Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:26 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
And I thought I did such good job on it . (;>(=

"If you think so little of us or we texans, ya know it don't be to far two nu york citty."
"Don't let the door hit you in ass on the way out!"
You missed the whole point. I was referring to one Texan at the time...you, not us or we. As I said, when people talk/post like that, it makes others think all Texans have that mentality and they do not. I get tired of reading how people perceive Texans, but I know there is nothing I can do to stop it.

If it does not bother you, that's great. And thank you for your kindness as you usher me out of state, but I wouldn't choose New York. You are the epitome of no class. Take care.

Last edited by Canine*Castle; 11-08-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
"You kids get off of my yard!"
The sad part is he probably is just a kid, and I'm acting like one. I've probably lived here for more years than he is in age.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,287,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
That just tells you how bad our education system is! LOL
Actually I think Those with a Doctorate or high are 2-1 for McCain...odd...who it changes...
I remember hearing something like that on Some Neo-Con radio station.
But Being red does not hurt Texas...
Really...My whole family puts the Canidate in front of party...come to think of it...they don't have part affiliation, yet they went McCain.
Oh...and my parents have Doctorate Degrees......
One is Mexican the other Chinese...hmm...I said...both McCain...maybe Texas isn't the land of White racist conservative hill billies...maybe its just the land of conservatives...and not even...Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Austin, and I think San Antonio went for Obama.
I know an Openly gay hispanic male who was screaming for McCain, I have a few Vietnamese friends who went for McCain, I know a few African Americans who went for McCain...
All of them graduated high school...

Old 11-08-2008, 08:46 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times
Question ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Actually I think Those with a Doctorate or high are 2-1 for McCain...odd...who it changes...
I remember hearing something like that on Some Neo-Con radio station.
But Being red does not hurt Texas...
Really...My whole family puts the Canidate in front of party...come to think of it...they don't have part affiliation, yet they went McCain.
Oh...and my parents have Doctorate Degrees......
One is Mexican the other Chinese...hmm...I said...both McCain...maybe Texas isn't the land of White racist conservative hill billies...maybe its just the land of conservatives...and not even...Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Austin, and I think San Antonio went for Obama.
I know an Openly gay hispanic male who was screaming for McCain, I have a few Vietnamese friends who went for McCain, I know a few African Americans who went for McCain...
All of them graduated high school...
So what your point in quoting me, On something you think you heard on a supposed talk show?

Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 PM

143 posts, read 415,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Yes we all knew how Texas would vote before the parties named their candidates. Here's how that hurts us.

1. Of the hundreds of millions being spent around the country almost none goes specifically to us. Press corps and campaign staff spending money- Local TV and news papers- paid jobs and way more - we lose out.

2. Anyone who really studies polls or results knows that those who didn't graduate from High School are almost as heavily for McCain as they were for Bush- Look at the cross-tabs on Gallup or any of the major polls. Last I saw McCain led among drop-outs 51-37 and in Texas its going to be a lot higher. Those who have graduated from high school are almost 2-1 for Obama. If this wasn't enough the states with the highest illiteracy are the reddest - Alabama, TX _ Miss - Lou

This hurts in that some companies - some people may not want to come here when they can chose a more middle of the road location. Not everyone likes rednecks and Bush has hurt our reputation severely. The more people who move here and start or bring businesses are better for us.

Having said all this I voted in the GOP primary but for Ron Paul, however I am totally independent and have never voted for all the candidates in just one party.
Guess what? It's the same in reverse here in California. No one comes out here except for some early fund raising, and them the Democrat candidate will come back again and again. Either way, my votes for Ron Paul and Bob Barr (I know, I know, I held my nose when voting for him) didn't do much.

Texan voters aren't alone in being unimportant. We're worthless too.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
The sad part is he probably is just a kid, and I'm acting like one. I've probably lived here for more years than he is in age.
You wouldn't care to make a bet on that would you ???? Here's a hint for you, my kids are older than yours. And I was born here and have always lived here.

Like the song says, "Walk on by, and stand on the corner" if you don't like what I have to say..

And you need to learn how to read.

"If it does not bother you, that's great. And thank you for your kindness as you usher me out of state, but I wouldn't choose New York. You are the epitome of no class. Take care."

The above comments were not made to you! And you wouldn't know class if it looked you in the face.

I have pride in the State of Texas and when someone like the OP puts it down, I WILL SPEAK UP.

Last edited by Houston3; 11-09-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 11-09-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You wouldn't care to make a bet on that would you ???? Here's a hint for you, my kids are older than yours. And I was born here and have always lived here.

Like the song says, "Walk on by, and stand on the corner" if you don't like what I have to say..

And you need to learn how to read.

"If it does not bother you, that's great. And thank you for your kindness as you usher me out of state, but I wouldn't choose New York. You are the epitome of no class. Take care."

The above comments were not made to you! And you wouldn't know class if it looked you in the face.
I don't think I've posted my children's ages, but then again, I may have.

By the way, I love that song.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:40 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I don't think I've posted my children's ages, but then again, I may have.

By the way, I love that song.
I see you have removed them, but at one time you had their ages on your profile..

And I'm sorry if I offend you for standing up for Texas and Texans, but I will do so forever.

And it was and is a good song. (;>)=

Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I see you have removed them, but at one time you had their ages on your profile..

And I'm sorry if I offend you for standing up for Texas and Texans, but I will do so forever.

And it was and is a good song. (;>)=
I believe I did have the ages posted once.

Defending Texas and Texans doesn't offend me; it is sometimes the way people do it, but as I mentioned previously, that isn't any of my business. I will not take the liberty again to try to "correct" anyone. If there are any faults that need to be dealt with, they are faults of my own. I must be accountable for my shortcomings. I truly need to get that through my thick head.

I really need to break my addiction to CD too. I've never been addicted to anything in my life, and now I have to say, "I have an addiction." I don't like that, but I have learned a lot of good things because of it. It's the time I waste posting ******** posts and reading empty posts that is not good. Having said all that, I'm going outside now on this beautiful day to mow my lawn. I hope it's the last time until Spring.

P.S. I'm very glad I live in a red state because it's not hurting me or Texas like the OP stated. I'm ending this post by staying on topic.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:49 PM

79 posts, read 205,511 times
Texas voters are EXTREMELY important as Texas still retains the right to secede from the union. Rest of the USA would be pooched if that happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas