U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM

379 posts, read 1,072,573 times
Great thread!!I miss Texas too esp. the Panhandle and South Plains where I'm from.I miss the dirt that was freshly plowed up before planting season,long seemed to go for miles of corn fields.growning up in Plainview I used to go dumpter diving as a kid and found neat stuff,I miss the old gibson store on Olton rd,the mister burger on 24st....and pizza inn.....the twin driveinns...the granada theatre...that you could see the stars at nite so clear!!...How I miss Texas...Lord I can't wait to get back!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM

194 posts, read 260,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I'll try to conjure up a John Wayne doing a Texas drawl...

Well, little darlin', we'll just make you an honorary Texan right here and right now. All you got to do hold up one hand, in a fist, with the index and little finger extended upward, thumb on the middle two fingers and swear the oath...

\m/

Hook 'Em Horns
Im already a Longhorns fan! Been following it closely this season! Cant get every game in Spain though unfortunately Did get chance to watch this past Saturday though as I was in Houston. Wish I could watch every game!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:37 PM

779 posts, read 1,372,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
What a great thread!
My list...

1. Honky Tonks serving up cold Lone Stars or Shiners.
2. That Lone Star flag waving in all her glory.
3. Country music the way it should sound-Hank, Sr., Haggard, Jones, Cash
4. Dance halls with those large wooden dance floors to 2 step across! Gruene Hall, The Broken Spoke....
5. The friendliness of everyone.
6. The great HOT weather!
7. The Alamo
8. The Riverwalk
9. The Ft.Worth Stockyards
10. Town Lake (Lady Bird Lake) in Austin
11. Kerbey Lane Cafe pancakes!
12. Chicken Sh*t Bingo at Ginny's in Austin every Sunday afternoon.
13. Tubing the rivers
14. Great BBQ
15. Going out and seeing a sea of cowboy hats, boots and tight wranglers!

I could add more, but I'm tired...just got home from work!
Yes ma'am, step number six on your list is one of many reasons why I love Texas!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
Im already a Longhorns fan! Been following it closely this season! Cant get every game in Spain though unfortunately Did get chance to watch this past Saturday though as I was in Houston. Wish I could watch every game!
This weekend, the longhorns play the school that I am currently attending, OSU. Should be an interesting game.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
This weekend, the longhorns play the school that I am currently attending, OSU. Should be an interesting game.
Glad to see UT undefeated!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
Great thread!!I miss Texas too esp. the Panhandle and South Plains where I'm from.I miss the dirt that was freshly plowed up before planting season,long seemed to go for miles of corn fields.growning up in Plainview I used to go dumpter diving as a kid and found neat stuff,I miss the old gibson store on Olton rd,the mister burger on 24st....and pizza inn.....the twin driveinns...the granada theatre...that you could see the stars at nite so clear!!...How I miss Texas...Lord I can't wait to get back!!!
Welcome Diamond Dee! Glad you like the thread! Nice to have your input. When will you get back to Texas?

Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoritacharlene View Post
Glad to see UT undefeated!
Sure enough, they beat OSU and I am sure that my classmates are pretty bummed and probably cussing me out, lol.

Dallas also won their games again Tampa Bay, which was good. Can't wain to see Romo play again.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM

379 posts, read 1,072,573 times
senoritacharlene,hola from Kentucky!!yes I plan to get back to Tejas in 2009.I have family and roots their and thats not changing anytime soon.So your from Spain and you want to be a Texan?I think we can all accept that.I'm, also a cowboys fan glad they won their game.Texas vrs.Texas Tech should be a great game!!I'm a Red raiders fan but like the Longhorns too.I also like the Titans{houston oilers}glad they won last nite.And can't leave out the Houston Texans too.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 PM

1,297 posts, read 2,812,325 times
Aren't the Titans undefeated? I didn't know this before but the Titans have kept the history and heritage of the Oilers.

Luv ya Blue!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,470,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
Aren't the Titans undefeated? I didn't know this before but the Titans have kept the history and heritage of the Oilers.

Luv ya Blue!
I miss the Oilers! I wished they'd stayed in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas