Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Don't forget the Hamm's beer and the Alka-Seltzer ones, also the California raisins, hmmm, maybe you will come up with a thread for these, I know people still remember some of their favorites!

Uh-oh, make to the original thread, which is a good one in itself, YES, I do remember that segment with the bowling balls! The looks the camera crew manged to capture on people's faces were just priceless!
THAT was the key, LS. You said it. The absolutely priceless looks the camera crews managed to get on peoples faces when the most outrageous things would transpire.

That is what I meant earlier when I said (IMHO) as to why the later shows (Candid Camera or spin-offs of the show) never quite matched the originals and early years.

In one of those paradoxes, (again in just this ol' IMHO realm) the extreme popularlity of the show became its own reason for not quite being as hilarious in later years. That is, after a time, people -- when jokes were played on them -- started to actually wonder if they were on Candid Camera. And may have affected their reactions. Whereas at first, the gags and the spontaneous reactions were truly original and classic.

Not that all of the later ones were bad by any means...some were very good and very funny. But I still say none will ever match the absolute hilarity of those early years....

Old Commercials? Ok...I'll do it. Gimme a minute!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 06:47 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I loved the one were the people go to mail a letter at a curb side mailbox and it starts a conversation with them.Espoecially the guy that tries to tell another that the mailbox talks...dead silence from the mailbox.
OH YES! I remember this one! I'm smiling as I type this...It was SO FUNNY!! Thanks for bringing it to mind, I can see it now in my mind. FUNNY! FUNNY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas