Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM

1,298 posts, read 4,286,056 times

Advertisements

MissDaisy, are you in Texas now? Your location says northern CA but you describe tall pines in your backyard. Or maybe you're talking about the house where your tenants live now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 05:35 PM

684 posts, read 2,109,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies49 View Post
MissDaisy, are you in Texas now? Your location says northern CA but you describe tall pines in your backyard. Or maybe you're talking about the house where your tenants live now?
Hi Blueskies49! The house with the tall tall pines is our home we purchased in Conroe TX, and for tax reasons have it leased to a really terrific couple til 2009 or 2010...really just until we can sell our CA house...

Sure wish we were in Texas now!! We were actually there just this month, and every time it gets harder and harder to leave...but we hope to be resident Texans soon!!!!!

...as for the tall tall pines....when we bought the house April of this year we had 11...after Ike passed directly overhead...now we are down to 9 ...but it is okay, since we really didn't like how one of them was situated on the lot...and apparentely God agreed with us!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM

779 posts, read 2,246,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
Hi Blueskies49! The house with the tall tall pines is our home we purchased in Conroe TX, and for tax reasons have it leased to a really terrific couple til 2009 or 2010...really just until we can sell our CA house...

Sure wish we were in Texas now!! We were actually there just this month, and every time it gets harder and harder to leave...but we hope to be resident Texans soon!!!!!

...as for the tall tall pines....when we bought the house April of this year we had 11...after Ike passed directly overhead...now we are down to 9 ...but it is okay, since we really didn't like how one of them was situated on the lot...and apparentely God agreed with us!
That is exactly why I am afraid to "visit" Texas again. Because when I leave, I will . The very next time I hit Texas ground, it will be to kiss it (oh yes, I said it!) and to permanently live there.

I do wish you all the best on your future move to Texas, MissDaisy.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
That is exactly why I am afraid to "visit" Texas again. Because when I leave, I will . The very next time I hit Texas ground, it will be to kiss it (oh yes, I said it!) and to permanently live there.

I do wish you all the best on your future move to Texas, MissDaisy.
Thanks autotech4dallas!

We are just p-r-a-y-i-n-g we can sell our CA home this spring 09 for an
"acceptable" amount (we don't need to sell for anything close to the stupid money of 2005....but are hoping for our (very reasonable) number to pull our dreams of Texas into our reality!!!

if any of you wish to send up prayers as well...that would be truly appreciated!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks autotech4dallas!

"acceptable" amount (we don't need to sell for anything close to the stupid money of 2005....but are hoping for our (very reasonable) number to pull our dreams of Texas into our reality!!!

if any of you wish to send up prayers as well...that would be truly appreciated!!!
I definitely send my prayers to you and I know that living in California is hard. Good luck on your sale on your house and I know that if it is in God's plan for you to sell you house and move to Texas (I am sure that it is), it shall come to pass sooner or later.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I definitely send my prayers to you and I know that living in California is hard. Good luck on your sale on your house and I know that if it is in God's plan for you to sell you house and move to Texas (I am sure that it is), it shall come to pass sooner or later.
Thank you!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Thank you!!!
You're welcome, MissDaisy!

Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 PM

130 posts, read 348,083 times
Default Future Texan

Quote:
Thanks autotech4dallas!

Miss Daisy, I will gladly pray for you concerning the sale of your home in California. Would you please pray for my family as well? We have a business and a home to sell before we can move to Texas. I know it is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. God knows the right timing. I am learning to exercise PATIENCE as I wait on Him to open the door for us to leave.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2happy View Post
Miss Daisy, I will gladly pray for you concerning the sale of your home in California. Would you please pray for my family as well? We have a business and a home to sell before we can move to Texas. I know it is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. God knows the right timing. I am learning to exercise PATIENCE as I wait on Him to open the door for us to leave.
Oh, boy, 2happy, do I understand your situation!! Just when we thought we had things under control..BAM ! ..this whole mess you and I never started, contributed to, or were remotely responsible for in any way has hit our families' otherwise well thought out plans HARD !!!

I agree completely that God knows the right timing, and will open the door, or else He would have never brought us to this place...he doesn't rip the rug out from under us for sport! (that's the OTHER GUY'S job!!! )

and patience is so hard, isn't it? Especially if you are worried...hang in there..we are...I always say that the further you are in to a problem...be happy, because that means you are closer to the resolution..

2HAPPY--I WOULD BE HONORED TO PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..even if you never said one for us.....though I know you will....and I suspect you already have...as I have for you!!

Love, MissDaisy

maybe if we all did this..and let the individual members know it was happening? We would have strength together...
...thanks in advance....

Last edited by MissDaisy; 11-18-2008 at 11:20 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Please include me in on the prayers going upward! I will say prayers for all of you as well.

I am trying to sell my house in PA so I can move to Austin. It's been on the market for almost 4 months and not one single offer. It is priced appropriately. I won't be making a dime off of it when I sell. It's a shame actually because I put a new roof on last Fall and did a complete remodel of the kitchen and DR--over $25,000.00 remodel and I won't recoup any of the cost of that remodel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas