Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM

23 posts, read 58,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I grew up in a small town in Northeast Texas and I wore cowgirl getup for what I guess must have been Go Texas Day once. I was in fourth grade. Made my mama buy me some white cowboy boots. Saw Wranglers, cowboy hats, and snap shirts on a daily basis. Bolos were popular for a while there. Justin Ropers got big in middle school. Moved to Southeast Texas and that was the end of my daily exposure to KIKKer-wear.
Haha, I moved to Fannin County from San Antonio and went, "Oh my God, I just found Texas." I couldn't even understand the accents for a while. But yeah, the cowboy look is definitely "in" in NE Texas. People don't wear glitzy western wear, though. It's mostly practical, old boots and Wranglers and Carhartt jackets. Oh, and pearl-snap shirts, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,102 times
That's exactly how I felt after I was stuck in South Texas for a year, and came to Central Texas....I said to myself "I am back in Texas now" (the Texas that I know-being from North Texas)....
It aint glitzy here either-it's definitely practical rancher wear. Just at church women and teenage girls add a bit of that western bling that is so popular nowadays in the western stores (Schwartzkopf crystal laden western belts, big Schwartzkopf crystal cross necklaces etc)...but worn with their plain ole Wranglers, button down shirts or t-shirts, and fat baby boots or their roughstock boots with spurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookery View Post
Haha, I moved to Fannin County from San Antonio and went, "Oh my God, I just found Texas." I couldn't even understand the accents for a while. But yeah, the cowboy look is definitely "in" in NE Texas. People don't wear glitzy western wear, though. It's mostly practical, old boots and Wranglers and Carhartt jackets. Oh, and pearl-snap shirts, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas