Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you move back to CA?
Heck yeah! Home sweet home! 13 32.50%
No way, I love it here! 16 40.00%
Home prices have dropped? 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM

121 posts, read 437,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Sorry dweej, you'll never "win" this argument with Pogi. He HATES San Antonio and only posts here to stir up fights and diss SA as much as possible. Joy.

And now my inbox will be FILLED with "hate mail" from him since I dared to speak out.
Where did I say I hate San Antonio?? The only poster here stirring up a fight is you and dweeb. If you have nothing informational to add, move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Yes, the new homes have tiny lots and no trees. Not my thing And one that large is gonna be a bear to cool in the summer. Also not my thing . Plus, check for Mello Roos on newer neighborhoods. Sneaky not-taxes that work just like taxes will sneak up on a home buyer!

No, by CA standards, Poway and Temecula have great schools. It's just that CA standards aren't so high, ya know? Great schools in CA still don't have PE, music, art, or computer classes. Booooo . My reference to Temec. elementary was to the specific school called Temecula Elementary...poorly rated even by CA standards .
Excuse me, but this poll is not about your personal preferences. This poll is about CA people that moved to TX and might consider a move back. It's not for people that moved to CA (you) and want to go back to TX.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPogi View Post
Interesting how on the Riverside forum you talk highly of where you live, but then you come to the Texas forum and it's the complete opposite.....
Everything I say in all my posts is true: Temecula is absolutely the best town in the Inland Empire. All others pale in comparison! If someone has already decided to move to SoCal, I want to help them choose the best city, which, naturally, this one . I even write a blog about how much I 'heart' Temecula. But I don't love a place the way I would a person....soooooo financially, it's silly to live here and commute 90 miles aday when you could stay there, have a nicer home and half or a third the commute. My recent posts to the SD board have mostly been discouraging people from uprooting their lives for the SoCal "dream", especially those living in TX. So yes, Temecula is a great town, but as soon as hubby gets that job offer, we're going to be moving on to that which is better for our family .

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,878 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but this poll is not about your personal preferences. This poll is about CA people that moved to TX and might consider a move back. It's not for people that moved to CA (you) and want to go back to TX.
Totally right....so sorry for hijacking. Was not at all my intent!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
The only poster here stirring up a fight is you and dweeb. If you have nothing informational to add, move along.
Actually....that makes two posters (excluding me)...and if you kick them out as you are suggesting by telling them to move along....and not post, then that leaves......... you.

I was very curious about the response here, but I didn't know creating a poll makes the poster a dictator. Good luck with that.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
AAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!! EAP ~ please forgive me!!!! It was somebody else that used to stir the pot, not YOU!!! Crap! You haven't posted here in so long and I JUST remembered who you are! I had to go back and look at my inbox to see who it was that used to insult me over pm's.

My MOST, sincere, humble apologies???

(D@mned I'm such an idiot sometimes!!)

(tucks tail between legs and goes home for the night)

Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
AAAACCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!! EAP ~ please forgive me!!!! It was somebody else that used to stir the pot, not YOU!!! Crap! You haven't posted here in so long and I JUST remembered who you are! I had to go back and look at my inbox to see who it was that used to insult me over pm's.

My MOST, sincere, humble apologies???

(D@mned I'm such an idiot sometimes!!)

(tucks tail between legs and goes home for the night)
Hehehe, no problem Julia ....jeez now Wcat is in on the action as well!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,034 times
Quote:
Hey, hey! None of the "Julia" stuff here!!! I really am sorry.

Last edited by jules07; 01-05-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Action? where???? LOL!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:41 PM

Maybe I should have been more clear. This poll is for CA people that moved to Texas recently (during the CA housing boom, not 10, 20 years ago).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas