Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many guns do you have?
No guns 46 29.49%
1 Gun 19 12.18%
2 Guns 9 5.77%
3 guns or more 82 52.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:50 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,629,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Explain to me the reasoning behind feeling the need to have in the double or triple digits in firearms?

I don't personally care, but just as things such as vehicles, certain medicines, etc., are required to be registered, so should firearms.

What meds are citizens required to register???? (I eagerly await this answer)

Autos are registered as they are used on PUBLIC thoroughfares. If one uses a vehicle on private property it need not be registered!

Next!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM

Oh, I am in the medical field I am quite versed with scheduled drugs and their rules!

Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,418,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Like I said, stranger things have happened. I'm not willing to bet that there will NOT be a day that some lunatic gets elected and along w/ their lunatic congress and senate outlaws the possession of ANY and ALL guns and or firearms.

If they are "illegal" at least when the wacko and CORRUPT police at that point come a calling on my household we can defend ourselvses. When they make guns illegal for any law abiding citizen is when only the criminals and crooked "officials" will have them.

Hmm, I seem to remember a certain president making the purchase of certain types of guns illegal for ANY law abiding citizen not too long ago. Right, it can't happen

As for some of the thinking by some that we should not need more than say 1 or 2 guns........... let me put it this way. I'm a grown, responsible, law abiding adult. I can EASILY qualify to purchase and carry a gun. My husband and I purchase 2 handguns for us to have. I pefer revolvers and he likes semi-automatics . Plus a nice shotgun. Our parents each have a handgun and a shotgun but our parents ALSO inherited their parents guns. So when our parents pass on we will inherit THEIR guns including the ones they inherited from our grandparents. Wow, we will have a nice stash Are we to just take those guns and throw them away? Sell them in an ad in the paper to anyone who shows up w/ enough money? What? I'm not going to NOT buy a gun until my parents have passed on and I inherit their guns. I'm NOT going to NOT take their guns they have that I grew up w/ and were the first for me to use. Some of them are very nice collectors items. So where would all of these "overstock" of guns go then?

Besides, with people that think EXACTLY like you do that no one has ANY business owning more than "x" number of guns is EXACTLY how the laws in this country CAN be changed to outlaw the ownership, possession, purchase of guns. Which is EXACTLY why I refuse to register any and all guns that I may have in my possession.

So you think a vast, overarching goverment conspiracy to take away your guns is possible if they require you to register a firearm, like they do a car?

Interesting.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:54 PM

714 posts, read 2,931,968 times
Quote:
No, you shouldn't. Anyone who takes it upon themselves to shoot a dog ought to be shot themselves.
That's a pretty poor statement. I would be disappointed in myself for even thinking like that.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
What meds are citizens required to register???? (I eagerly await this answer)

Autos are registered as they are used on PUBLIC thoroughfares. If one uses a vehicle on private property it need not be registered!

Next!!!!!!!

You're in the medication field and you need me to answer this for you?

Go try and buy some cold medicine. You have to present ID and it gets logged to buy certain types.

So you can guarantee that you will never, ever bring any one of your guns out in public? You will never transport it anywhere off your property?

Quote:
So you think a vast, overarching goverment conspiracy to take away your guns is possible if they require you to register a firearm, like they do a car?

Interesting.

Like in Germany in 1932 ... yep, very interesting!

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Quote:
I am not forcing a belief on anybody about gun ownership. You are welcome to it.

I just wonder about the vehement mindset connected to it, and I am in favor of requiring a registration of them.
Quote:
If they were smart, they would sell guns from vending machines, or at Super Target.

Just make the ammunition a federally controlled item requiring licensing from the state and the DHS and costing $1000 a round, and with a mandantory 21-day wait period.
Quote:
Explain to me the reasoning behind feeling the need to have in the double or triple digits in firearms?

I don't personally care, but just as things such as vehicles, certain medicines, etc., are required to be registered, so should firearms.
Quote:
My outlook is that it can't be called a right if you have to meet certain qualifications to obtain it. It's a privelege.
With enough people in this country that believe like this that CAN elect people into office with the SAME beliefs is EXACTLY WHY I do NOT believe in gun control AT ALL!

The minute that ANY fool thinks that someone in office that has the ability to make such laws comes to being is the second I will know that this country is heading straight to hell. That the average law abiding citizen does not have ANY rights at all and can be locked up for no reason at all and that the government has without ANY reason the right to search and seize anyones property.

So your not "forcing" your beliefs about gun ownership on anyone? So if someone were to run for an elected office that stood up and stated they had the exact same views on gun ownership.......... would YOU vote for them?

I hope your not serious about the ammo purchases? If so, if someone were to run for an elected office and they stood up and said as much........ would YOU vote for them?

If an elected official were to run on the grounds that they wanted to make it a federal law that no citizen could own more than 1 gun per person or per household.......... would YOU vote for them?

If you answer "yes" to any of these then you can hopefully see why so many of us KNOW for a fact how easy gun ownership could become illegal in this country no matter what is in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
That's a pretty poor statement. I would be disappointed in myself for even thinking like that.

Why?

I'll happily do it. I loathe people who abuse animals, especially dogs. And yes, I consider shooting at stray animals abuse.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,600,462 times
Quote:
My outlook is that it can't be called a right if you have to meet certain qualifications to obtain it. It's a privelege.
Then pity your outlook. Glad our forefathers didnt think that way.

What is your problem with the 2nd Amendment and its rationale as per the Founding Fathers?

Apparently you fail to grasp -- or perhaps appreciate -- the very real distinction between that true rights are not the result of a benevolent dictatorship, but are totally interwoven into how a free people govern themselves. And that limitations on the same by government must demonstrate a compelling interest. Not unlike at all that "innocent until proven guilty"

Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
With enough people in this country that believe like this that CAN elect people into office with the SAME beliefs is EXACTLY WHY I do NOT believe in gun control AT ALL!

The minute that ANY fool thinks that someone in office that has the ability to make such laws comes to being is the second I will know that this country is heading straight to hell. That the average law abiding citizen does not have ANY rights at all and can be locked up for no reason at all and that the government has without ANY reason the right to search and seize anyones property. .

You already can be locked away with no recourse. Ever heard the words "enemy combatant"?

Quote:
So your not "forcing" your beliefs about gun ownership on anyone? So if someone were to run for an elected office that stood up and stated they had the exact same views on gun ownership.......... would YOU vote for them?.
I would if they agreed with me on other items of far more importance to me.

Quote:
I hope your not serious about the ammo purchases? If so, if someone were to run for an elected office and they stood up and said as much........ would YOU vote for them?

If an elected official were to run on the grounds that they wanted to make it a federal law that no citizen could own more than 1 gun per person or per household.......... would YOU vote for them?

If you answer "yes" to any of these then you can hopefully see why so many of us KNOW for a fact how easy gun ownership could become illegal in this country no matter what is in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Yes to both, assuming they were in line with other political views I have. Neither the ammo purchases nor limiting ownership to one gun is against any law or any part of the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas