Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 PM

21 posts, read 114,852 times

Advertisements

1. San Antonio hands down, Brooke Army Medical Center, fun city
2. El Paso, change of scenery,
... Last... Killeen old dusty town, nothing to do unless you go out of town (was stationed in Fort Hood for 2 years)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:00 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
about Killeen/Ft Hood, are you kidding me? read my post above yours! goodness, we are on the outskirts of the magnificent hill country. plus there is LOTS to do, as i said in my post!! too much, matter of fact! not enough time to do it all is the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAPO View Post
1. San Antonio hands down, Brooke Army Medical Center, fun city
2. El Paso, change of scenery,
... Last... Killeen old dusty town, nothing to do unless you go out of town (was stationed in Fort Hood for 2 years)

Old 11-26-2008, 11:06 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
about Killeen/Ft Hood, are you kidding me? read my post above yours! goodness, we are on the outskirts of the magnificent hill country. plus there is LOTS to do, as i said in my post!! too much, matter of fact! not enough time to do it all is the problem!
And San Antonio is not?

Old 11-27-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
You can do those same things in San Antonio plus many thousands more. sorry dude Killeen has so much potential with having Fort Hood next door yet it looks like... well you know what it looks like no offense. It's ok if you like traveling alot um...

Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 PM

i dont like Killeen. never said i did. i only go there once in a while to go grocery shopping at Omart or to go to one of the very many ethnic restaurants.
the landscape is absolutely gorgeous in the rural country towns on the outskirts of Ft Hood.
and hey, there are PARTS of Killeen that are absolutely breathtaking-for instance, near the airport-Ivy Mountain Gap Road-wow. or Chapparal Road. or anywhere in Maxdale area of Killeen.
p.s. i am not a dude

Quote:
You can do those same things in San Antonio plus many thousands more. sorry dude Killeen has so much potential with having Fort Hood next door yet it looks like... well you know what it looks like no offense. It's ok if you like traveling alot um...

Old 11-27-2008, 02:22 PM

yes it is...that is why i wouldnt recommend living there, unless in the areas of the town i mentioned.
not a "dude"..you of all people should know that....and you know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle13 View Post
no offense dude but Killeen is a high crime rate ghetto town.

Old 11-27-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
i dont like Killeen. never said i did. i only go there once in a while to go grocery shopping at Omart or to go to one of the very many ethnic restaurants.
the landscape is absolutely gorgeous in the rural country towns on the outskirts of Ft Hood.
and hey, there are PARTS of Killeen that are absolutely breathtaking-for instance, near the airport-Ivy Mountain Gap Road-wow. or Chapparal Road. or anywhere in Maxdale area of Killeen.
p.s. i am not a dude
sorry thought you were a guy... ok, so in your opinion the Killeen area (from Coppers Cove to Temple) is better than San Antonio or El Paso?

San Antonio's offerings:
Sea World
Fiesta Texas
Schlitterbahn
Splash Town
The Alamo
San Antonio Zoo
10+ Shopping Malls
and the list goes on...

El Paso offerings:
El Paso Zoo
Wet N' Wild Waterworld
mountain climbing / hiking
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (could be a good / bad thing)
an alternative to the real Texas
10+ museums
and the list goes on...

Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 PM

in MY opinion, yes. but then again, i am a country girl who loves my cowboy church, rodeos, ropin's and the western heritage lifestyle. if you are a redneck and not cosmopolitan, this is heaven. and if you need big city stuff, you aint far from DFW, Austin, or San Antonio.
dont forget, cost of living is WAAAAY cheaper here.

Quote:
sorry thought you were a guy... ok, so in your opinion the Killeen area (from Coppers Cove to Temple) is better than San Antonio or El Paso?

San Antonio's offerings:
Sea World
Fiesta Texas
Schlitterbahn
Splash Town
The Alamo
San Antonio Zoo
10+ Shopping Malls
and the list goes on...

El Paso offerings:
El Paso Zoo
Wet N' Wild Waterworld
mountain climbing / hiking
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (could be a good / bad thing)
an alternative to the real Texas
10+ museums
and the list goes on...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,318 times
San Antonio is a wonderful warm and welcoming place to call home. The people are very friendly. There is so much to see and do. The landscape of the Texas Hill Country/ River Walk is so beautiful. Housing is very affordable. They are very good to the military, I always felt appreciated as a military spouse while living in San Antonio.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:30 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Sa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas