly, something very soothing to the soul

** Mr. Moon when he is so full and bright

** satisfaction that I can purchase all I need in my rural country town and never having to face the mobs at Wal*Mart or worse
I think I'm in love!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,023 posts, read 7,758,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowHorse View Post
I think I'm in love!
It's not hard to fall in love with Texas!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:28 PM

1,061 posts, read 2,220,056 times
Hey my fellow Texas lovers! I just wanted to let y'all know that I just registered for the San Antonio rock 'n' roll marathon in November '09. That way, even if we haven't been able to make our move yet, I'll get my little Texas fix anyway. If you register by December 15 and enter HOLIDAY in the promo box at checkout, you'll get $10 off! Just go to Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon and Half Marathon 2009 - San Antonio Texas to register. Maybe it seems crazy, but if Katie Holmes and Oprah can run a marathon, then doggone it, so can I! I'll draw my inspiration from the Alamo . See ya there!

Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 AM

194 posts, read 290,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Hey my fellow Texas lovers! I just wanted to let y'all know that I just registered for the San Antonio rock 'n' roll marathon in November '09. That way, even if we haven't been able to make our move yet, I'll get my little Texas fix anyway.
Good for you dweej!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:32 AM

130 posts, read 233,186 times
Default Texas lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Hey my fellow Texas lovers! I just wanted to let y'all know that I just registered for the San Antonio rock 'n' roll marathon in November '09. That way, even if we haven't been able to make our move yet, I'll get my little Texas fix anyway. If you register by December 15 and enter HOLIDAY in the promo box at checkout, you'll get $10 off! Just go to Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon and Half Marathon 2009 - San Antonio Texas to register. Maybe it seems crazy, but if Katie Holmes and Oprah can run a marathon, then doggone it, so can I! I'll draw my inspiration from the Alamo . See ya there!
Good for you dweej...wish I could join you! I hope you are moved and settled in Texas just in time for this marathon. That is a great goal to prepare for. This forum helps me alot while I am waiting to move. The other things I've done is call the chamber of commerce in the various towns I'm interested in...they send out so much info. I have had subscriptions to all kinds of Texas magazines, such as Texas Highways and Fort Worth, The Magazine. Travel Tex has a yearly guide that you can order for free. When I start getting homesick for Texas I have a whole arsenal of stuff to get me by.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
Good for you dweej...wish I could join you! I hope you are moved and settled in Texas just in time for this marathon. That is a great goal to prepare for. This forum helps me alot while I am waiting to move. The other things I've done is call the chamber of commerce in the various towns I'm interested in...they send out so much info. I have had subscriptions to all kinds of Texas magazines, such as Texas Highways and Fort Worth, The Magazine. Travel Tex has a yearly guide that you can order for free. When I start getting homesick for Texas I have a whole arsenal of stuff to get me by.
Me too! I have a subscription to Texas Monthly! LOL. Good idea about the Travel Tex guide. Im going to sign up for that! Glad this forum is helping! Im so suprised at the reaction to it. I set it up to help myself and autotech through the wait to move, I had no idea it would be so popular! Thanks everyone! Yeeeehaaaaaaa!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:52 AM

130 posts, read 233,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
Me too! I have a subscription to Texas Monthly! LOL. Good idea about the Travel Tex guide. Im going to sign up for that! Glad this forum is helping! Im so suprised at the reaction to it. I set it up to help myself and autotech through the wait to move, I had no idea it would be so popular! Thanks everyone! Yeeeehaaaaaaa!
Thanks again senoritacharlene for starting this thread. It will be neat when we are all on the "other side" of the waiting to move scenario. We can start a new thread about our move to Texas experiences . Get the Travel Tex guide, it is really nice and in full color. You can get the 2008 edition now, but the 2009 one is right around the corner.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
Thanks again senoritacharlene for starting this thread. It will be neat when we are all on the "other side" of the waiting to move scenario. We can start a new thread about our move to Texas experiences . Get the Travel Tex guide, it is really nice and in full color. You can get the 2008 edition now, but the 2009 one is right around the corner.
Ha, I actually just went onto the TravelTex website and realised that I actually already have the 2008 guide! lol. We will definitely have to start another thread when we are all there!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas