U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:00 AM

35 posts, read 80,379 times
I can hear that commerical.....NEW YORK CITY!

haha and I am from Indiana~don't like pace...love homemade salsa but if I had to go out looking for salsa...I love the salsa bar at Taco Cabana when I am in SA

love the guacamole from Budro's

and a snack for me no matter if I am stuck here in the north or feelin at home in SA is chips/salsa or chips and dill dip. Even happier if I have a bowl of Guatemalan fruit salad! But i so could go for some Blue Bell ice cream right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 AM

8,027 posts, read 11,134,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
another wierd favorite of mine....plain potato chips (thin kind, not ruffled or thick cut..regular or baked) sprinkled with Texas Pete (a type of Tabasco)
UH......TEXAS Pete? You DO know that isn't made in Texas, right..? I forget where it's produced (somewhere in the deep south, I think), but not in Texas!

Sort of like using Pace.... *ducking and running*

Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 AM

550 posts, read 931,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
well yeah...just sayin' so much better stuff on the shelves than Pace, in my opinion. and of course the bottled Joe T's aint near as good as the stuff at the restaurant..i miss that place!!
Uncle Julios in Ft. Worth or Dallas is one I miss.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,940,647 times
Yep, authentic tortilla chips and non-Americanized salsa with Alaskan Pale Ale beer. Oh man, getting hungry.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM

8,613 posts, read 15,393,208 times
my husbands favorite beer snacks (he's also a fan of micro brews) are sardines and saltines, hot pork rinds, or chips and hot sauce. I like that stuff too, but also root beer floats, chips and hot sauce, chips and french onion dip, popcorn (we have one of those things you put a heating disk in, oil and stovetop popcorn) but you put it in the microwave instead of on the stove. Bowl of ice cream is good too. Since I'm trying to eat well, one of my favorite late night snacks is yogurt with wheat germ on it. Makes it crunchy

Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Status: "Summer vacation;out of town a lot and not on line much!" (set 13 days ago)

9,719 posts, read 10,448,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
UH......TEXAS Pete? You DO know that isn't made in Texas, right..? I forget where it's produced (somewhere in the deep south, I think), but not in Texas!

Sort of like using Pace.... *ducking and running*
I think you are right, Cathy. Seems like it is made in...is it South Carolina...?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Status: "Summer vacation;out of town a lot and not on line much!" (set 13 days ago)

9,719 posts, read 10,448,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
my husbands favorite beer snacks (he's also a fan of micro brews) are sardines and saltines, hot pork rinds, or chips and hot sauce. I like that stuff too, but also root beer floats, chips and hot sauce, chips and french onion dip, popcorn (we have one of those things you put a heating disk in, oil and stovetop popcorn) but you put it in the microwave instead of on the stove. Bowl of ice cream is good too. Since I'm trying to eat well, one of my favorite late night snacks is yogurt with wheat germ on it. Makes it crunchy
For all my true love of the hops, I do NOT like to drink beer when eating. Even if it is only "junk food." The taste of the one offsets the good effects of the other! At least IMHO!

Anyway, I concur with the saltines and sardines fer shore (very alliterative, huh? ). A can of VI-eeners aint bad neither!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:59 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,940,647 times
An authentic Texas product that is really growing on me is the Dublin, Tx Dr. Pepper with real cane sugar.

Look I even got the Texas road in the background

Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 AM

550 posts, read 931,035 times
Ahhh Yes!!! Peggy and Dublin Dr. Pepper!!! Priceless!!! Pipeweld!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:46 AM

1,820 posts, read 2,375,328 times
Whatever I have on hand when I get the munchies. Peanut Butter (Jiff Rules) is the best thing I've found to satisfy other than hot sauce (salsa) when I seem to be craving something. I like to put peanut butter on crackers or white bread or sometimes, just a big spoonful of it! Of course like I said hot sauce (this is what I call salsa, I'm not talking about the red sauce like tabasco, etc.) is King to kill the cravings. Sometimes I like to take some corn tortillas (Tia Rosa's are the best to me) and warm them up in the microwave, spread butter on them (it melts quickly), roll them up (make a little fold over at the bottom of roll to hold the sauce in) and pour hot sauce down them. This is the best! Now I'm hungry!

Walmart used to sell a hot sauce that was made in Paris, Texas (I think it was called Texas Best) and it was the best. Then the company moved or went bankrupt or something happened, whatever, Walmart doesn't carry it anymore. So I make my own. I can't stand Pace. It tastes like they've taken tomato PASTE for God's sake and watered it down and added all the other junk. Ugh! I'm with Belle here, there's way better options!

I like pork skins and while I know this isn't common (just happened on it because I didn't have any tortilla chips handy) I really like to scoop up hot sauce with them. Talk about snap, crackle, pop!! Haha, the cereal rice crispies has nothing on this!

Our microwave went out and my daughter said, well, we can't have popcorn now. I said, let me show you a trick! The microwave has been fixed, but I'm still using the stove top. I had forgotten how good it was popped this way. We had just gotten into buying the microwave popcorn (thought it was so neat when all of this came out years ago) and had completely forgot about how we use to pop it. I had a big box of microwave popcorn that I had bought at Sam's and I gave it away. No way am I going back to it.

Sometimes just a bag of potato chips, a can of shoestring potatoes or some nuts (peanuts, cashews, etc.) Cheese and crackers or split a hoagie bun and smear it with butter, top with grated cheese and melt under the broiler. Umm, good!

Reb, what is wrong with you? This is January, the month of good resolutions, the TV ads showing all the Slimfast commercials, the exercise equipment, etc. People trying to take off the extra holiday weight they packed on and spring right around the corner.... swimsuit time!!! And now, I've got the munchies!!! Whatever ARE you thinking!

Last edited by lonestar2007; 01-14-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas