Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,688,878 times

Advertisements

How do you "fracture a thigh". LMAO!!!!

What a bunch of guido's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:45 PM

96 posts, read 208,472 times
I don't like your accent, whatever it is.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,051,440 times
I am a sucker for a British accent----oooh la la

Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,051,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
um....Californians and Floridans don't sound alike.
LMAO you are right no they don't!!! I have lived in both Cali and Fla and there is a definite distinction!!! I will take Cali any day--When I first moved to Fla they said I sounded like a Valley Girl...Have you ever tried to talking to the people from the Florida Pan handle---ooooh brother that is a southern drawl in and of itself I have lived in Fla large percentage of my life and because I don't have a southern draw and am very articulate so many people in this region think I am from NY...I asked one guy why did you think I was from NY--this was in Florida--He was like because you are so confident and articulate. So in other wards Floridians can't be confident or articulate??? BTW I sound NOTHING like a New Yorker

Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 AM

5,542 posts, read 9,440,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
I think it's probably my least favorite.
Easy solution = plug your ears and stay the heck out of Texas (and the rest of the South for that matter).

Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,184,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I hate any accent that makes people sound uneducated, which is most all the strong drawls.
Would you say the same for Doctor Red Duke?

dr red duke - Google Search

Old 03-05-2010, 12:25 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,772,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I would have to say the New England accent is my least favorite. I like a slight southern accent, but just not one of extreme. I prefer a Texas accent to Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama.
I'm from New England and DO NOT have an accent. I'll admit the Boston accent (which is the one you're referring to) is harsh to understand. But most New Englanders pronounce every letter as it's intended. This is why every national newscaster comes from here, you can understand what we're saying.

ps, I didn't meant to rate this positively, I clicked the wrong button.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:56 AM

556 posts, read 1,556,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
I think it's probably my least favorite.
Which one?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,339,500 times
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a Texas accent. I personally find it to be a charming piece of Americana...also, cute girl + Texas accent = wow.

But as far as terrible accents go, NYC is bad...Rhode Island is pretty harsh...but try Western Pennsylvania if you want to hear something awful. The Erie accent is just terrible, it more or less revolves around drawn out long "O" sounds...as in icecream becomes "ooooows-keem". But the real kicker is by far the Pittsburgh accent, or "Pittsburghese". Maybe there's some good youtube videos showing examples of this for all of you to hear, but there is nothing...and I mean NOTHING charming or good about the Pittsburgh accent. It's truly wretched..."Yinzz guyz wants ta' goh daaahhn tahhhhn n' waaaach dem Stiiillerz? Dah Pahrts iz turrrble thiz yeeeahhr, dey kint eben beat Worrrrshington". It's absolutely hideous and makes the most grating NYC accent seem wonderful by comparison, it's an abomination. It's more or less been phased out a bit with younger demographics, the 20 somethings speak normally but toss in a random "yinz" or "younz" every now and then, but the older residents and leftovers from the city's blue collar manufacturing years from decades ago are dripping with this mess of an accent.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 AM

10,238 posts, read 19,513,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Easy solution = plug your ears and stay the heck out of Texas (and the rest of the South for that matter).

You beat me to it, ol' buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas