U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What was a part of your own Thanksgiving traditions?
Turkey 17 94.44%
Ham 5 27.78%
Dressing/stuffing 15 83.33%
Pecan pie 7 38.89%
Sweet tater pie 4 22.22%
Pumkin pie 8 44.44%
Giblet gravy 10 55.56%
Hot rolls 14 77.78%
Green bean cassaroles 6 33.33%
Lots of other things (elaborate) 8 44.44%
"A Blessing" said.. over the whole wonderful spread? *smiles* 5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM
 
10,167 posts, read 17,857,006 times
Reputation: 5780

Advertisements

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Texans and just curious...?

Which have always been a part of your own family ThanksGiving Day traditions and table? No way in the world I can cover them all in this poll of mine.

So share in the realm of "lots of others" And you can vote on more than one!

God Bless and Thanks!

Last edited by TexasReb; 11-26-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,344,458 times
Reputation: 1396
no traditions because no family...so there is no answer for me there. my coworker felt sorry for me and invited me to her house for Thanksgiving but I am very sick, so cant go. will be home alone with the dogs. no fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Status: "Getting closer...." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
50,210 posts, read 40,144,190 times
Reputation: 30454
Default Tradition

In the parlance of family tradition, it has always been about the table. Everything that's on the table, and those gathered around the table. In this day and age, not all of my family will be with me, but I will be meeting with my mother and a friend of mine (my brother and his wife and daughter are in Fort Worth, but they'll be elsewhere, and my father is deceased) and there will still be fellowship, blessings, and delicious food. What a privilege and a blessing every waking moment for me to have a place to go to when it comes time to be together.

But there will always be the table.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,344,458 times
Reputation: 1396
yes i hope everyone else is grateful, who have kinfolk and have a place to go. trust me, holidays really suck when you are alone in this world. of course i am grateful for my dogs. they are all i have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
In the parlance of family tradition, it has always been about the table. Everything that's on the table, and those gathered around the table. In this day and age, not all of my family will be with me, but I will be meeting with my mother and a friend of mine (my brother and his wife and daughter are in Fort Worth, but they'll be elsewhere, and my father is deceased) and there will still be fellowship, blessings, and delicious food. What a privilege and a blessing every waking moment for me to have a place to go to when it comes time to be together.

But there will always be the table.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Slaughter Creek, Travis County
1,194 posts, read 3,640,452 times
Reputation: 969
Enjoy the 4 days off.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 PM
 
Location: Texas
336 posts, read 656,384 times
Reputation: 148
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving...and found reasons to be
thankful...I was thankful that my family was here and that my
beautiful 81 year old Mom is still here to bless our holidays...next
year we will have our first Grandbaby to celebrate with...so that
will be exciting...bless you all and enjoy your days off...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
336 posts, read 656,384 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
no traditions because no family...so there is no answer for me there. my coworker felt sorry for me and invited me to her house for Thanksgiving but I am very sick, so cant go. will be home alone with the dogs. no fun.
Sorry that you were sick for Thanksgiving...I am sure that your dogs
were thankful that you were there with them...you should join a church
so that you can find fellowship for your holidays....get well...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,494 posts, read 13,344,458 times
Reputation: 1396
thank you terri-oh yes, my dogs were very thankful. i am a member of the cowboy church here and go every Sunday, and sometimes even to the bible study/ropin'. we had a nice potluck supper last sunday at cowboy church, and we are having a Christmas party and dance in Dec, so i am thankful for the fellowship i find there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri722 View Post
Sorry that you were sick for Thanksgiving...I am sure that your dogs
were thankful that you were there with them...you should join a church
so that you can find fellowship for your holidays....get well...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
 
Location: ITL (Houston)
9,223 posts, read 14,436,395 times
Reputation: 3545
Can't forget the peach cobbler with some vanilla ice cream on top. Yum!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2008, 02:17 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,528 posts, read 5,881,947 times
Reputation: 649
My family usually grills Fajitas but we had turkey this year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top