Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,523,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisy View Post
I personally love the Texas "twang" .....and my least favorite like a previous poster is the New York / New Jersey accent....sounds abrasive and "pushy"

....Do you Texans pick up our California / West Coast accent when you hear us speak? It kinda makes me chuckle when I think that when we are visiting Texas, we hear your accent...but in reality it is US who have an "accent"
there...
Thanks Daisy. What is say is simple truth. The "accent" one has depends on what part of the country they are standing in when they speak it! LOL

If I am in California, or Massachusetts, or Ohio, or Colorado, then it is ME who has the accent. On the other hand? The opposite applies as well!

Unfortunately, many outside Texas/South don't see it that way. You do, however, and I thank you for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 01:43 PM

52,585 posts, read 47,743,181 times
Default And Then, There's This....

My second biggest favorite accent is the Texas twang.

Coming from a female, of course.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,334,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
I think it's probably my least favorite.
:tape :: tape:

Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,766,274 times
I notice that the OP has no further comments. Probably letting his brain flow through his ears, playing his little Nintendo game.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:15 PM

779 posts, read 2,238,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
:tape :: tape:
Goodness, I was pretty surprised myself that the OP would make a thread like this in a Texas forum.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:18 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,334,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
Goodness, I was pretty surprised myself that the OP would make a thread like this in a Texas forum.
Yep...I had to put the smileys up with the tape across their mouths because I might have typed something to make the mods slap my hands ( I try hard to behave and follow the rules--some days it tougher than others)

Old 11-16-2008, 02:20 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,523,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I confess that I actually had a MUCH more "direct" reply in mind when I first read the OP. However, good and basic Texas/Southern manners prevented me from giving vent to it.

I just decided to chalk it up to that, yeah, the party in question was probably just a troll out to provoke. Poor fool. Just don't know no better...

Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I confess that I actually had a MUCH more "direct" reply in mind when I first read the OP. However, good and basic Texas/Southern manners prevented me from giving vent to it.

I just decided to chalk it up to that, yeah, the party in question was probably just a troll out to provoke. Poor fool. Just don't know no better...
I definitely commend you sir, for your Texas/Southern manners. Another aspect that attracted me to the state.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yep...I had to put the smileys up with the tape across their mouths because I might have typed something to make the mods slap my hands ( I try hard to behave and follow the rules--some days it tougher than others)
Lol, yeah I hear ya.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:45 PM

83 posts, read 298,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I notice that the OP has no further comments. Probably letting his brain flow through his ears, playing his little Nintendo game.
I'm sorry, I don't spend every minute on City-Data.com

Actually, I think the Texas one is my second least favorite. My least favorite is when someone has an incredibly thick French/Quebec accent. I cannot understand them, at all. They may as well be speaking gibberish

Also, what's with all the NYC accent mentions? I don't have one, I've never even been to NYC! How come since I'm from NY, I obviously tawk like dis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas