Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Now you see what Fort Worthians have to deal with but they will be eating their words when that Fort Worth Trinity River Project is complete. All the companies looking to relocate will pick Fort Worth over Dallas. Not to mention Arlington is developing a more urban atmosphere around the new Cowboy’s stadium. The layout of Downtown Fort Worth connecting with uptown, west and 7th, and the cultural district has the potential to set it apart from any other city in the region. Regardless of what the Dallasites think Fort Worth has definitely made tremendous strides between 2000-2010.
I read an article last night, even though Fort Worth doesn't have any new ideas for it's downtown skyline, i read a very intriguing article that says it will be paying more attention to that mid this decade. Fort Worth certainly deserves an Austin style boom, and it's only a matter of time till that happens. Let me search up the article again and get it out to you guys.

I'm not knocking Dallas, but there's a reason why Fort Worth's downtown is livelier than Houston and Dallas.

What does the Trinity River Project have going for it? I have heard of the project so much, but I never looked into detail of what it's going to do. Please let me know, I'm interested in more information about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 04:25 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I read an article last night, even though Fort Worth doesn't have any new ideas for it's downtown skyline, i read a very intriguing article that says it will be paying more attention to that mid this decade. Fort Worth certainly deserves an Austin style boom, and it's only a matter of time till that happens. Let me search up the article again and get it out to you guys.

I'm not knocking Dallas, but there's a reason why Fort Worth's downtown is livelier than Houston and Dallas.

What does the Trinity River Project have going for it? I have heard of the project so much, but I never looked into detail of what it's going to do. Please let me know, I'm interested in more information about that.

So Fort Worth deserves an Austin boom and not Dallas??

You are knocking Dallas. Downtown Fort Worth is for stupid rednecks, Downtown Dallas is for sophisticated people. Dallas has a lot more downtown to do, and is classy.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
So Fort Worth deserves an Austin boom and not Dallas??

You are knocking Dallas. Downtown Fort Worth is for stupid rednecks, Downtown Dallas is for sophisticated people. Dallas has a lot more downtown to do, and is classy.
Dallas already has a skyline and already had a boom in the 70-80's. Give someone else a chance.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:45 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,476 times
Quote:
Dallas already has a skyline and already had a boom in the 70-80's. Give someone else a chance.

Why?? All Fort Worth wants to do is surpass Dallas in population. Look at all that it already claims to have.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Now you see what Fort Worthians have to deal with but they will be eating their words when that Fort Worth Trinity River Project is complete. All the companies looking to relocate will pick Fort Worth over Dallas. Not to mention Arlington is developing a more urban atmosphere around the new Cowboy’s stadium. The layout of Downtown Fort Worth connecting with uptown, west and 7th, and the cultural district has the potential to set it apart from any other city in the region. Regardless of what the Dallasites think Fort Worth has definitely made tremendous strides between 2000-2010.
I agree with you on how far ft.worth has come.....But dallas' current projects(deck park,Hunt bridge,Nature &science museum,Convention ctr Hotel,Performance Hall)will put dallas EVEN MORE ahead of ft.worth and they havent even started any of the projects u listed....all of the dallas projects i listed are currently under construction.......THE GAP IS WIDENING...(not that it really matters tho.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Why?? All Fort Worth wants to do is surpass Dallas in population. Look at all that it already claims to have.
Well a skyline is built because tall buildings come together in a district location. What that does is add to density so it would limit sprawl. Fort Worth is probably going to look into doing that soon.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I agree with you on how far ft.worth has come.....But dallas' current projects(deck park,Hunt bridge,Nature &science museum,Convention ctr Hotel,Performance Hall)will put dallas EVEN MORE ahead of ft.worth and they havent even started any of the projects u listed....all of the dallas projects i listed are currently under construction.......THE GAP IS WIDENING...(not that it really matters tho.
For the short term yes, but Fort Worth can make use of it's land and build rapidly. Remember the boom in Miami? Took only 10 years, Dallas isn't scotch free just because it's ahead right now.

How do you think Houston feels? Anyday Dallas can start building more skyscrapers and taller ones than Houston's. You have to be on your toes and watch out all the time. Just because you pull ahead now doesn't mean you let your guard down.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
For the short term yes, but Fort Worth can make use of it's land and build rapidly. Remember the boom in Miami? Took only 10 years, Dallas isn't scotch free just because it's ahead right now.

How do you think Houston feels? Anyday Dallas can start building more skyscrapers and taller ones than Houston's. You have to be on your toes and watch out all the time. Just because you pull ahead now doesn't mean you let your guard down.
No...Dallas has been ahead since the existance of Ft.Worth...now we are just widening the gap...Ft.Worth has never even been close to dallas as far as development.....so when Dallas an Ft.worth decided to work together...it was really a gesture of "if you cant beat em Join em" that ft worth had to adapt to. To me thats the only way Ft.Worth will ever be able to deal with the DFW pissing match.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
You know, I just love how some of you guys are saying that Fort Worth will NEVER pass Dallas in population.

Yeah.... and St. Louis, Cleveland, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia were never going to get passed up by cities like, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, L.A., and Phoenix.

Never say never. It's not impossible, ya know. It'll take a long time, but it could happen..... and it's good to be back after a 2 week absence.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You know, I just love how some of you guys are saying that Fort Worth will NEVER pass Dallas in population.

Yeah.... and St. Louis, Cleveland, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia were never going to get passed up by cities like, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, L.A., and Phoenix.

Never say never. It's not impossible, ya know. It'll take a long time, but it could happen..... and it's good to be back after a 2 week absence.
An optimist i see!!....Good to have you back jjg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas