Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many guns do you have?
No guns 46 29.49%
1 Gun 19 12.18%
2 Guns 9 5.77%
3 guns or more 82 52.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
oh...I forgot about drowning...

we must ban the evil menace that is water...

so let's see...that's guns, cars, fire and water...

what else do I need protection from???
Oh my yes. There are MANY more things that need to be banned that hurt, maim and kill innocent people. We will start with these common everyday items and body parts that are used to hurt and kill be it either strangulation and/or beatings:
HANDS
Duct Tape
Belts
Rope
Jump Ropes
Telephone Cords (not that there are many of these around any more)
Electrical Cords
Baseball Bats
Golf Clubs
Feet
Shoes
Boots
Dogs (those pesky pet owners that get dogs and let them run loose)
Heck, just ban pet owners
Collars
Cast Iron Skillets

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
So, if you bought your gun legally, and you aren't using it in the commission of a crime, what's your problem with registering it or the ammunition?

Because IF some yahoo DID get into office that somehow was able to get some MAJOR gun control passed that forbid us from owning them I don't want them to know that I have "x" number of guns and what types. Don't think it is possible? I'm not going to bet that it CAN'T happen. Stranger things have happened. If I bought my gun(s) legally and I'm NOT using it in ANY criminal activity why does ANYONE need to know? They don't. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:03 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,691,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
oh...I forgot about drowning...

we must ban the evil menace that is water...

so let's see...that's guns, cars, fire and water...

what else do I need protection from???

War on drugs & War on terrorism are very well-supported by many 2nd amendment supporters.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 PM

714 posts, read 2,931,782 times
Quote:
So, if you bought your gun legally, and you aren't using it in the commission of a crime, what's your problem with registering it or the ammunition?
Then what is to say that they won't limit you to how many guns that you have or how much ammo you had?

"Barney, our records indicate that you have over two boxes of ammunition. Why do you need more than one bullet? Open your door to the nice officer who is knocking and hand over your bullets."

Old 12-15-2008, 03:06 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I think I know more men who don't have guns than do. Especially when it comes to handguns.

I have 2 handguns and an AR-15. And I'm the most law-abiding person you'll ever meet.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:09 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
Then what is to say that they won't limit you to how many guns that you have or how much ammo you had?

"Barney, our records indicate that you have over two boxes of ammunition. Why do you need more than one bullet? Open your door to the nice officer who is knocking and hand over your bullets."

So you can't have enough guns to arm a small country?

God forbid.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:

My problems:

Registration will bring a fee for the gubmint to collect .. I definitely resent that! I am taxed enough!

None of the gubmint's business if I am a law abiding citzen what guns I have , how many guns I have, or when and where I get my guns. As of now (Until the libs change the constittution) I shouldn't have to register my rights! (Do you have to register with the gubmint to exercise free speech ... just curious?).

On the ammo thing it will simply increase costs for new ammo for my LEGAL activities ... on a bias that will yield little. It could also make the substantial investment I already own illegal requiring a great loss to me! Is that OK for the gubmint to do to citizens????

Now my question(s):

Your question seems to infer I may have criminal intent ... is that your point?

How will registration "prevent" crime?

Will you pay my extra costs associated with me registering guns ... or so to speak ... exercising my 2nd Amend rights? I shouldn't have to if you are the one that thinks it neccessary (many want to require much of others as long as it doesn't make them have to give up something ... are you one of those types?)! If I excercise a privelege I'll pay for it.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
War on drugs & War on terrorism are very well-supported by many 2nd amendment supporters.

And many non-2nd A supporters too!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Because IF some yahoo DID get into office that somehow was able to get some MAJOR gun control passed that forbid us from owning them I don't want them to know that I have "x" number of guns and what types. Don't think it is possible? I'm not going to bet that it CAN'T happen. Stranger things have happened. If I bought my gun(s) legally and I'm NOT using it in ANY criminal activity why does ANYONE need to know? They don't. Simple as that.

Ah, I see, so if they make it illegal, you are afraid they will be taken away.

Of course, if they are illegal, you can't be seen with them outside the house, so what good are they? You'll end up like the creepy lizard thing in Lord Of The Rings, hiding in the dark and worrying about your preciouses.

Also, if they were to limit the amount or type of guns, you realize that violates no laws or other rights? The Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms, not how many or of what type.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
So you can't have enough guns to arm a small country?

Why are you so afraid of that????????

Its his money and his storage problems ... no skin off your azz!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
My problems:

Registration will bring a fee for the gubmint to collect .. I definitely resent that! I am taxed enough!

None of the gubmint's business if I am a law abiding citzen what guns I have , how many guns I have, or when and where I get my guns. As of now (Until the libs change the constittution) I shouldn't have to register my rights! (Do you have to register with the gubmint to exercise free speech ... just curious?).

On the ammo thing it will simply increase costs for new ammo for my LEGAL activities ... on a bias that will yield little. It could also make the substantial investment I already own illegal requiring a great loss to me! Is that OK for the gubmint to do to citizens????

Now my question(s):

Your question seems to infer I may have criminal intent ... is that your point?

How will registration "prevent" crime?

Will you pay my extra costs associated with me registering guns ... or so to speak ... exercising my 2nd Amend rights? I shouldn't have to if you are the one that thinks it neccessary (many want to require much of others as long as it doesn't make them have to give up something ... are you one of those types?)! If I excercise a privelege I'll pay for it.

One doesn't have to register for free speech because that can't physcially hurt someone. Owning a gun is much like owning a car, it requires a certain set of skills and we don't let just anyone do it. It shoudl be registered just as we register cars. That violates absolutely no rights at all.

As for your questions, only people with something to hide want to keep everything unregistered.

And no, I won't pay your fees. If you want to own a gun, and registration is required, it will be just another cost to factor in. Life's tough. You have the right to own, but the government has the right to tax it and require you to register it.

Actually, I take that back. You don't have the "right". You have the privelege. Not everyone is allowed to own a gun, so it's a privelege, not a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas