U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,580,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It's extremely naive to think that everyone in NY is like futcha. He's 17 years old and he's from the suburbs. Not everyone thinks in the mid frame of a 17 year old. No one I know thinks that TX is just cowboys and farmers. It's ignorant to think that we even think that (and we're the ignorant ones? I don't assume things like you just did). It's also ignorant to assume we all act like one person, seriously...lol. This thread is really cracking me up with the things some people say. This is just one example of why I don't agree with a thing with many people in the south. I'm done with this thread.
Funny, that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 PM

5,630 posts, read 7,622,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Funny, that.
thank you for pointing that out. i thought i was the only one who noticed the hypocrisy screaming from that post.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:04 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,316,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Ok, well take it for what it's worth. I don't want to waste my time anymore. You can only be so tough online when you try to talk down to someone online. It says a lot about you people. But when you take a walk through the south Bronx on a regular basis, see what happens to you lol
Says alot about you insulting a whole state when you and others you talk to have never been too. We all know you have never been here and that you are a troll on this thread. Not too worried about the south Bronx, come down here to Fondren SW with your homies and run your mouth ok son?

Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 AM

12,175 posts, read 11,053,610 times
I've asked relatives what they thought of Houston or somebody from Houston, and they are all in agreement in saying "loudmouth." Every person that I've met from Houston was this way. So maybe this explains the negative comments directed at the place.

This by the way clashes with Chicago, which will always be one of the top two real cities in this country. Chicago and NY stand in a league of their own. Houston doesn't compare and can't measure up to the long and storied histories behind these two great cities. Also, the loudmouth, bragging, swaggering, unsophisticated nature of Houston clashes deeply with Chicago's sense of great strength, character, substance, and quiet quality. Illinois is a great state, one that has produced two great men as Presidents, Lincoln and Obama. I don't need to mention that Texas produced the village idiot, the worst man to reside in the oval office in the history of this nation. Dubya hails from Texas and remains the most undignified, ill-bred, badly-conditioned, ill-informed, blundering, babbling, bungling imbecile to reside in the White House in history. I think it's time for people in Houston and Texas to "do more and talk less" as this idiot comes running back home after his failed presidency. I personally don't appreciate the fact that Texas is always painted RED come election time, underlying the notion that the state is behind the times. No offense to those who are enlightened in the state, but apparently there are not enough to offset those who aren't.

Texas is apparently a state "where dreams take wing", where "rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln"...and don't you forget it.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I've asked relatives what they thought of Houston or somebody from Houston, and they are all in agreement in saying "loudmouth." Every person that I've met from Houston was this way. So maybe this explains the negative comments directed at the place.

This by the way clashes with Chicago, which will always be one of the top two real cities in this country. Chicago and NY stand in a league of their own. Houston doesn't compare and can't measure up to the long and storied histories behind these two great cities. Also, the loudmouth, bragging, swaggering, unsophisticated nature of Houston clashes deeply with Chicago's sense of great strength, character, substance, and quiet quality. Illinois is a great state, one that has produced two great men as Presidents, Lincoln and Obama. I don't need to mention that Texas produced the village idiot, the worst man to reside in the oval office in the history of this nation. Dubya hails from Texas and remains the most undignified, ill-bred, badly-conditioned, ill-informed, blundering, babbling, bungling imbecile to reside in the White House in history. I think it's time for people in Houston and Texas to "do more and talk less" as this idiot comes running back home after his failed presidency. I personally don't appreciate the fact that Texas is always painted RED come election time, underlying the notion that the state is behind the times. No offense to those who are enlightened in the state, but apparently there are not enough to offset those who aren't.

Texas is apparently a state "where dreams take wing", where "rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln"...and don't you forget it.
Dubya, as you so eloquently call him, is from Conneticutt and was educated at Yale, an elitist ivy league school. He resides here in Texas now because he likes the free wheeling independent nature of the state and the live and let live hardworking lifestyles of the people here.

Illinois is no longer the "Land of Lincoln", it is the "Land of corrupt politicians" now and has been for the better part of 100 years.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM

11,879 posts, read 25,481,643 times
Quote:
Illinois is the "Land of Lincoln"...and don't you forget it.
Couldn't resist...

Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Couldn't resist...
Hahahaha, gave you +1 for that one

Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 AM

8,968 posts, read 8,696,115 times
Illinois has the most corrupt government in the 50 states. There are a few shining stars (Lincoln and Obama), but seriously look at the government history in that state. The politicians children usually are next in line. Kind of like kings and queens.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:07 AM

13,473 posts, read 14,969,563 times
Quote:

You want to know why Houston has a chip on it's shoulder? It's because of your post right here. If there are only two real cities. What does that make the rest of the nation. Also, outside of these boards, most Chicagoans do not hate Houston and most Houstonians do not hate Chicago. In fact, Houston is receiving many Chicago transplants and treating Houston like it is Miami to New York.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:16 AM

12,878 posts, read 19,580,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Illinois has the most corrupt government in the 50 states. There are a few shining stars (Lincoln and Obama), but seriously look at the government history in that state. The politicians children usually are next in line. Kind of like kings and queens.
You really think his hands are that clean? Unless he was blind, deaf and dumb, he knew what was what. His chief of staff certainly is uncharacteristically mum on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas